• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my Binding of Issac. Don't even have a Switch yet, but since Nintendo games rarely drop in price its probably gonna be cheaper for me to get them day 1 with my prime discount. Plus the manual is glorious.

speiky

Any Gaffer in the GTA looking for a Switch? It's the grey one and it's used but in perfect condition. Not looking to make money just selling at cost.
The Switch comes with:
- Zelda Breath of the Wild SE (opened but complete)
- Pro Controller
- Breath of the Wild Collector's guide
- The entire old Zelda amiibo collection (only BotW one I have is the Guardian), including OoT Link, Two pack toon Link and Zelda Ect.

Kuro1812

Neo Member
For anyone who currently downtown, Vancouver. Just back from store after picking one up. The rep mentioned they got about 10 units in

joms5

Is there any word on if Nintendo is still making the NES Classic controllers?

I can't find them anywhere nor are they being updated on nowinstock.com.

Can you only buy the third party controllers now?

FrsDvl

Is there any word on if Nintendo is still making the NES Classic controllers?

I can't find them anywhere nor are they being updated on nowinstock.com.

Can you only buy the third party controllers now?

Just saw one today at bestbuy, so they're definitely still around

So No Switch Isaac for me today. All my siwtch game preorders show dates after release date delivery. So I asked a manager why is it that all my preordered PS4 games arrive on release day with no issue, but Switch titles don't. They didn't have an answer for me other then "we will look into it". The first Rep told me I would Have Isaac by tomorrow, Then the manager said by Tuesday. What a clusterfuck.

You bet your fucking ass I'm mad.
C7KW99PVAAAZmQj.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Another random question - can anyone recommend a USB hub for PS4? Not sure what I need in terms of hubs being able to carry a data connection (headset + hard drive + guitar hero stick).

daftstar

Oh wow. Glad I cancelled my Andromeda (and Persona 5) pre-order from Amazon now. Getting them for ~$35 from EB after that double value trade in promo and guaranteed day one was much more appealing.

Although this P5 steelbook cancellation hoopla is kinda worrisome, especially if it's from any outlet and not just Amazon.

Yup, sadly the same thing has happened to my copy as well. From what I've been able to determine is that Amazon never updated the shipping speed for Mass Effect once it got release day delivery. I'll need to talk to theie CS to see if they can determine why.
I was directed to make a new order with one day shipping, they waved the fee and will be issuing a 25$ refund to make up for the E3 promo that was on it. The new shipment says shipping the 20th arriving 21st.

Is Best Buy GCU available in Canada? What does it entail?

I've heard it come up a few times from people discussing Amazon's failings, and after getting Amazon Prime I've been nothing but disappointed, especially with pre-orders.

Gravity Rush 2 was shipped days after release, NieR: Automata was "left at the door" (with me inside) and needed to be reshipped because I never saw it, and now my Persona 5 Take Your Heart edition may not be sent at all. (Still fine, but would be the same issue as Gravity Rush 2 if it's stock based.)

Seriously unimpressed with Amazon & Prime. Definitely not the way to go if you want preorders on time.

Looks like the Switch is sold out in every store the could have it in Toronto for the next couple days. I planned in getting it sometime this weekend but it looks like it's not possible anymore. Oh well.

Cancelled my Mass Effect pre-order, cause it was also telling me it would be arriving March 28 WITH Prime shipping, so fuck that guess I'll get the PC version and skip class

But Persona 5 bois. The dream is still alive

VOlu7IT.png

MesH

Any gaffers in Edmonton looking to sell or knows where I can find a Switch Pro Controller. I can't find one anywhere, and the only ones on Kijiji are going for 120-130.

Metalgus

Banned
I don't know if this has been posted before, but Zelda : Twilight Princess HD with Wolf Link Amiibo is on clearance at The Source, going for $55.96. You gotta find a store that still carries it though as it's out of stock online. Got one today in Montreal.

