• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Takuya

Banned
Is it really possible to play "UIless" like in the screenshots? Would love to have a less clutered MMO like that. Or at least make the UI as basic as possible?

Also, can a controler replace (somehow) all main shortcuts for every command? Is it functional for UI navigation, button prompts, etc, or just good for battles?

You can, just get everything set up the way you want (key bindings etc.) and then go into UI-less mode (CTRL+Z). However,sucks when you're dungeoning.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TERA_ScreenShot_20120502_224746.png

TERA_ScreenShot_20120502_225422.png

I fucking love this armor :D Gives me a Bayonetta vibe

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is there any place I can buy mounts?

Kind of bored of this horse.

mileS

anyone else getting random DC's tonight? Me and another guy in a group for BoL kept going offline at the same time.

Haly

anyone else getting random DC's tonight? Me and another guy in a group for BoL kept going offline at the same time.
This guy in my group is getting DC'ed a few times.

mileS

I was worried it was my ISP acting up. It's clearly an issue on their end. People in LFG channel are talking about it as well.

Arksy

Really? It's the most intricate and detailed horse I've ever seen in a video game. The lion is also just..sublime.

T.O.P

Banned
yay for once that i decided to save some money :x

Fuck you awesome thread wth awesome screenshots :x

Gonna be back online by tomorrow :D CE in download :D

Gvaz

Banned
so what's the point of helping people in this game? same quests with non-party players does not combine and go twards quest completion. this is a huge fail in my opinion.

i've had people literally standing still until i finished a mob off, and they would wait for it to respawn. in GW2 you can come in, help kill a mob, and it would go towards your quest completion.

i must say the animations in this game are awesome though

Mobs are not "tagged" in this game, so people can literally killsteal (thanks korea). Wow has mob kill completion for some creatures but not all. Also joining a group while currently in combat with a mob results in no quest completion for anyone. It's stupid and buggy.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Mobs are not "tagged" in this game, so people can literally killsteal (thanks korea).

False! Mobs are tagged, but you or your party need to do at least 50% damage to the mob to get credit. If someone else does more damage than your group to the mob after you tag it. No one gets the credit.

False! Mobs are tagged, but you or your party need to do at least 50% damage to the mob to get credit. If someone else does more damage than your group to the mob after you tag it. No one gets the credit.

Which was confusing as hell when doing the first kill named quest in Arun Heights on Island of Dawn. I sat there for way too long wondering why I was tagging it but not getting credit.

T.O.P

Banned
Who's up for partying tomorrow night and the weekend? i jumped over the open beta and the first part is boring as fuck in single :x

EU btw

Sephon

Who's up for partying tomorrow night and the weekend? i jumped over the open beta and the first part is boring as fuck in single :x

EU btw

I might be up for that, but it depends on which server I'll play and what server you'll be on. I'll decide my server tonight

Haly

I tried leveling a male high elf lancer alt.

It just doesn't work, I can't do it.

I need dat ass.

syoaran

There are some EU gaffers in Essenia.

With the absence of a EU GAF guild, I just joined Supreme Society (Singapore based guild). It was a mess the first few days but the guild has somewhat calmed down. Sadly no replacement for a decent guild with, well, adults.

Gvaz

Banned
I've done 95% damage to a monster, and someone else hits it for the last 5% and I get nothing.

It's also pretty buggy in that if you're attacking a mob, then you invite more people while in combat, it doesn't count for anyone and you have to do it over.

2San

With the absence of a EU GAF guild, I just joined Supreme Society (Singapore based guild). It was a mess the first few days but the guild has somewhat calmed down. Sadly no replacement for a decent guild with, well, adults.
The 30 man guild I'm in(Redgaurd), won the war with your guild. It's really not a good idea to declare war on a small guild. :D You could join us I guess, but as said before we aren't really a huge a guild most of us are 18+ and we use mumble to communicate. English speaking.

Orgun

The 30 man guild I'm in(Redgaurd), won the war with your guild. It's really not a good idea to declare war on a small guild. :D

Wait, there's Guild v Guild in TERA? I must have missed that in the beta lol
Is there anything like sieges ala Dark Age of Camelot?

syoaran

The 30 man guild I'm in(Redgaurd), won the war with your guild. It's really not a good idea to declare war on a small guild. :D You could join us I guess, but as said before we aren't really a huge a guild most of us are 18+ and we use mumble to communicate. English speaking.

V.Tempted to take you up on that offer. I'd rather have a smaller guild that is more friendly than a larger guild that just declares wars on everything that moves. Their GM is a nice guy, but the guild is just so disorganized.

2San

Wait, there's Guild v Guild in TERA? I must have missed that in the beta lol
Is there anything like sieges ala Dark Age of Camelot?
It's pretty much 24h open world pvp and who can farm the most point. It does involve lowbie ganking and stuff like that.

T.O.P

Banned
No Tera for me tonight, fuck why i uninstalled everything :x

Btw would love to join a small guild, i've always choosed PVE, PVP is the same just that u can engage opponents everytime you want right?

