• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 4 Screenshots (Grunt new design revealed)

derFeef

I wonder why Cortana seems to have a body now, and is not affected by any kind of distortion or some other holo effect.

TUROK

The Grunts look weird. They actually look creepy and menacing this time around, but they look like sharks, which just seems odd in my mind.

Even though the Covies aren't the main enemy anymore, I can't wait to see how they animate this time around.

nib95

Banned
Gotta say, first time Halo visuals have seriously impressed this gen. I'm talking top tier stuff. Lighting looks amazing. A few of the textures are a bit off, but in a sandbox game, I think it would be a bit silly to expect otherwise. Though in these closed off areas they could in theory just up the textures based on LOD or whatever.

Still, colour me impressed. Love the re-designs too.

Khezu

It looks really good, though the new grunts are little weird looking.

I wonder how bungies new game will compare visually.

Dimorphic

Why not? That element has been in Halo from the beginning.

It has but it's been subtle, it hasn't been the focus of the story. Considering she is an AI and he's human if they manifested the story into a literal love story I don't see any way it could work.

h3ro

halo4_360_visuel_011tjjl4.jpg

Shepard.

Gui_PT

It has but it's been subtle, it hasn't been the focus of the story. Considering she is an AI and he's human if they manifested the story into a literal love story I don't see any way it could work.

They will find forerunner technology to turn her into a real boy human being. Then, they will rock it in the back of a hog.

Yeah I'm not saying it should be the focus of the story or anything, just saying that it's existed in some form and needs to be resolved. Obviously a literal love story wouldn't work especially given Cortana's
imminent rampancy

No it hasn't.

Ok.

Dimorphic

They will find forerunner technology to turn her into a real boy human being. Then, they will rock it in the back of a hog.

Zach Efron now voices the Chief and Cortana is modelled after Zooey Deschanel. It's rated PG and renamed Halo School Musical.

I'd buy it.

TUROK

I'm gonna get some flak for this, but I think Reach's Spartans looked better than Halo 4's Chief, graphically.

Halo-Reach-Noble6-Emile-Wallpaper.jpg

i-Lo

I feel like Cortana has been highly (& needlessly) sexualized to cater to a broader audience comprising of teenagers with raging hormones. I kind of find it pathetic.

The rest of the game looks good so far and I'd definitely say that the new Grunt design make it look like a cross between a shark and a Krogan.

.la1n

My jaw isn't hitting the floor like whatever the hyperbole was going on before we got the screens. I would like to see it in motion. I love Halo for it's game play though so really it's a non issue. It's an obvious upgrade and looks nice and clean. I'm one of those weird people who actually enjoyed Reach more than the previous 3 games...although it's a toss up between that and ODST.

Yeah I'm not saying it should be the focus of the story or anything, just saying that it's existed in some form and needs to be resolved. Obviously a literal love story wouldn't work especially given Cortana's
imminent rampancy

There's nothing that needs to be resolved. They care about each other a lot as good friends would, but that's about it.

Seriously, this game looks graphically fantastic for a 360 game, and the art direction is impressive. I am really loving the look of Cortana, both graphically and stylistically, I am very impressed. I seriously am dying to see Halo 4 in motion, I can only imagine how the lighting, tone and atmosphere of the game will look.

As for the Grunt I am 50/50, great art, but a little Wretch like.. I would actually like it a lot more if the hands and feet looked more Reach like, I will take the new face and body.

derFeef

I'm gonna get some flak for this, but I think Reach's Spartans looked better than Halo 4's Chief, graphically.

I think 343 finally nailed the armor look. It looks made out of metal and heavy. While I think Reach looks great the Spartans always looked like made out of plastic somehow. Except Jorge weirdly.

Halo-Reach-Noble6-Emile-Wallpaper.jpg

Haven't played Reach on an HDTV for a while (college, yay), but I'm preeetty sure that's a bullshot as far as the models go.

Not gonna disagree that Reach looked fantastic already though. I'm expecting a much cleaner, clearer, and sharper image with Halo 4 though, what with native 720p and FXAA. And Halo 4's lighting is on a whole other level.

There's nothing that needs to be resolved. They care about each other a lot as good friends would, but that's about it.

If you don't think the Chief and Cortana have developed an emotional attachment beyond friendship over the course of the Halo games, that's fine. No point arguing further as, even though it is established lore, if you don't see anything there then there's nothing I can say to sway your opinion.

If you don't think the Chief and Cortana have developed an emotional attachment beyond friendship over the course of the Halo games, that's fine. No point arguing further, as even though it is established lore, if you don't see anything there then there's nothing I can say to sway your opinion.

What established lore? I have read every book and played every game many times over. It's not there. What you're describing is beyond John's character.

Besides, Frankie already said no romance is happening.

Top Bottom