Link : http://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gamin...a:-twilight-princess-hd-for-wii-u/p/108044534

Wolf Link Amiibo alone has a MSRP of $21.99 so this is a nice deal. Plus that Amiibo is compatible. with Breath of the Wild. Cheers

iphys

Any gaffers in Edmonton looking to sell or knows where I can find a Switch Pro Controller. I can't find one anywhere, and the only ones on Kijiji are going for 120-130.

Definitely don't buy a Pro controller from kijiji. Some of them have issues with the D-pad that will necessitate a store return, and I got the impression it was a common problem when the EB employee didn't even question me about mine being defective nor surprised that the one he found in stock at another store was a replacement reserved for another customer that needed a replacement. Honestly, I'd suggest waiting a bit before buying one in hopes Nintendo improves the quality on the D-pad.

BadHand

I'm thinking about cancelling my Mass Effect order with BB, given the bad first impressions. It's only $48.99 though. Decisions decisions...

Just checked mine and it's the same.

Fuck.

Debating cancelling now. I'm tired of giving amazon money to have to deal their bullshit. Horizon came late for me as well, it's just too common place now and not acceptable.

The CSR didn't offer any help at all for why it was set to arrive over a week later. I've had amazon orders miss delivery date, but this is a bit much.

Why cancel now? If they haven't shipped by Monday then you can complain.

My Zelda was scheduled to arrive a week late but they shipped the day before and arrived on time.

The CSR didn't offer any help at all for why it was set to arrive over a week later. I've had amazon orders miss delivery date, but this is a bit much.

Yeah I was told on horizon that it didnt ship on release day because I had chosen express shipping....

Not very express if it hasnt even left the facility when the games been released. In any case it ended up getting upgraded to priority after an amazon chat but still gets old :/

mdubs

Banned
If anyone is planning to go watch Your Name., tickets are on sale with Cineplex right now. Anime movies tend to sell out pretty fast (I nearly got burned on The Anthem of the Heart), so it usually makes sense to pre-buy if you are planning on going!

NYR

Looks like the Switch is sold out in every store the could have it in Toronto for the next couple days. I planned in getting it sometime this weekend but it looks like it's not possible anymore. Oh well.
Yeah, going to be weeks if not a month or two before you can walk into a store and get one, it's incredibly popular, Nintendo has a legitimate hit on their hands, they have a massive obligation now to ensure they deliver with games, both 1st party and 3rd because if they don't, it will be another Wii U, which had strong sales In its first quarter, then flatlined and collapsed quickly.

iphys

One of the reasons I took the chance on getting the Switch right away was the fear it would be sold out for months with Nintendo being so cautious on the quantities they produce of anything of late. Still, I'm also a bit surprised it seems to be selling so well in Canada despite the steep price.

If anyone is planning to go watch Your Name., tickets are on sale with Cineplex right now. Anime movies tend to sell out pretty fast (I nearly got burned on The Anthem of the Heart), so it usually makes sense to pre-buy if you are planning on going!

Thank you for posting this!! Looks like there's a subtitled one, and an english voice dub.

After missing out on shin godzilla, I appreciate the heads up on this! :)

mdubs

Banned
Thank you for posting this!! Looks like there's a subtitled one, and an english voice dub.

After missing out on shin godzilla, I appreciate the heads up on this! :)

Yeah, it's nice that most theatres are playing both the dub and the sub, so there's an option either way. I'm going for the dub myself because Radwimps redid a number of the songs in English so that should be a cool experience.

Yeah, it's nice that most theatres are playing both the dub and the sub, so there's an option either way. I'm going for the dub myself because Radwimps redid a number of the songs in English so that should be a cool experience.

Heh, same here for same reasons :) I wonder how early to get there given that it's not assigned seating, I'm used to the VIP Cinemas.

I hope Nintendo fixes the left joycon and dock by the time it's easily available later this year. I am kind of glad it's not available for me to buy on impulse :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom