• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

So... I'm thinking with how great this game is and the improvements to the pc version... this could possible be the best dungeon hack n slash game on consoles ever....O_O

V_Arnold

So... I'm thinking with how great this game is and the improvements to the pc version... this could possible be the best dungeon hack n slash game on consoles ever....O_O

Yes, it most definitely is. No two ways around it. Vastly superior to anything else in the market (PC or consoles, imho). Runic should not even think about porting TL2 now, imho, it is pointless. That is a fight that they would not win.

Yes, it most definitely is. No two ways around it. Vastly superior to anything else in the market (PC or consoles, imho). Runic should not even think about porting TL2 now, imho, it is pointless. That is a fight that they would not win.

Some of my favorites were Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 1 and 2 (still have a xbox copy of 2) and enjoyed Champions of Norrath, but damnnnn Diablo 3.... DAMN!

ironcreed

Banned

That is what I like to hear. I was a huge fan of Champions of Norrath back on PS2 and I have been waiting for something to top it ever since. Games like Sacred 2 simply did not cut it. It's nice to finally have what is widely regarded as the king of these games back on consoles.

That is what I like to hear. I was a huge fan of Champions of Norrath back on PS2 and I have been waiting for something to top it ever since. Games like Sacred 2 simply did not cut it. It's nice to finally have what is widely regarded as the king of these games back on consoles.

It just does so much right. It's a smooth experience, the improvements, sure there is a few dips in framerate and screen tearing on random occasion, but damn call me impressed blown away by how fun and different the tweaks are on the console versions to make this game shine even more.

Daigoro

oh yeah, plenty of tearing going on here. feel bad for the folks that got this on PS3 if its worse there. yikes.

wish they locked this at 30fps and cranked up the v-sync. didnt realize it was going to be so bad.

seems fun so far though. rolling through breakable stuff is awesome. heh.

ironcreed

Banned
It just does so much right. It's a smooth experience, the improvements, sure there is a few dips in framerate and screen tearing on random occasion, but damn call me impressed.

Things like minor dips and tearing here and there do not even faze me, provided the game on the whole is great. I'll be fine.

KaYotiX

Banned
Diablo 3 for PC = Piece of Shit!
Diablo 3 for consoles = Holy grail of gaming!

What changed? Is the game really THAT good?

D3 on PC is still good and once the loot 2.0 system comes to PC it will be god tier again.

Console version is great because of the loot system is already in place on it.

Wallach

A handful of the most severe issues that hurt the game are completely different or gone in this version. There is a foundation of gameplay buried under the garbage in Diablo 3 that is really solid.

ObiDin

Played a bunch on the 360 yesterday and I have to say that the drops have been good but definitely not overly good. The game seems to drop rares regularly on medium and I got 2 legendaries when I hit level 13 with my Barb within 5 minutes of each other in the same dungeon (watchtower), one from an elite and one from a treasure goblin.

I've probably died 4-5 times, 2 on the spider queen alone. But what seems to be killing me is the low gold I seem to always have and the 500 gold price of potions.

Oh and damn those withermoths, damn them straight to hell.

Karak

A handful of the most severe issues that hurt the game are completely different or gone in this version. There is a foundation of gameplay buried under the garbage in Diablo 3 that is really solid.

Digital cocaine:)
Played a bunch on the 360 yesterday and I have to say that the drops have been good but definitely not overly good. The game seems to drop rares regularly on medium and I got 2 legendaries when I hit level 13 with my Barb within 5 minutes of each other in the same dungeon (watchtower), one from an elite and one from a treasure goblin.

Oh and damn those withermoths, damn them straight to hell.
Man I hear you about the low gold at the starting.

DSmalls84

Itemization mainly. If you played DIII on PC at launch it was almost impossible to get gear that would let you finish Inferno. Over time they have improved it but the drop rates for Legendary gear are still pretty low, and most of the time they are garbage you don't need.

Karak

Honestly I wanted my entire review to have a PIP of me rolling through stuff. I don't know why but I found it hilarious and when in graveyards I just smashed everything. Backflipping and rolling through shit. Sorry about your tombstone grandpa boom!

Nightmare skeleton king done. This shit is addicting but it's 2:40am and I need to head to bed :( oh well. First session:

Level 34 barbarian - nightmare (hard)
2633 damage
1611 armor
5100 health
12 legendaries

gg

That is kind of ridiculous in my opinion. You are not even in Hell yet and have gotten 12 legendaries?

Is anybody having sound problems with the 360 version? It's practically all bass, and we can't hear the voice work. It comes through every channel but the center. We're doing local co-op.

So far I'm a bit disapointed. It's not as responsive as I expected, and I'm wondering why each character can't go into their inventory screen without disrupting the flow of the game. If my wife goes to her equip screen I'm just waiting there. Very annoying.

Anybody else having these issues? On the couch co-op is a bit of a drag because of the inventory stuff, and the loot. We basically have to stop every 15 minutes or so and sort what someone accidentally picked up. And then the inventory screen takes up EVERYTHING so I can't sort my inventory while my wife sorts hers.

oktarb

Hmm... maybe the loot system is too good...
Dropped the same legendary I already had. Sad thing is it's an improvement.

If this is anything like the PC version you'll see Legendaries with the same naming scheme but different stats. Legendaries did not follow a random name generator so you could feasible see 'The Hammer of Uniqueness" drop ten times...with slightly different stats.

