• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 | Welcome Home, Space Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

ibc9eSFkO1fSX2%20%281%29.png

Disclaimer: Shit has gotten real.

*Credit goes to Moonspeak for the awesome banner. Thx again.

AnimeGAF IRC channel: irc://irc.rizon.net/#AnimeGAF

----
k3Dzd.jpg

------------------------------------------
Sakamichi no Apollon

Director: Shinichiro Watanabe
Studio: MAPPA
Air Date: 4/12/2012
Site: http://www.noitamina-apollon.com/
Stream: No word to this yet, but I wouldn't doubt it.

main (referred to as ‘M’ from here on out):
mangareader said:
Nishimi Kaoru has moved from city to city and school to school because of his father’s job. So the first day at his new school was just routine for him. Being intellectual and the new transfer student, he has always been seen as an outcast and all Kaoru had to do was bare it until the next time he moved. But things were slightly different this time. First, he started to get close to the class president, Mukae Ritsuko, and, secondly, unlikely as it seemed, grew closer to Kawabuchi Sentaro. Sentaro was infamous for getting into fights, skipping class and was an overall bad boy. Strangely enough, the three of them find common ground in music, namely jazz, and Kaoru finds himself actually enjoying the new town.

My take (referred to as ‘MT’ from here on out):
I am not worthy.

----

Desktop.jpg

Korra no Densetsu

Director(s): Michael Dante DiMartino & Bryan Konietzko (listed as creators with any further details unclear)
Studio: Studio Mir/Nickelodean Animation Studios
Air Date: 4/14/2012
Site: Korranation.tumblr.com
Stream: There was, but there's no telling if they'll continue streaming.

M:
wiki said:
Set seventy years after the defeat of Phoenix King Ozai and Princess Azula in the four-part finale of the original show, creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko[9]follows Korra as she learns Airbending, having mastered the other three elements, while facing an anti-bender revolution by a group known as the Equalists

MT:
If by some horrible, and improbable turn of events Apollon isn’t able to cleanse my sins just by watching it, this will be show of the season, I have no doubts in my mind. Only two eps in and it’s already best written/produced animation that I’ve seen in a long while.
----
P1zXc.jpg

-----------------------------------------------
Lupin the Third: The Woman named Fujiko Mine

Director: Saya Yamamoto (Michiko to Hatchin)
Studio: TMS Entertainment
Air Date: 4/1/2012
Site: http://lupin-3rd.net/
Stream: No word.

M:
ANN said:
Sayo Yamamoto (Michiko to Hatchin) will direct the 13 episode series, making her the first female director on the Lupin III series. Redline director Takeshi Koike will serve as animation director and character designer, andAnoHana's Mari Okada will handle the series composition. Kanichi Kuritawill play Lupin, Kiyoshi Kobayashi will play Daisuke Jigen, Daisuke Namikawa will play Goemon Ishikawa, Miyuki Sawashiro will play Fujiko Mine, and Kouichi Yamadera will play Inspector Zenigata.

The series revolves around the character of Fujiko Mine, depicting her and the rest of the Lupin III cast during their younger days. The series will reportedly capture the "sensuality" present in Monkey Punch's original Lupin III manga in its "daring interpretation" of the franchise.

MT:
KoikeLupin. It’ll be stylish as hell, if nothing else. I’ll definitely give it a few eps, but don’t know if I’ll watch the whole thing, admittedly.
----
tsuri.png

----------------------------
Tsuritama

Director: Kenji Nakamura
Studio: A-1 Pictures
Site: http://www.tsuritama.com/

M:
ANN said:
The SF (seishun/adolescent fishing) story is set on the island of Enoshima in the Shōnan area south of Tokyo, and it follows four idiosyncratic youths: the one-quarter French, uncommunicative high school student Yuki (Ryota Ohsaka), the fishing enthusiast and self-proclaimed alien Haru (Miyu Irino), the island native Natsuki (Kouki Uchiyama), and the mysterious Indian Akira (Tomokazu Sugita) with his constant duck companion Tapioca.