As a side note, for Archers to do the maximum damage they can, you should be within 6m of the boss, since damage is scaled the farther you are, at certain thresholds. That's pretty damn close. So you shouldn't be sitting at 18m the entire fight. Well, you certainly can, but you can also certainly do better. I guarantee you that at 6m, you will definitely be moving around a bit more.

For the other ranged damage class:

Sorcerer's ideal range is 10m to 12m out due to spell travel times and the way the targeting of certain spells (Fireblast is a big one!) work.

Also, you can't judge Sorcerer by n00b island. When starting you use Fireball a lot because you don't have any other spells, but once you reach a certain point you never really push Fireball again.

Slacker

No Tera for me tonight, fuck why i uninstalled everything :x

Btw would love to join a small guild, i've always choosed PVE, PVP is the same just that u can engage opponents everytime you want right?

Yep pretty much. Once you get off Noob Island you can kill or be killed anywhere outside of the "safe zone" cities around the world. You will get one-shot ganked on occasion, but I prefer the extra danger over the PvE setup.

If you go PvP roll with us on Valley of Titans - we have a small but steady guild going there. Of course, they may not be allowing new characters on VoT...

Got some images posted up this morning

http://minus.com/mxYOhnfGP/
http://minus.com/mlsgp3hc8/
http://minus.com/mRlJKmqTc

During our CR run last night. it was very enjoyable. was laughing at the scorpion chase lol.

Is it really possible to play "UIless" like in the screenshots? Would love to have a less clutered MMO like that. Or at least make the UI as basic as possible?

Also, can a controler replace (somehow) all main shortcuts for every command? Is it functional for UI navigation, button prompts, etc, or just good for battles?

i can play UI less since it's just remembering which skills are where. but it's easy once you know how to place it. i could play without it. The only thing I won't be able to see are the Chat unless it pops up on top of their head and i won't see when they roll loot. other than it's very doable.

arimanius

I'm having such a hard time finding a class I really like. Got a warrior to 21, an archer to 18, and just started a sorc. I think the problem is the classes don't really come into their own until mid level and it's hard to judge how well they will be.

Was killing lvl 51 regular monsters as a lvl 48 and a lvl 50 enigmatic golden wand dropped. Didn't see any for sale on the broker so I put it up for sale for 450 g. Now when I returned it was sold, I wonder if I got a good or bad deal, haha.

I think you made out like a bandit. I got an enchantable gold warrior sword drop but only sold it for 30 gold. I also got a fantastic enchantable gold Axe with 3% damage to other players and +8% attack speed which was selling around the 200G mark, and a pair of enchantable gold boots (Gladiator Boots or something..) that were also selling for a good bit. I'm using those on my character. I haven't seen any enigmatic weapons yet but I don't think they start dropping until the 50s...

so what's the point of helping people in this game? same quests with non-party players does not combine and go twards quest completion. this is a huge fail in my opinion.

i've had people literally standing still until i finished a mob off, and they would wait for it to respawn. in GW2 you can come in, help kill a mob, and it would go towards your quest completion.

i must say the animations in this game are awesome though

Besides the social experience, grouping with other players is a great way to blow through zone quests and collect tons of XP. Also, as you get higher in level, the amount of BAM quests in zones increases significantly. Though these can be done solo and in small groups of skilled players, grouping is much faster. Grouping on a PVP server has its own set of benefits such as watching each other's backs, cooperating to take down outlaws, opposing guilds, etc.

As for the "kill stealing" and/or "assisting" by non-party members:

This. Sometimes it depends on if the mob has "minions" or not and sometimes it doesn't give credit to anyone. I'm not really fond of this feature but I guess it helps prevent some of the mob camping that you see in other MMOs.

Knuckleruckamus

Neo Member
I recall hearing about some bug where the 30-day free pass + any subscriptions signed up for don't go into effect (e.g. you have 0 days left in your account). Looks like that happened to me and my account expired after spending last night and this morning boosting myself up to Lvl12.

Questions:

1) What do to about this? I had thought Tera identified accounts already

2) Did I just lose my progress? Going to be quite bummed if so.

I recall hearing about some bug where the 30-day free pass + any subscriptions signed up for don't go into effect (e.g. you have 0 days left in your account). Looks like that happened to me and my account expired after spending last night and this morning boosting myself up to Lvl12.

Questions:

1) What do to about this? I had thought Tera identified accounts already

2) Did I just lose my progress? Going to be quite bummed if so.

You will not lose your progress and you can continue to play. They have identified the accounts having this problem and are currently working in the background to resolve the issue. Once they announce that the issue has been resolved, if you're subscription information is still incorrect, I would go ahead and submit a support ticket. They haven't confirmed any fixes yet though.

Knuckleruckamus

Neo Member
You will not lose your progress and you can continue to play. They have identified the accounts having this problem and are currently working in the background to resolve the issue. Once they announce that the issue has been resolved, if you're subscription information is still incorrect, I would go ahead and submit a support ticket. They haven't confirmed any fixes yet though.

Thanks, good to know I won't lose progress. Still can't login via the launcher at all though, so I submitted a ticket. Took a few days off to play this this week so... kinda lame.

Top Bottom