• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 6P | OT | Its also the best Android Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotBacon

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
You either buy a Nexus or an iPhone. The other phones are wastes of time.

Moreche

As much as I love my 6p I am going to return it.
The bend tests and damage reports tell me that the build really is rubbish.

I don't think they're going to have it in any retail stores and none of the carriers have said anything about stocking it. That being if you want to get an idea of the size of the device try looking at the iPhone 6S Plus. Both phones very nearly have the same height/width and they're the same thickness wise so you could get a rough idea out of it.

Thanks for the tip, didn't realize its that big.

Fret

I was so ready to get one on release but its over $1000 in Australia

one thousand dollars

I payed $400 for my N5 in 2013

You either buy a Nexus or an iPhone. The other phones are wastes of time.

yup, went from n4 to s6 because I needed a better camera, and man this phone is middling, really learned I dislike touchwiz (minus the expanded quickbar). Am tempted to switch to the 6p

Tripon

I don't see that helping its structure.
Okay. If you are intentionally trying to bend this phone, you are right. This is not the phone for you. Otherwise, you are fine with leaving it in your back pocket and sitting on it (with a case).

Moreche

Okay. If you are intentionally trying to bend this phone, you are right. This is not the phone for you. Otherwise, you are fine with leaving it in your back pocket and sitting on it (with a case).
That's the thing, I don't even trust it do stand up to that.

Rengoku

It's the same kind of crap I've seen for pretty much every other phone release. You will always get a vocal minority complaining about defects and damage. It's never deterred me from buying a phone. If anything, I'd wait a little longer to see how things pan out. So far I haven't experienced any of these reported issues, maybe I'm just lucky.....

Fou-Lu

It's really hard to tell how common issues with a phone is from the internet. Mostly only dissatisfied people are going to post after all. And despite the apparent issues I've still only seen a few reports.

Plan on picking one of these up soon. I want to keep in the Apple ecosystem but Android is just that much more appealing to me. Not to mention how affordable it is in comparison for a phone with maybe marginally inferior hardware.

Also fuck apple for removing the 32gb option

I know right. I think I'm gonna return mine because I saw someone launch it into space and it didn't survive. Such bull right? I know iphones can be put in lava to peek at apps

Moreche

I know right. I think I'm gonna return mine because I saw someone launch it into space and it didn't survive. Such bull right? I know iphones can be put in lava to peek at apps
I get your point but what happens when my unit bends in my pocket next month and Google don't do anything for me?
Personally I think that the larger the phone, the higher the chance this could happen so shame on the company that don't strengthen the frame to avoid this.

SliChillax

I've been using this phone now for almost 2 weeks. Still have yet to find something that I don't like about it. Camera at low light especially is amazing, just make sure to use hdr.

I'm really loving my 6p so far after a solid week of use. My only complaint is that I wish the battery would last a little longer. It's not terrible as it will last the whole day, but I don't even use my phone for music or any of that so I wonder how long it would last then. I just need to get a second charger to leave at work to boost my phone during lunch. The rapid charge is pretty great.

wachie

I'm really loving my 6p so far after a solid week of use. My only complaint is that I wish the battery would last a little longer. It's not terrible as it will last the whole day, but I don't even use my phone for music or any of that so I wonder how long it would last then. I just need to get a second charger to leave at work to boost my phone during lunch. The rapid charge is pretty great.
Yup, battery life is decent. It'll last a day easily with around 3-3.5 hrs of screen usage, just wish it was closer to 4.5-5 hrs and it could last me two full days.

Yup, battery life is decent. It'll last a day easily with around 3-3.5 hrs of screen usage, just wish it was closer to 4.5-5 hrs and it could last me two full days.

I imagine they'll improve it with software updates. Google have been focusing on battery life a lot with Marshmallow.

Miutsu

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone in here has experience buying a nexus phone in the us while living in Canada?

I'm from Canada will spend a week in the US soon and I know the prices are cheaper over there so I was thinking of buying one while being there, but I don't know how that would affect my warranty in case I need to return the phone back to google.

The other thing is, how are the shipment times currently? since I will be there until the 22 of November, if current shipments are estimated after that date then I'll just buy it in Canada.

SliChillax

What's the difference between hdr+ and hdr+ auto?

I've tried pics with either setting and haven't noticed much difference.

HDR is useful in low light. First is with hdr off, second with it on.

2vf0hZG.jpg

YuNKwCr.jpg

The room was really dark when I took these pics.

Moreche

As much as I want to return this phone, the more I use it the more I prefer it over my 6S and iOS.
The flexibility and usefulness of android is wonderful, I'll admit there is some jank but it's worth it. Marshmallow is streets ahead of ios9, even using swift key is so much better on android.

Kevyt

It's almost as if Google/Huawei doesn't want your money given how long one has to wait to receive the 6p... let alone shipping...

I'm seriously considering canceling the damn thing and getting whatever phone I can go to a store and buy that's decent.

SliChillax

It's almost as if Google/Huawei doesn't want your money given how long one has to wait to receive the 6p... let alone shipping...

I'm seriously considering canceling the damn thing and getting whatever phone I can go to a store and buy that's decent.

Where do you live? I got mine on the 25th of October. Just went to a store and picked it up. Why are people having such a hard time?

Kevyt

Where do you live? I got mine on the 25th of October. Just went to a store and picked it up. Why are people having such a hard time?

The US.

Really? Where do you live? No store here has the 6p...

Edit: you're in Albania. Wow, so Albania got the Nexus 6p in stores, and the US did not... ;_;

My question would be why are cell phone launches always like this? So difficult to get one of them... It's 2015, almost 2016. >.>

SliChillax

The US.

Really? Where do you live? No store here has the 6p...

Edit: you're in Albania. Wow, so Albania got the Nexus 6p in stores, and the US did not... ;_;

My question would be why are cell phone launches always like this? So difficult to get one of them... It's 2015, almost 2016. >.>

I'm from Albania but I live in the UK. No Nexus in Albania until December :p

As much as I want to return this phone, the more I use it the more I prefer it over my 6S and iOS.
The flexibility and usefulness of android is wonderful, I'll admit there is some jank but it's worth it. Marshmallow is streets ahead of ios9, even using swift key is so much better on android.
Care to explain what you mean by "jank?"

NotBacon

Care to explain what you mean by "jank?"

It's a term that iOS users use to hold on to the old notion that Android is inherently laggier than iOS, which we know hasn't been true in a long time.

If anything, I feel like my iPhone 6 hiccups more than my Nexus 6.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Thinking about upgrading from my Nexus 6. Is it worth the upgrade to the 6p or should I just stick with what I have?
If you have the money, do it. If not, the 6 is still great. The crappy 6 vibration is reason enough for me to switch. I hate it so much.

Uh oh. The thin clients at my work don't charge my phone with the USB-A to USB-C cord. :( These are the only USB ports I have access to at work and all power points are in use. The charging options appear on the phone but the battery icon doesn't change and it goes down.

esai

Mine won't ship till December 7th :( I want it now. My s4 is still doing well but I want the better phone and camera.

Everdred

Absolutely love mine so far, I got the 64GB frost. I went from a Sony Xperia Z3C to a Asus Zenfone and now the Nexus 6P. I frequently get 5.5 SOT and it usually lasts me a day and a half. Here is an untouched photo of my cat (2nd try). Posting from the phone so I hope it's not too large.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom