• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

rambis

Banned
Good episode. Happy to see smaller scale battles between ninja again like the good ol' days. Its weird seeing these kids not being friends off the bat yet. Imagined they would all be buddies. I also thought Konohamaru was gonna be their homeroom teacher? Or does he become their squad leader?

Boruto is cool and likeable. Very easy to root for him. The class rep is totally into him. Whos kid is she anyways?

Also, did the battle take place at the same arena as
Lee vs Gaara
?

I think he officially became a squad leader in episode 1, cause he told Boruto to call him Sensei from now on. He does eventually become their leader though yes.

And yeah I agree Boruto is very likeable. I also understand why he isn't so fond of Naruto more now.

Parshias7

Did they say the war was 10 years ago? I thought Boruto would be about Naruto's age from the beginning of the series which would be like 12 or so but that doesn't add up.

I wonder how the Boruto from these early episodes will line up with movie Boruto to come since
in the movie he was kind of a lazy ass who wanted to cheat to get ahead.

rambis

Banned
Did they say the war was 10 years ago? I thought Boruto would be about Naruto's age from the beginning of the series which would be like 12 or so but that doesn't add up.

I wonder how the Boruto from these early episodes will line up with movie Boruto to come since
in the movie he was kind of a lazy ass who wanted to cheat to get ahead.
Kishi touched on this. Boruto is more wise than he is lazy.

Naruto seems to be a hundred times busier than Tsunade or Hiruzen and he even has clones helping him with the load, what the heck is he doing.

This is how I picture Naruto
spongebob-essay-o.gif

Chase17

Boruto is cool and likeable. Very easy to root for him. The class rep is totally into him. Whos kid is she anyways?
I thought for sure that must have been someones kid, but I couldn't figure out who. I don't think we know about her parents yet, if she is someone notables kid.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Did the class rep seem like a cardboard cutout to anyone? Both in terms of animation and how flat she looks from the front.

CrazyDude

Naruto seems to be a hundred times busier than Tsunade or Hiruzen and he even has clones helping him with the load, what the heck is he doing.

This is how I picture Naruto
spongebob-essay-o.gif

Of course he is. Naruto has to deal with not only the old side of the village but the new Hong Kong side of the village.

Yo who is Metal Lee's mom? Tenten?

Yes. None of the Naruto pairings are all that surprising. Ino ended up with Sai because that was the best they had left.

The full list was:

Boruto - Naruto + Hinata
Sarada - Sasuke + Sakura
Shikadai - Shikamaru + Temari
Chocho - Choji + Karui
Metal Lee - Rock + TenTen

No one else had any visible kids that we've seen.

Yes. None of the Naruto pairings are all that surprising. Ino ended up with Sai because that was the best they had left.

The full list was:

Boruto - Naruto + Hinata
Sarada - Sasuke + Sakura
Chocho - Choji + Karui

Didn't Ino and Sai have some chemistry going on in Shippuden?

Choji and Karui came out of nowhere lol

Desmond

Lee and Tenten was never stated. It would make a hell of a lot of sense. Fake spoilers for the Boruto manga claimed that Kurotsuchi was his mother from a one night stand 😂

Sai and Ino's relationship was dealt with in the Shikamaru Hiden novel.

Epcott

Heh, so much pre-timeskip Naruto vibe from this show so far. Not bad. Enjoyed episode 2, but yes, definitely a drop in animation quality.

So it seems this takes place before Boruto the movie, and the manga takes place after the movie...

So I guess his special eye jutsu is some kind of byakugan upgrade and not god-curse mark related.

maruchan

Anyone like the new kids like Denki, the other kids are anyonying. Anyone getting the weak bff, that later gets strong a la coby from one piece...

The full list was:

Boruto - Naruto + Hinata
Sarada - Sasuke + Sakura
Chocho - Choji + Karui

We've never seen Metal's mom.

I really like the story but boy, the animation quality drops a lot on the 2nd episode. low frames per second, horrendous keyart, etc.

Will keep watching, but hoping they'll do something about that.

Desmond

I really like the story but boy, the animation quality drops a lot on the 2nd episode. low frames per second, horrendous keyart, etc.

This is par for the course for a weekly series. It's been the same for the past 15/16 years.

Another good episode and we now have a better idea of how the shit in the opening flash-forward goes down.

Also liked that Bortuo won without any crazy OP powers, dude just used a small skill set with no fox chakra or hidden powers and won the day.

Sesha

All the new kids look like typical filler or movie characters. Purple girl looks like a dime store Hinata.

Jury's still out on Rock Lee's baby momma. My theory is they got Orochimaru to clone him, because with Sakura giving herself to monster mash and the graveyard smash, and Tenten being an asexual cat lady but with weapons instead of cats, there were no options left.

Didn't Ino and Sai have some chemistry going on in Shippuden?

Choji and Karui came out of nowhere lol

They had one scene together iirc that was essentially gag scene about Sai lying and calling her pretty instead of saying what he actually thought.

rambis

Banned

As has been said, its due to outsourcing which is inevitable in a series like this. If you want to know what to expect just look at the monthly listings when they come out.

All the new kids look like typical filler or movie characters. Purple girl looks like a dime store Hinata.

Jury's still out on Rock Lee's baby momma. My theory is they got Orochimaru to clone him, because with Sakura giving herself to monster mash and the graveyard smash, and Tenten being an asexual cat lady but with weapons instead of cats, there were no options left.

They had one scene together iirc that was essentially gag scene about Sai lying and calling her pretty instead of saying what he actually thought.

Idk if it was filler or not but Ino definitely said Sai was "cute" in his introduction arc. I also want to say her IT dream was Sai and Sasuke fighting over her.

Effect

TenTen being Metal Lee's mom makes the most sense. The ending kinda points in that direction as well. We see pictures of the families and parents (generally the old cast) in the ending but they're paired up. We see Rock Lee and TenTen together and we got a kid that looks like Lee. We don't see Karui next to Choji or Temari but they're not apart of the old cast. So if the ending is just limited to them they wouldn't be there. We see Shino and Kiba there together. They're the odd ones out (unless they got paired together) but they're likely both teachers the same with Konohamaru so they'd get grouped together.

Nope. In a manga chapter written ny Kishimoto for the Naruto Exhibition that ran in Japan following the manga's conclusion. I'm holding the book right now.

She's also the girl who is with him in the final chapter.

Ahh I was anime only for the majority of Shippuden and only remember seeing her when Shino and Kiba ventured out to get the honey wine for Naruto's wedding gift.
It seemed like an extremely hokey way of finding Kiba a partner (as I assumed that's where it was going), but knowing now that she'd previously appeared makes more sense.

What did she do for the Uchihas?

Sou Da

TenTen being Metal Lee's mom makes the most sense. The ending kinda points in that direction as well. We see pictures of the families and parents (generally the old cast) in the ending but they're paired up. We see Rock Lee and TenTen together and we got a kid that looks like Lee. We don't see Karui next to Choji or Temari but they're not apart of the old cast. So if the ending is just limited to them they wouldn't be there. We see Shino and Kiba there together. They're the odd ones out (unless they got paired together) but they're likely both teachers the same with Konohamaru so they'd get grouped together.

She probably thinks of Neji during.

Desmond

Ahh I was anime only for the majority of Shippuden and only remember seeing her when Shino and Kiba ventured out to get the honey wine for Naruto's wedding gift.
It seemed like an extremely hokey way of finding Kiba a partner (as I assumed that's where it was going), but knowing now that she'd previously appeared makes more sense.

What did she do for the Uchihas?
All I remember about her is that herself and her grandmother ran a supply shop for the Uchihas.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Tamaki

Kaizer

Banned
Maybe it's because I haven't really consumed any Naruto-related media in a few years other then the Boruto movie, but I'm enjoying this show quite a bit so far. Second episode was good, reminds a lot of classic Naruto pre-time skip. It'll be interesting to see when they get around to the movie's plot. It seems like that might make up the first major arc of this series.

SoulUnison

Banned
So this is super obscure and random and I don't even know why I made the connection, but did anyone else notice that the track that plays in the background when Boruto confronts the bullies for Denki's wallet has a riff lifted directly from the third original series movie?
Do they share music composers?

Compare this melody from the movie to the music at around 6:10 in episode 1 of Boruto, right as he shoves the burger in the kid's mouth.

EDIT:
Huh, Movie 3 had its music done by Toshio Masuda, but the Boruto series music is credited to Yasuharu Takanashi, like most of Shippuden.

Thats cause most of them are.

Akai__

I'm not sure if many know this, but there is a Special Episode named: "The Day Naruto Became Hokage".

Takes place before Boruto and it's worth a watch, since it's pretty funny and it's also pretty short.

Top Bottom