• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ditch your PS3, Get $100 store credit towards Xbox One

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Ditch all of the free games I get with Plus for a piddly $100 off your underpowered system with ANOTHER online fee? No thanks.

Sony really needs to do a comeback offer giving people $50-$100 for their 360s. That would essentially make the PS4 $299-$349. Much better deal

kick51

Banned
w3CFKY5.jpg

iMRiwzEsHUg4p.gif

stuminus3

They must think I'm a dark shade of stupid if they think I'd think there's any value at all in giving up my PS3 for an Xbox One at this point. Good grief. Maybe in a couple of years but not now.

Marcel

Let's negotiate a little here, MS. How about you recycle my white 360 with the fried GPU for $100? I think I might have a pair of those around here somewhere.

ampere

The idea is interesting, but we still have FFX HD and Persona 5 coming out this year so a lot of people want to hold onto their PS3s.

I'm keeping my PS3 until it stops working or I have a PS4 and the gaikai stuff is sufficiently lag free.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Is it store credit or just towards an xbox one?

I have an extra PS3 I'd like to get rid off...(I already have a one and ps4).

dreamfall

Yeah, I just got this email and immediately laughed.

It's a $100 trade in! No way. Once some other great titles for XBO roll out, I'll be there. Preferably without Kinect!

Or keep your PS3, buy a PS4 and you save the same amount of money that you would have gotten off the XB1.

Also, I can't imagine there being many people going from PS3 -> Xbone this gen. What incentive is there?

Those poaching sons of bitches!

Seriously. that's a terrible deal. If they were serious, they'd offer $150 and bundle the X1 with a game or two...

entremet

I think this is where's GAF hardcore mentality is missing the point.

Most people sell their games and consoles. Collectors are a rare breed, but common here.

Not that many gamers are interested in Persona 5. It's still a niche franchise in the west. It sells well to its fans of course, but Joe Gamer isn't holding out for Persona 5.

MS is going for a specific user, who the PS3 has no value to them as much and possibly is interested in the XB1--it's demand is still high even after all the mishaps with their DRM.

This is a reasonable deal. Not everyone is a super hardcore Sony fan.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
OMG this is one classy move by MS!

Anyways, with the library the PS3 have, there is no way I would exchange it for an Xbone. Maybe in two years when Halo 5 comes out, but for now, they need to offer me more. This applies to the PS4 as well btw, nothing to play there either.

Marcel

Just received the offer in my email. Here's a screencap of that fine print:

0ad6C49.png

Working PS3s only, folks. The dream is dead, haha.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not ditching my PS3 anytime soon. Between Ni No Kuni, Tales of Xillia, a bunch of other games in my backlog, and upcoming games like Dark Souls 2 I see no need to get rid of my old gen systems just yet.

It's the PS4/XB1 that I don't see any need for just yet.

Jack cw

So many salty haters in this thread. I bet some of them are afraid this might actually work in MS's favor.

I like joke accounts. But seriously, why bother with a weaker console and non Sony IPs, when you can get a PS4 for the same price and keep your PS3? This is the worst idea from Micrososft since the forced DRM. Its funny though.

Top Bottom