• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Blasty

Fire Emblem is serious business...

Should I pair up Lon'qu with Cordelia or Lissa?

Should I pair up MU with Cordelia, Lissa, or Tharja?

During my first playthrough I didn't care about who married who (for good reason).

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Man, Id (Hope) is so godlike. Easily one of my favorite tracks in the amazing soundtrack.

YES. It's so damn good. My second favorite track in the whole game.

Fire Emblem is business...

Should I pair up Lon'qu with Cordelia or Lissa?

During my first playthrough I didn't care about who married who (for good reason).

Cordelia for MU is the OTP.

ohlawd

Man, Id (Hope) is so godlike. Easily one of my favorite tracks in the amazing soundtrack.

Thanks for the reminder. I keep forgetting to turn on combat animations when fighting against the boss.

Best song is MONSTROSITY. I literally listened to the entire extended version once. :O

EDIT: So it looks like it costs ~$45 to purchase every DLC map via the bundles?

When does that even play? Forgot.

About 50.

5 x 6.5 + 3 x 6.0 = 50.5

If you put in tax...

I get this game tomorrow. I'm completely new to the franchise (will not be using Classic first time around lol). Any recommendations or should I go into this blind?

*loved the demo

Chrom

Monstrosity plays in the very first cutscene and when you're fighting Validar.

Champions Pack was $4 for a while.

Kincaido

I get this game tomorrow. I'm completely new to the franchise (will not be using Classic first time around lol). Any recommendations or should I go into this blind?

*loved the demo

I think that everyone should just go in blind for their first time. Also, L+R+Start is your best friend if you choose to play on Classic. Use it whenever a unit falls in battle.

Neiteio

*loved the demo
I'm new to it, as well. I'm playing Casual Normal (so units come back to life, and basic difficulty). I'm having a BLAST.

In fact, I love it so much I'll probably buy all of the DLC... which costs more than the base game, lol.

Salsa

yeah man idk, I might just fuckin drop $40 and get this digitally like a chump

either that or wait till october (trip) for physical

im torn

ohlawd

Monstrosity plays in the very first cutscene and when you're fighting Validar.

Champions Pack was $4 for a while.

Been so long... how you remember that? :eek:

Glad I saved 2 bucks... I still paid 54 total >_>

im torn

Nah, get it now.

Doesn't that waste one GF child though?

No. But for a FeMU, you should definitely pass Galeforce.

Kenai

Depends on what you'd like Morgan's final class to be. Look for Tharja for MAG/DEF and Cordelia for STR/SKI. Tharja will always be my fav but Cordy's no slouch. Lissa's support convos bored me to tears (I seriously can't remember them to explain why).

ohlawd

I've been skipping cutscenes since forever. You can't blame me for forgetting! I play with combat animations off too and skip all actions.

It wastes a galeforce as one of Noire/Kjelle/Nowi won't be able to get it; by that point I don't care not every kid needs it.

Oh, I see. That's very true. And yeah, I'm not crazy about Galeforce myself.

Here's my unit evaluation survey for FE:A.

Can this unit get Galeforce? If yes, keep in team
If not, bench.

And Draxal's right. MU x Cordelia does waste a GF but not everyone needs it or even has a use for it. Draxy, I don't care what you say, Nah has nooooooo use for Galeforce whatsoever :p

im torn

I ended up getting it digitally because I couldn't wait for a physical copy.

It really sucks because I love my physical copies.

I guess the only way I'll buy it again is if I lose my 3DS.

If you have stuff to occupy yourself in the meantime then I would hold off until you can get a physical copy.

Draxal

I've been skipping cutscenes since forever. You can't blame me for forgetting! I play with combat animations off too and skip all actions.

Here's my unit evaluation survey for FE:A.

Can this unit get Galeforce? If yes, keep in team
If not, bench.

And Draxal's right. MU x Cordelia does waste a GF but not everyone needs it or even has a use for it. Draxy, I don't care what you say, Nah has nooooooo use for Galeforce whatsoever :p

Oh she gets it because Donnel/Nowi is the only Nowi relationship I can tolerate. She's on the bench still for me. I just use a core 12 man team with Chrom/Sumia; MU/Cord; Morgan/Gerome; Owain/Severa; Lucina/Inigo; Cynthia/Brady; with Noire/Laurent and Lissa/Maribelle ready to go for tSON with a couple of support bots.

ohlawd

Kjelle and Nah don't really need it. They're better as tanks anyways.

Eh, don't like those defenses on my Kjelle even with Vaike as the dad.

The skillset is sick though.

I can have these as a General

Pavise
Aegis
Sol
Armsthrift
Limit Breaker

Oh she gets it because Donnel/Nowi is the only Nowi relationship I can tolerate.

Your feelings are clouding your judgment, Draxy.

Busaiku

Just 7 more to go...
Still, I don't know if I wanna waste the stat items to max the Magic of the people who don't need it and Lissa's Defense, or if I should pump some of the other characters, just in case.

ohlawd

But the story is amazing. :(

Them feels between Chrom and
Lucina.

I've finished the game a buncha times since release. I can't watch these cutscenes anymore.

Never said my team was optimal, I'm running a Warmonk Vaike/Brady and you can't stop me.

Get busy dyin'!

My team ain't optimal either. Noire on my other file doesn't have Galeforce. I paired up Gaius with Sumia and other stuff.

Kincaido

Eh, don't like those defenses on my Kjelle even with Vaike as the dad.

The skillset is sick though.

I can have these as a General

Pavise
Aegis
Sol
Armsthrift
Limit Breaker

Your feelings are clouding your judgment, Draxy.

60 Def isn't good enough for you? :x

That skillset is nice though.

Busaiku

Are you only allowed a set number of forged weapons?
Cause I was gonna grind The Golden Gaffe after getting everyone maxed.

ohlawd

How many enemies are in that anyway?

Apparently it's 5 stages but how many in each?

Are you only allowed a set number of forged weapons?
Cause I was gonna grind The Golden Gaffe after getting everyone maxed.

I think it's 50 forges.

Blew my mind that there was a limit in the first place.

Kincaido

You can have all equips be forged weapons if you want.

Edit: Oh, you meant total. Yeah I think the limit is 50.

ohlawd

I stopped doing Infinite Regalia the second I got my fourth Gradivus.

You probably have 99 of every other crappy weapon from that map >_>

A few weeks late, but oh man, that hot springs DLC map.

So awesome.

I am amused that they actually dyed his hair so they don't have to make a bunch of CGs.

And he got sparkles. Take that beach DLC.

ohlawd

Try to create some Spotpass characters with Galeforce and Locktouch. Limit Breaker on them to improve survivability. I had two pairs; one in the middle for boss killing while the other abused Galeforce to get to the 1st chest in two turns. Should be done the map in four turns total.

You can bring 3rd pair if you want for the other side.

Those Skill-equip weapons are mad dumb. For kicks and giggles, I gave one to Severa. It seems skill priority still kicks in since I never managed to get Luna to trigger because she had Sol on.

Kincaido

Yeah, I tried it on Cordelia and Sol always activates. Same thing when I equip the Astra bow. It only activated like two times out of like one hundred times I used it.

Edit: It just activated twice in a row...

Jintor

I... find Kjelle's knight armor strangely erotic. Including those huge shoulder plates.

image.php

It's so weird that NoE would censor dialogue but not Tharja's CG, and that NoA would leave the dialogue as is and alter the CG. Why do either?

Soooooooooo strange.

Top Bottom