• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Being a tester who gets caught leaking shit means your chances of advancement have stopped.

Unless your dad is Bobby Kotick or you are a once-in-a-lifetime game design genius who has sold Notch-style copies of your indie game, you're basically dead in the industry.

Poor guy ruined his career for something we would all see in a few weeks. :\

He ruined his career for something we already saw months ago but mistaken for a previous version, even.

Ono is falling on the sword for SFxT. I wonder if he even has access to next-gen systems anymore.

yoshinori_ono.jpg

This doesn't appear to be a man that has a care in the world.

Sagitario

And this is why Twitter and Facebook should have better locks on them.
People are far too willing to share everything about themselves.
It should ask you like 20 times "Do you really want to post this?" or something.

And people would still do it.
FB/Twitter/forums/etc. won't replace people's common sense [or lack of].

nordique

Being a tester who gets caught leaking shit means your chances of advancement have stopped.

Unless your dad is Bobby Kotick or you are a once-in-a-lifetime game design genius who has sold Notch-style copies of your indie game, you're basically dead in the industry.

Yeah, I feel sorry for him.

It must have eluded his mind, but he should have known. Hopefully he is let off easy, perhaps a warning? If he is fired outright, then that sucks.

I understand how important NDAs are, and the implications of breaking one, so I doubt this will go over well with the company (TT Games).

Speaking of Fusion Saga - am I the one who isn't hot on the whole thing (I'm going to be honest right off the bat - no, I don't like first-person Metroid)?

Also with the rumored details, doesn't it seem like it hardly needs to be both Star Fox and Metroid together? I mean, really, it looks like they're pretty separate for being in the same game.

MDX

Back on the wuc redesign...

While I think it now has more appeal to hardcore gamers, with sticks and grips, I think that this version will have less appeal to non gamers than the original design. It looks a lot more like a traditional controller while the slide-pad version looked like a consumer friendly version of an iPad.

Ok now wait a cotton picking minute!

Haven't you all considered that Nintendo might release different models for
different tastes?

Whats stopping them from bundling the WiiU and a DRC with the sliders, but selling
separately the one with the sticks?

Nintendo is going for your $$$

The real tragedy is sharing a picture of a videogame controller revision is grounds to get fired. Not saying I wouldn't do the same if I ran a hardware company, but sometimes this industry takes itself way too seriously with this stuff. NDA's for a lot of things is like threatening strangulation for leaking the newest Wheaties box art. :\

Yeah, I switched cuz the party is clearly at GAF now. I think I remember you too, you had a different avatar though.

Hey Capo, nice to see you at GAF.

Truth101

Banned
This is how I want online to be ><

Okay, I'll be more clear.

The Wii has

1) A system based friendcode
2) Software based friendcodes

The 3DS has
1) A system based friendcode

You are talking about the automated account creation of the 3DS/Wii. While I am talking about manual account creation like the PS3/360/Steam.

For example,

You boot up your new system.

1) Do you have an account? Y/N
2) Would you like to connect to the internet and create an account? Y/N
3) Your ID is ~random number
4)Create your Mii
5)Assign it's name (your display name)
6)Please enter the following information

E-mail address
Password
Birthday

Ect ...

7) Would you like to make this the master account? Y/N

Now you have created an account based around a numeric value. It makes the process more streamlined than on the 360/PS3

So whenever you want to log in to your account from your Wii U you would just select your Mii than type your password. When you add friends their Mii will be stored on your system too, so if they ever come over all they need to do is select their Mii and enter their password.
_
Now if you get a new Wii U or use someones you aren't friends with you could search for your Mii using your email address, add it then log-in.

Cramoss

Speaking of Fusion Saga - am I the one who isn't hot on the whole thing (I'm going to be honest right off the bat - no, I don't like first-person Metroid)?

Also with the rumored details, doesn't it seem like it hardly needs to be both Star Fox and Metroid together? I mean, really, it looks like they're pretty separate for being in the same game.

Not the only one. It could be cool if it's done right, though. We'll see.

Ok now wait a cotton picking minute!

Haven't you all considered that Nintendo might release different models for
different tastes?

Whats stopping them from bundling the WiiU and a DRC with the sliders, but selling
separately the one with the sticks?

Nintendo is going for your $$$

I doubt it.

I don't think people are pro-circle pad enough for Nintendo to care.

Linkhero1

Not sure if want

You know you want it ;)

I feel bad for him even if it was a dumb decision on his part.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I feel sorry too for the leaker. I don't think it entered his head that the Wii U was different. I hope he keeps his job.

That I can't get past. It's so unnintendo to be that careless. I believe there is another.

I don't think it's careless at all.
I think the controller redesign is simply not anything they care about.
I doubt we'll hear a single mention of it at E3, and they'll just pull it out like it's always been like that.

^ Same thing I was thinking when I saw BY2K's post a little while ago. The fact that we've known all this time without knowing all this time makes me laugh.

I think you missed the point of the response. :p

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Izick

Why would anyone not want to pick up a Wii U because it has sticks instead of circle pads? That's crazy talk.

Also, what I want in the Wii U online service: Xbox Live. I'm sure Nintendo could adapt and update a few things, but seriously, just copy MS on this one. XBL has everything down pat in my book.

I don't think it's careless at all.
I think the controller redesign is simply not anything they care about.
I doubt we'll hear a single mention of it at E3, and they'll just pull it out like it's always been like that.

Yeah, I agree BUT I want to get turned on again when in that accent, Iwata briefly explains each mechanism on the controller.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
The redesign is better in every possible way compared to the original.

FACT.

And yes, we had that megaton right under our nose months ago and we didn't even know it.

Really? You like that it is now an inch+ wider than the older model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom