• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones Season 7 Trailer

I don't believe there will be an all out battle with the white walkers. It's too easy. I also don't think you can win a war with them. As soon as your men die. They get resurrected by the night king. Joining his army.

I don't believe there will be an all out battle with the white walkers. It's too easy. I also don't think you can win a war with them. As soon as your men die. They get resurrected by the night king. Joining his army.

The three eyed raven will change the past, killing the night king and setting the mad king right before going mad.

duckroll

Too easy sounds like exactly what GoT would do tho.

shira

For Winterfell!
For Ned's Boy!

fantomena

Tyrion is the prince that was promised. Game of thrones is going to end with a magnificent 7 style fight vs the walkers where each of the 7 will represent each of the westeros 7 God archtypes.

Tyrion has positive connections with every other major player alive.

Dany: Currently Advising
Jon: went with him to the wall in season 1 and both advised and mentored him
Sansa: they were married and Tyrion treated her well
Bran: Tyrion designed his saddle
Jamie: Brothers who were close growing up and can easily mend their current strained relationship.

The only one he doesnt have a relationship with in the show is Arya and in leaked book chapters they cross paths.

Although i am leaning towards Jon and Dany both being on team undead on Brieanne and Gendry filling the remaining roles.

Besides GRRM does love his irony. So Brieanne being representative of "The Maid" or Jamie the Warrior despite only having one hand is fitting.

Nah. I mean Jon was literally born to the world in a promise, "promise me, Ned".

In the end, I personally expect
no war, but peace between the humans and walkers. I also expect there was a peace between humans and ww during the long night, so they build the ice wall to mark their terriitory. I see this thing as azor ahai, some hero with a flaming sword who defeated the ww to be bullshit. Craster might have discovered part of the deal which is why they let him alone. He delivered them male babies and they let Craster alone. As fucked up that is, it means that the ww can be reasoned with. SO the reason the ww are back might be that some part of the pact/peace/agreement that was made during the long night was broken somehow or they're out after Dany or something.

I don't care how predictable it will be Cersei and the Lannister reign should not last more than half the season. She has all the most powerful kingdoms against her plus Dany and her Unsullied and Dothraki armies. She doesn't have the intelligence or cunning to come up with an even halfway decent plan stop what's coming for her. I almost want to call it a jump the shark moment if her and the Lannister are not obliterated. The focus should be getting the kingdoms united to prepare for the real battle with the WWs.

Cersei is Kim Jung Un. She will out last every other players in the game. Kim Jung Un will still be ruling North Korea when you have grand children.

Long Live the Queen!

If the Night King has an undead dragon

and if the mythology of him is true

I would say that everyone loses.

After all, didn't GRRM say that none of the spin offs for Game of Thrones NOT take place after Song of Fire and Ice? That spells 'DOOM' for me.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

After all, didn't GRRM say that none of the spin offs for Game of Thrones NOT take place after Song of Fire and Ice? That spells 'DOOM' for me.

I'm still going with the wild theory that the White Walkers are the unsung heroes and the Lord of Light is the real threat to everyone.

Speevy

Banned
I'm still going with the wild theory that the White Walkers are the unsung heroes and the Lord of Light is the real threat to everyone.

Then they've not devoted enough screen time to someone who only does occasionally effective blood sacrifices and resurrections from another plane of existence.

GRRM didn't say the ending would be disastrous. and if one of the spinoffs took place after asoiaf then it would technically be not just a spinoff but a sequel also.