MT:
I’m still feeling the pains, and can still even see the stains left by the knife that was [C], but, you know, this might be the tool needed to rid myself of them for good; the little kick needed to relegate that shit to the realm of DTB II. But, if anything, it has Sugita, and does fit the theme of the season in being completely BRO. Will watch.
------
OZMA.jpg

---------------
Ozma

Director: Takahiro Ikezoe
Studio: LandQ Studios
Air Date: 3/16/2012
Site: http://ozuma.jp/
Stream: Crunchyroll.

M::
crunchyroll said:
OZMA – the show unfolds on an arid and devastated future Earth, and involves the mysterious, giant and moving ‘“OZMA.’” An epic space opera that entwines exciting sci-fi action and a suspenseful story, anime godfather Leiji Matsumoto tackles the ultimate questions of life and existence.

MT:
There’s a desert. There’s future-bikes. There’s future-bugs. There’s bad, old, art. There’s even worse writing. I’m hoping there’s Yuri, but I’m not watching anymore to find out if it comes. Somebody hit me up if it does.
----
1018145.jpg

--------------------------------
Saint Seya Omega

Director: Morio Hatano
Studio: Toei Animation
Air date: 4/1/2012
Site: http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/seiya/

M:
Wiki said:
is an upcoming anime series produced by Toei Animation. It is a spin-off inspired by the classic manga series Saint Seiya, which was created, written and illustrated by Japanese author Masami Kurumada.[1].The series is scheduled to begin airing on TV Asahi on April 1, 2012. It will be directed by Morio Hatano (his directorial debut), with animation character designs by illustrator and animator Yoshihiko Umakoshi, known for performing the same duties on Street Fighter Alpha: The Animation and Casshern Sins.

The storyline of Omega takes place in the future era, 25 years after the Holy Wars of the 20th century narrated in the original manga and its anime adaptation. The goddess Athena is still on Earth after reincarnating to cleanse it of the agent of evil as she has done during millennia, accompanied by her Saints, fulfilling her duty of protecting peace on Earth, after her victories over antagonistic deities. Athena and a new generation of Saints prepare to face a new menace that lurks in this new era, in which Pegasus Seiya, the protagonist of Kurumada's manga, is revered as a Saint of legend.

MT:
Go Go Mahou Shonen. Sure, I’ll watch it for the space hair, but will probably have had my fill of that, the glitter, and the overly skinny dudes that don’t sweat duking it out by ep 4. I’m not that much of a sakuga ho, you know? fo sho.
-----
20111219_kyoudai01.jpg

-----------------------------------------

Uchuu Kyoudai (SPACE BROS)

Director: Ayumu Watanabe
Studio: A-1 Pictures
Site: http://uchukyodai.com/

M:
mangaupdates said:
One night in 2006, when they were young, the two brothers Mutta (born 1993) and Hibito (born 1996) saw what appeared to be a UFO heading for the moon. They decided that night to both become astronauts and travel out into space.

In 2025, Hibito has become an astronaut, and he's going to go to the moon. Mutta ended up following a more traditional career path with an auto development company. However, Mutta just ruined his career through a violent altercation with his boss. Now, not only has he lost his job, he appears to be blacklisted in the entire industry. Maybe this is a rare opportunity for Mutta to once again chase his childhood dream and become an astronaut like his little brother!

MT:
I can’t make the jokes I want to in this, lest I not come politically correct. So I’ll just say: bros in space. Whoop Whoop. This show rings me of something incredibly safe, maybe even to the point of being dull, but I’ll definitely give it a few episodes to see just how fucking BRO it gets.
----
koiken.jpg

---------------
Koi-Ken!

Director: Kamisiro
Studio: Marvy Jack (Spicy Wolf II)
Air Date: 3/1/2012
Site: http://koiken-anime.jp/
Stream: IDK. I didn’t even care to look. 

M:
some forum said:
Koi-ken! is Vector's social network bishoujo game first released in January 2010 on mobile phones. There are three million users. Players communicate with cute girls in "Romance Research Club" of a high school.

MT:
Animu-that-makes-me-question-what-the-fuck-went-wrong-in-life-to-have-myself watching-the-adaptation-of-what-sounds-like-the-cellular-phone-version-of-Love Plus, ahoy! I told myself that I wouldn’t be doing this shit anymore, so this isn’t something that I’ll be giving an ep, but! If you can watch it without contemplating suicide, much power to you, brother’s and sisters.
----
172938.jpg

--------------------
Hiiro no Kakera

Director: Bob Shirohata
Studio: Studio DEEN
Site: http://www.ytv.co.jp/hiiro/
Stream: No, it’s streaming on Crunchyroll.

M:
crunchyroll said:
The original game centered around Tamaki Kasuga, a 17-year-old high school girl. When her parents have to go overseas for work, Tamaki moves to her mother's hometown in the mountains with her grandmother. On the day that Tamaki arrives at the village, she encounters strange creatures, only to be saved by a mysterious boy. The boy, Takuma Onizaki, is the first of five Guardians of the Tamayohime that Tamaki meets.

MT:
It’s an otome adaptation from DEEN; Great if you’re REALLY itching for some bishie-candy, otherwise I see no point in torturing yourself. Unless, you like it that kinky. Freak.
----
zetmanwall001.jpg

------------------------
Zetman

Director: Osamu Nabeshima
Studio: TMS Entertainment
Air Date: 4/2/2012
Site: http://zetman.jp/index.html
Stream: Hulu

M:
wiki said:
The story starts off with a face-off between two rival heroes, ZET and Alphasz, and then traces their origins - Jin Kanzaki, a young man with the ability to transform into a superhuman being known as ZET, and Kouga Amagi, a young man with a strong sense of justice who uses technology to fight as Alphasz.
The fates of these two men and those around them intertwine as they fight to protect mankind and destroy monstrous abominations known as Players, who ironically are the creations of the Amagi Corporation, the company founded by Kouga's grandfather, Mitsugai Amagi

MT:
Should be a ride for the shounenbros. I’m not too familiar with the manga, myself, but I will give it a few eps.

img002ao.jpg

--------------------------------
Jormungand

Director: Keitaro Motonaga
Studio: White Fox
Air Date: 4/10/2012
Site: http://www.jormungand.tv/
Stream: No Word, but I wouldn’t think so.

M:
mangaupdates said:
revolves around an underground weapon seller and her accomplices. The story starts when they add a new member to her team, a quiet young and strange boy. He hates weapons. An intense action-packed series with bullets, knives, words, and blood flying everywhere!

MT:
Bullets, car chases, and Koko, yo; I’m watching. Whether White Fox can do the dumb fun justice remains to be seen, but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Medaka.jpg

-----------------------------------
Medaka Box

Director: Shouji Saeki
Studio: GAINAX
Air Date: 4/4/2012
Site: http://medakabox.jp/
Stream: No word, yet, but this reeks of Crunchyroll.

M:
wiki said:
Medaka Kurokami, the recently elected Student Council President of Hakoniwa Academy, has instituted a suggestion box in order to collect suggestions and improvements from fellow academy students. Together with Zenkichi Hitoyoshi, she solves problems, from finding lost dogs to cleaning up club buildings and even fixing personalities. During the course of the series, Kouki Akune and Mogana Kikaijima are recruited to the Student Council to help improve the school

MT:
Isin can keep it.
----
AO.jpg

-------------------------------------
Eureka Seven Ao

Director: Tomoki Kyoda
Studio: BONES (lol)
Site: http://eurekaao-prj.net/
Stream: No word, but I’m certain that you won’t, scoundrel.

M:
wiki said:
The 13-year-old protagonist, Ao Fukai lives with an elderly doctor, Toshio, on Iwado Island in Okinawa. His father's whereabouts are unknown and his mother had disappeared 10 years ago. His childhood friend, Naru Arata is somewhat frail, physically, and requires an inhaler; however, she seems to have "yuta" power due to an accident that happened when she was very young.
A mysterious entity called "Secret" suddenly appears and launches an attack on the Scub Coral lifeform on the island. In his fervent desire to protect the island, Ao launches a certain military robot called "Nirvash" aboard a Japanese military transport.