Dahbomb

Most people who played D3 on PC never played D3 again 1 week after launch. Since then there have been numerous patch changes on the PC to make it better but a lot of people never got to experience it.

But beyond that the console version does fix a bunch of core issues with the PC version like removing Auction House, having an offline mode and having way, way better loot dropping for your class. The core game play of the game has always been fun and exciting it's the other stuff that it lacked in.

Loginius

I really like the game on consoles, things that bug me are:

-Framerate, whoever said it was "ok" was lying, its all over the place if you have many enemys on screen at once (x360) it is playable but by no means is it "60fps" or even stable 30...
-too many legendarys, itemisation and loot is better than in the pc version, still there are just a tiny bit too many legendarys droping imo. End of Act 2 and I found 7 Legendarys.

I really hope for a ps4/xbone version without the fps issues and the final loot2.0 with reaper of souls, would bite a third time then.

I really like the game on consoles, things that bug me are:

-Framerate, whoever said it was "ok" was lying, its all over the place if you have many enemys on screen at once (x360) it is playable but by no means is it "60fps" or even stable 30...
-too many legendarys, itemisation and loot is better than in the pc version, still there are just a tiny bit too many legendarys droping imo. End of Act 2 and I found 7 Legendarys.

I really hope for a ps4/xbone version without the fps issues and the final loot2.0 with reaper of souls, would bite a third time then.

i get this tomorrow and im fine with this! if i get better gear ill play a harder difficulty level - its not competitive so it really doesnt bother me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Time to continue!! Finally!!!

SeanR1221

Very tempted to pick this up for 360. Any word on the XB1 release? I probably won't have a xb1 until Titanfall comes out anyway so maybe I should just grab this now, especially since its 45.00 at toys r us.

So is match-making on the 360 messed up? I've been playing a public match for a few hours now and no one has joined as of yet. Then whenever I try to join a game, I'm only finding lobbies with just one other person.

It's still a very enjoyable game played solo, but I feel it'll be even better in co-op.

Number45

Man, hard is hard. Getting terrible drops on my barbarian, so almost every encounter is troublesome. Might switch the difficulty down, the loot honestly can't get any worse!

antitrop

I think the expansion is suppose to do that, right?
My post was in jest, but I would hope that all of the features that make the console version superior to the PC will be carried over to the PC when that is released.

Otherwise I'm not even buying that expansion, despite loving Diablo III.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
My post was in jest, but I would hope that all of the features that make the console version superior to the PC will be carried over to the PC when that is released.

Otherwise I'm not even buying that expansion, despite loving Diablo III.

Pre-expansion patch with all that and more, according to Blizz. Expansion itself won't be released simultaneously for PC and consoles, though, so consoles will have to wait for that as well.

Dahbomb

Well the PC version can have all the console stuff except for no AH... that would need a separate Ladder exclusively for a non AH version. Blizzard probably makes too much money off of the RMAH to let it go completely.

antitrop

Well the PC version can have all the console stuff except for no AH... that would need a separate Ladder exclusively for a non AH version. Blizzard probably makes too much money off of the RMAH to let it go completely.

I don't care what they do with the RMAH as long as they fix the drop rates, ya know?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Yeah and I'm sure they're aware that people will buy items with real money with or without RMAH, even on console or no-AH ladder, so they might as well get a cut (if players aren't duping/hacking the items freely without battle.net service in place; apparently this is already an issue). I remember Ebay being REALLY popular with D2 items back in the day.

Just got it last night on 360. The graphical downgrades that had to be made for these ancient consoles are stunning. Will definitely be looking forward to the PS4 version.

xray49er

Man I had this game on my computer desk since yesterday. Ofcourse that was the day my 4 year old decided he needed all my attention and did not want to go to bed. will try to give it a go tonight

Just got it last night on 360. The graphical downgrades that had to be made for these ancient consoles are stunning. Will definitely be looking forward to the PS4 version.

What graphical downgrades? You mean the resolution only, right? Because the DF analysis mentioned that everything else is on 'High' settings.

Eojay

Neo Member
Take a picture. I want to see the effect.

Here's a screenshot.

6GdNlcc.jpg

Damaniel

Banned
oh yeah, plenty of tearing going on here. feel bad for the folks that got this on PS3 if its worse there. yikes.

wish they locked this at 30fps and cranked up the v-sync. didnt realize it was going to be so bad.

I must be blind. I know that there's supposed to be lots of tearing, but I'm not noticing any (I'm playing it on PS3). Of course, the action is frantic enough most of the time that my brain is probably completely tuning out the graphical issues and concentrating on bashing stuff.

I do see the occasional hiccup, where everything seems to freeze for a small fraction of a second. I get one maybe once every 15-20 minutes, usually when a legendary or pack monster shows up on the screen. It's only mildly annoying, but it happens.

Damaniel

Banned
What graphical downgrades? You mean the resolution only, right? Because the DF analysis mentioned that everything else is on 'High' settings.

As somebody who spent most of their time playing Diablo 3 on a PC at 1440p resolution, I found the massive reduction in resolution on consoles a little jarring at first. However, it doesn't affect the playability of the game at all, and I got used to it after about an hour. The lack of auction house, better loot system and controller go a long way toward making up for the graphical shortfalls. The PS4 version, of course, should pretty much be on parity with the PC version when it comes out, and I'll probably triple dip.

Top Bottom