GRRM didn't say the ending would be disastrous. and if one of the spinoffs took place after asoiaf then it would technically be not just a spinoff but a sequel also.

eh

but there could be a spinoff that takes place after it, and it wouldn't necessarily be a sequel

Just like how the spin offs take place before ASoFaI aren't prequels even though they take place before GoT.

there will be an
ed sheeran
cameo. i wish there could be a weeknd cameo too. maybe next season.
eh

but there could be a spinoff that takes place after it, and it wouldn't necessarily be a sequel

Just like how the spin offs take place before ASoFaI aren't prequels even though they take place before GoT.
yeah you have a point. I guess if they start divulging in different storylines from all of the OG main characters. but the thing is the ending is not going to be 100% disastrous. there's going to be at least a glimmer of hope. i think that's one way to describe bittersweet

july 16, can't wait, but not gonna get hyped because i know i'll be disappointed. all i want to see is the white walker slaughter EVERYONE!!!

Fingers crossed for Dany getting stomped on by a dragon or turned into a WW. Would be sweet revenge for six seasons of a garbage character and storyline.

I hope you are right even though we are more than likely in the minority of not loving Dany. Her being popular still baffles me.

mantidor

I hope you are right even though we are more than likely in the minority of not loving Dany. Her being popular still baffles me.

Pfft please, the cool thing on the internet is to hate on Dany, you guys are hardly alone. The funny thing is that most can't really explain why they hate her beyond "she annoys me".

jett

D-Member
Cersei doesn't make it past this season. They need to make way for the real conflict in season 8, and the Lannisters are worth zilch there.

Magus1234

Pfft please, the cool thing on the internet is to hate on Dany, you guys are hardly alone. The funny thing is that most can't really explain why they hate her beyond "she annoys me".

To me it is just the immature attitude, motivation is strange to me and she kind of serendipitously fell into all this power. Really she just seems crazy, who would want the throne when you have no power and know nothing about the land and politics over seas? So is she just obsessed with power(crazy)? Believes she is owed it(crazy) or ..what? At least with Cersei you know what was motivating her, her family and with John, his loyalty.

Her storyline has been awful and boring for six seasons. That's reason enough to hate her.

Not even Jorah and Barristan could fix that shit. They wrote her storyline so bad that the best knight in Westeros got killed by some little bitches wearing towels and masks. D&D at their finest.

Magus1234

Her storyline has been awful and boring for six seasons. That's reason enough to hate her.

Not even Jorah and Barristan could fix that shit. They wrote her storyline so bad that the best knight in Westeros got killed by some little bitches wearing towels and masks. D&D at their finest.
Im not going to lie, that was probably one of the most disappointing things to happen in this story to me. I was so stoked that the greatest swordsman was some old dude. I was totally looking forward to him doing some awesome heroics like slaying a hundred men or anything, but nope. Get fucked by randos

mantidor

To me it is just the immature attitude, motivation is strange to me and she kind of serendipitously fell into all this power. Really she just seems crazy, who would want the throne when you have no power and know nothing about the land and politics over seas? So is she just obsessed with power(crazy)? Believes she is owed it(crazy) or ..what? At least with Cersei you know what was motivating her, her family and with John, his loyalty.

That is the thing, she is all of those things, but she isn't particularly more flawed than the rest of the characters, they are all pretty horrible, even their more sanitized show versions, except Jon I guess. Of course she wants the throne, she had absolutely nothing most of her life except for that claim, the motivation is pretty straightforward.

This so hyperbolic lol

1324596542030_7713053.png

Im not going to lie, that was probably one of the most disappointing things to happen in this story to me. I was so stoked that the greatest swordsman was some old dude. I was totally looking forward to him doing some awesome heroics like slaying a hundred men or anything, but nope. Get fucked by randos

you should have known about 'hero worship' doesn't work in the world of westeros though. Seasons after seasons, the books and show have reminded you........this ain't lord of the rings or wheel of time. All men must die, especially heroes in the world of westeros.

Magus1234

That is the thing, she is all of those things, but she isn't particularly more flawed than the rest of the characters, they are all pretty horrible, even their more sanitized show versions, except Jon I guess. Of course she wants the throne, she had absolutely nothing most of her life except for that claim, the motivation is pretty straightforward.

Right but then she is just basically this kid who wants power and fumbles around till she got a huge army and some Dragons. It just feels like a brat getting everything they want in an impossibly rough world.

mantidor

Right but then she is just basically this kid who wants power and fumbles around till she got a huge army and some Dragons. It just feels like a brat getting everything they want in an impossibly rough world.

She legit got that army, the way she took over Astapor and gained the unsullied was brilliant.

The way she got all dorhraki was lame though, that I agree, I feel D&D have only rough sketches of how that is going to actually play in the books and they really don't have the talent to make it believable or at least coherent.

Just finished watching Season 1 - Current for the second time. This time with my wife. So glad I watched it a second time because there were so many things I didn't catch the first go around. The show is so damn good

Jombie

you should have known about 'hero worship' doesn't work in the world of westeros though. Seasons after seasons, the books and show have reminded you........this ain't lord of the rings or wheel of time. All men must die, especially heroes in the world of westeros.

It's like the myth that Ned beat Ser Arthur Dayne, when he was stabbed in the back. The books and show have a lot to say about mythologizing.

FiggyCal

Banned
can we please stop repeating things we saw from
the leaks
and saying them like they're original ideas? I swear I've seen people do this in the thread...

I think they've painted everyone as relatively broken down after years of war. Lannisters still have a decent force between the soldiers at KL and Casterly Rock. They also have the Riverlands' army and a shitload of Wildfire. Plus an alliance with The Iron Islands makes too much sense not to happen. It'll take a miracle for them to defeat Dany, but it's totally plausible that they put up a solid fight.

It's funny, Cersei finds herself staring the then hypotheticalDothraki conundrum her and Robert talked about in the face.

"Only a fool would meet the Dothraki in an open field." And that looks like that's exactly what she's doing. Expect her to have a trick or two tucked away.

If anyone is going to join up with Cersi it's littlefinger and the vale.

Violet_0

Banned
can we please stop repeating things we saw from
the leaks
and saying them like they're original ideas? I swear I've seen people do this in the thread...

do you have a link to the leak by any chance? I don't mind taking a look at it, last season's leak was legit

Its implied that he doesnt buy Roberts version of the story, not that Ned isnt Johns father.

He might know but we're not sure.

Edit: Also why are you spoiler tagging that?

the reason i'm spoiler tagging it is coz it's super strict on here about Thrones. I didn't start watching until after season 6 premiered last year, I saw a coworker, hardcore fan lurking the thread lol but I just remember seeing the warnings in the OP. I got banned last year once even with spoiler tags on, in the Walking Dead thread. The penalty in Thrones must be much worse.

CloudWolf

I still think that there's only one way to redeem Dany in both the show and the books and that is to make her a villain. I mean, after all she is an outside invader of a family that fucked up the entire continent the last time they were in power and she has dragons. It would be fun to see the entirety of Westeros band together against her. If you think about it, it's basically the same as when the Mongols came to Europe.

Not that that's going to happen in the show, but I can dream.

Magus1234

I still think that there's only one way to redeem Dany in both the show and the books and that is to make her a villain. I mean, after all she is an outside invader of a family that fucked up the entire continent the last time they were in power and she has dragons. It would be fun to see the entirety of Wedteros band together against her. If you think about it, it's basically the same as when the Mongols came to Europe.

Not that that's going to happen in the show, but I can dream.

Yes, exactly. That is why when someone referred to her character as more crazed in the novels it got me excited. Hopefully something like that plays out, though it is a stretch.

looks like melisandre is in the service of Daenerys Targaryen and at 0:59 you can see Tyrion Lannister leading both Jon Snow and Davos to meet her.

I've looked at zero leaks for this or next season but I feel pretty confident
Danny is going to die
. It's just seemed far too obvious from the get go that she is the "future ruler of Westeros" and not to mention GRRM referred to her as a conqueror and then himself said "I don't like conquerors".

I think she lives through Season 7 but dies in the end of Season 8.

Top Bottom