MT:
----
AW.jpg

------------------------------
Accel World

Director:
Studio: Sunrise
Air Date: 4/6/2012
Site: http://www.accel-world.net/
Stream: No word, yet.

M:
wiki said:
In the year 2040, Neuro-synchronization, a technology system that allows humans to manipulate their five senses has become widespread where people can access the internet and enter virtual worlds. Haruyuki "Haru" Arita is a short, fat boy who is constantly bullied, causing him to have a low-self esteem. To escape the torments of real life, he logins in the school's virtual world network where he plays squash alone where he always gets the highest score. One day, Haru attract the attention of the Student Council Vice-President, Kuroyukihime, who offers him to join a secret program called Brain Burst which allows a person to make time appear to stand still in their surroundings by "accelerating" their brainwaves in the real world.

MT:
I don’t know whether I should give this show props for its bbw protag, or what. I just don’t know. I’ll give it an ep to find out.
----
1025077.jpg

-------------------------
Hyouka

Director: Yasuhiro Takemoto
Studio: Kyoto Animation
Air Date: 4/22/2012
Site: http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/kotenbu/
Stream: No word, but this is another one that feels like a lock for Crunchyroll.

M:
crunchyroll said:
It centers on Houtarou Oreki, a high schooler who is resistant to getting involved with anything.

This changes when he joins the koten-bu club, and is tasked with solving everyday mysteries. What's up with the classroom you can't enter? What about the mysterious book that's always checked out of the library? These puzzles and more—including an incident from 33 years ago involving a female club member's uncle—await in Yonezawa's tale.

M:
Per usual, the production looks to be god-tier, but I can’t say I’m all that interested in Kyoani’s latest. It’s supposed to be a thriller, but they felt the need to grasp for that otaku moolah and shoehorn moeblob to make for an incredibly odd juxtaposition. I’ll give it an ep to see how that works out, but doubt that I’ll stick along for the ride.
----
sankarea-2.jpg

--------------------------
Sankarea

Director:
Studio: Studio DEEN
Air Date: 4/5/2012
Site: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/sankarea/
Stream: No word, yet, but this is yet another that reeks of Crunchyroll.

M:
wiki said:
The protagonist, Chihiro Furuya, is a male highschool student with a keen interest in zombies, collecting zombie-related videogames, film and manga, and even to the point of desiring to "kiss a zombie girl". Following the death of his pet cat, he attempts to revive it using an old manuscript, which describes the process of creating a potion for resurrection. At this time he encounters a girl named Rea Sanka, who has run away from home. In an attempt to commit suicide, she drinks a sample of the "resurrection" potion which is created from a poisonous herb known as Hydrangea macrophylla, however this fails to kill her. Following an argument with her father, she falls from a cliff by accident and dies; however as a result of the potion, she returns as a zombie. Though she becomes undead, she chooses not to consume human flesh, and rather survives on eating the hydrangea herbs.

MT:
This revolution I am ready for. I’m not watching, I have the pack of shells to get me there, and Wal-Mart as a shelter isn’t far. And you have my condolences. If only your plan was as good as mine, you wouldn’t be about a week away from turning into a moe-zombie.
----
JQHGf.jpg

AKB0048

Director: Shoji Kawamori
Studio: Satelight
Air Date: 4/29(?)/2012 (exact date unknown)
Site: http://akb0048.jp/
Stream: hopefully, and subsequently go to jail for it.

M:
ANN said:
In an era when entertainment is outlawed, there is an idol group that offers underground guerilla concerts despite the danger. The name of that female group is AKB0048.
Until just before the annihilation of Earth, AKB48 shined as legendary idols.
This is the story of the super galactic idol team that inherited that name.

MT:
This is the kind of show that makes a grown man step away from his computer and commit seppuku upon completion. An unbridled post-satanic text, sent out by the reaper of all souls and quality herself, Okadabot. It’s an absolute wonder that this hell would land when it could be counterbalanced with a comparable amount of holiness from God himself.
----
shining_hearts_art.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------
Shining Hearts ~Shiawase no Pan~

Director: Itsuro Kawasaki
Studio: Production I.G
Air Date: 4/12(?)/2012 (Exact date unknown)
Site: http://shining-world.jp/hearts/
Stream: No clue, there’s no word, and it doesn’t feel like something that’d get simulcasted

M:
game wiki said:
One day, a mysterious girl named Kaguya was washed ashore the island of Wyndaria after a great storm. She encounters Rick, a swordsman who wound up working at the island's bakery. Apparently, Kaguya is suffering from having lost her memories and emotions. In addition, the usually peaceful Wyndaria is now swarming with pirates who came seeking for the special spirit stone that is worn around Kaguya's neck. Knowing the situation, Rick and his co-workers, Nellis, Amyl, and Aerie decided to bring back peace to island and help Kaguya regain her lost memories and emotions.

MT:
I’m a sucker for game adaptations, so I might actually watch this, idk. the game actually has ‘MOE system’ which, no shit, involves courting good-will in the form of hearts...Shit...I actually want to play this now.

queens-blade-rebellion-tv-anime-announcement-001.jpg

----------------------------------------------
Queens Blade: Rebellion

Director: Yousei Morino
Studio: ARMS
Site: http://queensblade.tv/
Stream: Don’t even care to check.

M:
wiki said:
Set after the events of Queen's Blade, Gainos and the entire Continent has fallen under a tyrannical rule led by Claudette, the Thundercloud Queen and victor of the last Queen's Blade tournament. Annelotte, a brave young knight and exiled princess, leads a band of rebels called the Rebel Army to overthrow Claudette and restore peace and order to the Continent.

MT:
All I know is that there’s titties and shit, swords too, and that this is a sequel. I’m content with knowing just that much

192123272672.jpg

---------------------------------
Yurumates 3D

Director: Yoshihide Yuuzumi
Studio: C2C
Site: http://www.takeshobo.co.jp/sp/tv_yuru/

M:
anime.nonsensebb.com said:
Aida Yurume is a ronin student who came to Tokyo to prepare for university entrance exam. But the place was a back district, where the address Tokyo is so ill-fitting. The residents of the apartment are Kawano Sae, a veteran ronin with straight-man character, Tanaka Kumi, an innocent-looking girl and Matsukishi, a young man looking twice as his age. The story depicts their slow and comfortable life of preparing for university.ing twice as his age. The story depicts their slow and comfortable life of preparing for university

MT:
This has the potential to be pretty funny, going from the synopsis. I’ve never read the manga, and no real clue what it’s about. Will give an ep or two

912549.jpg

---------------------------------
Kimi to Boku 2

Director: Mamoru Kanbe
Studio: J.C Staff
Site: http://www.kimiboku.tv/

M:
ANN said:
About 4 friends, twins Yuta and Yuki Asaba, the cute and girly Shun Matsuoka, and the class head Kaname Tsukahara, who have known each other since kindergarden. When a half-Japanese transfer student named Chizuru Tachibana joins their group, he brings a new dynamic to their friendship.

MT:
The Daily Lives of Forever Inferior Highschool Boys.

1027799.jpg

------------------------
Upotte!

Director: Takao Kato
Studio: XEBEC
Air Date: 4/7/2012
Site: http://www.upotte.jp/

M:
anime.nonsensebb said:
In the story, a newly hired teacher discovers that the female students at his new school all have excellent marksmanship skills . and happen to be anthropomorphised assault rifles.

MT:
Gun moe...moe? Not watching, at all.

---------------

iavi

Tasogare%20Otome%20x%20Amnesia.jpg

--------------------------------------------------
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

Director: Takashi Sakamoto
Studio: Silver Link
Air Date: 4/8/2012
Site: http://www.amnesia-tv.com/

M:
anime.nonsensebb said:
One day first-year middle school student Niiya Teiichi gets lost in this maze and by chance arrives at an old storage room. This is where he meets Kanoe Yuuko, a mysterious girl with raven black, long silky hair and a tall and slender figure, who introduces herself as the ghost of the old school building. For some unexplainable reason Niiya is the only one able to see this spirit and she herself does not have any recollection of the reasons or time of her death, nor any lingering feelings about life itself. Curious about the circumstances of her death the two create a paranormal investigation club and seek to find out the truth about it and the many other mysteries surrounding the school.

MT:
After Ano Hana’s narratological demise at the hands of the Okadabot, maybe this will be the ghost-moe show to save ghost-moe? I highly doubt it, but I’ll give it an ep to see how things play out. Either way, it doesn’t have Secret Base, therefore inferior.

-------

OPHD.jpg

------------------
One Piece HD

Director: Hiroaki Miyamoto/Junji Shimizu/Konosuke Uda/Munehisa Sakai
Studio: Toei Animation
Site: http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/onep/
Stream: No word. But Funimation has been streaming the SD eps, if that means anything.

M:
wiki said:
The series begins with the execution of Gold Roger, a man known as the King of the Pirates (海賊王 Kaizokuō?). Just before his death, Roger announces that his treasure, the One Piece (ひとつなぎの大秘宝 (ワンピース) Wan Pīsu?), will be up for the taking, causing the Great Pirate Era (大海賊時代 Dai Kaizoku Jidai?) to begin. As a result, countless pirates set out to the Grand Line to look for the treasure.
Twenty years have passed since Roger's execution, and Monkey D. Luffy, a young pirate inspired by the pirate known as "Red-Haired" Shanks, has since set off on a journey from the East Blue to succeed Roger and find the treasure. He organizes and leads a nine-member crew named the Straw Hat Pirates.

MT:
It's One Piece in all its glory, again, but in HD. If you haven't joined the crew already, there isn't much better a time, I'd imagine.

-------

1.jpg

-------------------
Naruto SD: Rock Lee Seishun Full-Power Ninden

Director: Masahiko Murata
Studio: Pierrot
Air Date: 4/3/2012
Site: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/lee/
Streame: The disciples of Cosmic will have this thing being legally subbed faster than...something. Joke failed. Can I go home now?

M:
anime.nonsensebb said:
A gag comedy anime featuring Rock Lee from the popular Naruto franchise

MT:
It’s a chibi Naruto spin-off. History with the franchise is probably needed. I don’t have that history, so... I won’t be joining in on the sermons this time, tdocs.

1019139.jpg

------------------------------------------------------
Pretty Rhythm: Dear My Future

Director: Masakazu Hishida
Studio: Tatsunoko Production
Site: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/prettyrhythm/dmf/
Stream: For your sake, I hope you have to do nothing with this.

M:
Three years have passed since the events of Aurora Dream... At Pretty Top, a new generation of girls dreaming of being Prism Stars have endeavored through their training. One day, as they find themselves on the same stage as their predecessors, they meet Mia, who demands to challenge them, and together, they become the new unit, Prizmmy☆. As the girls waver and then jump back up, they deepen their friendship and aim for their debut together. To add to it all, 5 girls have come from abroad to Japan to study at Pretty Top to have their debut as well. In order to meet their future, the girls stand on the stage, and the show starts.

MT:
It’s like the devil brought offspring to speed up the reaping.

Phi-Brain-1.jpg

---------------------------------------------------
Phi Brain: The God’s Puzzle

Director: Hirotaka Endo/Junichi Sato
Site: http://www.phibrain.net/

M:
anime.nonsensebb said:
In the second season, the story continues to revolve around the Orpheus bangle and Phi Brain, but the puzzle battles heat up.
A new enemy, a group of boys named Orpheus Order, appears before Kaito and the others, and the battles begin anew.

MT:
Lol at this blasphemous shit. Using God in the title yet having nothing to do with the man himself. Even having the gall to air as he does no less! Utterly ridiculous.
----
natsuiro_kiseki.jpg

----------------------------------
Natsuiro Kiseki

Director: Seiji Mizushima
Site: http://www.natsuiro-kiseki.jp/
Stream: No Word.

M:
Anime.nonsensebb said:
Waking up in the morning, going to school, spending time with friends. These make up the days of four friends. They experience fun and sad things as well, and these days seem to go on forever, until one summer, a wonder happens. This is a story of four girls: Natsumi, a cheerful and frank girl, Saki, who is perfect in both studying and sports, Yuka, who is a fan of the idol group Four Seasons, and Rinko, who loves music. This warm yet refreshing summer-coloured wonder will surely carry you along...

MT:
I don’t know what to say to this one...My first thought was: The Ghetto Hanasaku Iroha, but that was already ghetto, so me saying that would basically be damning it out of the gate. Nobody likes to have that done.
----
20110928_kuroko000.jpg

-------------------------------------
Kuroko no Basuke

Director: Shunsuke Tada
Studio: Production I.G
Site: http://www.kurobas.com/
Stream: No Word

M:
anime.nonsensebb said:
In the story, Kagami Taiga has just enrolled into Seirin High School when he meets Kuroko Tetsuya of the school's basketball team. Kuroko happens to be the shadowy sixth member of the legendary Generation of Miracles basketball team. Together, Kagami and Kuroko aim to take their team to the inter-high school championship . against Kuroko's former teammates.

MT:
Well, these guys are duking it out and, unlike the Mahou Shonens, aren’t overly-skinny, and probably will sweat, but I have no desire to watch their pores weep against the summer’s punishment, still. What is this madness?
----
11_0302korezon0051.jpg

------------------------------------------------
Kore wa Zombie desu ka? of the Dead
Director: Takaomi Kanasaki
Studio: DEEN
Air Date: 4/4/2012
Site: http://kadokawa-anime.jp/zombie/

M:
anime.nonsensebb said:
The story centres around a passive high school boy named Aikawa Ayumu, who gets killed during a spate of mysterious serial killings. However, Ayumu is resurrected as a zombie by the necromancer girl Eu, whom he had befriended just before dying. When Ayumu reawakens he is tossed into a world with masou shoujo (magically equipped girls) and vampire ninjas. And of all things, he is assigned the duties of such a masou shoujo by the magical warrior girl Haruna.

MT:
----
HY.jpg

-----------------------------------------
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san

Director: Tsuyoshi Nagasawa
Studio: XEBEC
Air Date: 4/10/2012
Site: http://anime.nonsensebb.com/2012/spring/haiyorenyaruko-san
Stream: No. No you won’t. Crunchyroll will be simulcasting.

M:
anime.nonsensebb said:
The story of Haiyore! Nyaruko-san centers around Nyaruko, a formless Cthulhu deity of chaos (Nyarlathotep) who can take on the shape of a seemingly ordinary silver-haired girl. Mahiro Yasaka is a normal high schooler who is chased by aliens one night, until Nyaruko saves him.

MT:
I didn’t think it was possible to get much more gross than the previous entry, but this is.

-----

fate_zero_98521.jpg

-----------------------------
Fate/Zero 2nd Season

Director: Ei Aoki
Studio: Ufotable
Air Date: 4/6/2012
Site: http://www.fate-zero.jp/
Stream: Crunchyroll/NicoNico

M:
anime.nonsensebb said:
The Holy Grail War - A death-match between 7 magi (Masters) and their summoned heroic spirits (Servants) in which the prize is the legendary Holy Grail, said to have to power to grant miracles.
This is now the 4th Holy Grail War. The 3 preceding Wars had ended without a victor. In pursuit of their individual goals and ambitions, the magi congregate at a place called Fuyuki. All the magi will do anything, rationalize away any atrocity, in pursuit of the Holy Grail.
All of them, but one...

MT:
No. Nope. Never again. I love this show and the amazing characterization in it. The CG is amazing, and the action sequences are breathtaking. Rider is the best character in all of anime history. Okay duckroll, you can put the gun away now, thanks.
----
Nazo_no_Kanojo_X_by_Aiolon.png

---------------------------------------
Naze no Kanojo X

Director: Ayumu Watanabe
Studio: Hoods Entertainment
Site: http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/nazokano_x/
Stream: No Word.

M:
mangaupdates said:
One day, a strange transfer student appears before Tsubaki. Urabe Mikoto is an antisocial girl, whose hobby is just sleeping during class-breaks. One day, Tsubaki goes to wake her up and accidentally tastes her drool... And gets hooked on that!

After that, he starts going out with her and gets to know her better. Her second hobby, as it turns out, is carrying around scissors in her panties and cutting paper into flowers...

MT:
Nah. nope. I’m not to the point of cursing this, but an indifference.
----
20111230_saki00.jpg

---------------------------------------------
Saki: Achiga-hen: Episode of Side-A

Director: Manabu Ono
Studio: Studio Gokumi
Site: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/saki2/
Stream:Crunchyroll

M:
saki.wikia said:
The story of Saki Achiga Hen episode of side A takes place in the Nara prefecture. It centers around the small school of Achiga Girls and their disbanded mahjong club. The main protagonists of the story attempt to restart the club in Highschool with the goal of going to nationals in order to meet their old friend Nodoka Haramura.

MT:
I plead the fif
----
Kickoff.png

Ginga e Kickoff

Director: Konosuke Uda
Studio: Typ Animations
Site: http://www9.nhk.or.jp/anime/ginga/

M:
anome.nonsensebb said:
The story follows a boy who was in a soccer team, but it was disbanded due to not enough players. However, after the boy meets a female professional soccer player, he aims to bring his soccer team back.

MT:
Jesus, there really is a shit ton of sports anime this season. Karuta wasn’t enough. On the good note: all of these sports are a million times more interesting than Karuta. On the bad note: none of them will probably be as interesting as early Chihayabomba was anyway. So who gives a damn? feel me? No. Not there. Not you.
----
shirokuma-caf%C3%A8-home.jpg

----------------------
Shirokuma Cafe

Director: Mitsuyuki Masuhara
Studio: Pierrot
Site: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/shirokumacafe/

M:
crunchyroll said:
a gag manga adaption about a polar bear who runs a cafe and a panda who is a regular customer.

MT:
I'll definitely give this ep. More humor never hurts, other than laughing too hard. It happens.
----
Shiba_Inuko-san1.jpg

Shiba Inuko-san

*Airs as 2-minute shorts.

Director: ?
Studio: ?
Site: http://4koma.takeshobo.co.jp/cat02/2988/
Stream: Yes. Yes you will, almost without a doubt.

M:
MAL said:
Shibainuko-san is a 14-year-old girl who looks exactly like a Shiba Inu dog. One of her classmates, Ishibashi Chako, wonders about her appearance, but no one else thinks it is strange

MT:
we’re about to witness the moe-furry revolution, my friends. I don’t think I’m going to survive, personally; I’ve only thought up my gameplans for the moe-zombie one.
----
35329l.jpg

---------------------------------------
Sengoku Collection

*Could not find one good pic of this series.

Director: Keiji Gotoh
Studio: Brains Base
Site: http://www.konami.jp/products/sns_mob_sengokucollection/
Stream: No word, but I’d say be assured that you will.

M:
ANN said:
The anime's main character is a female re-imagining of the great warlord Oda Nobunaga. Another major character is the female version of Tokugawa Ieyasu, the first shogun of Japan.

MT:
Uguu Sengoku. Yeah. No.
----
Gakkatsu18.jpg

Gakkatsu

*Airs in 5-minute shorts.

Director: Rareko
Studio: Fanworks
Air Date: 4/3/2012
Site: http://www9.nhk.or.jp/anime/gakkatsu/

M:
anime.nonsensebb said:
In a fictional school, "Tender Tank" Rareko is constantly opening absurd yet strangely enthusiastic debates, this way creating a lively classroom life. Bringing up tremendous themes, she and her classmates exchange words like sword-strokes, and here and there even a profound remark is slipped in.
Fun and informative debate comedy, packed into only five minutes each time.

MT:
An ‘informative debate comedy?’ This...actually sounds kind of awesome. I’ll definitely give it an ep or two to see how the humour plays out.
----

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Err nothing looks interesting to me in OP, guess I'll be skipping this season guys.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
The premise for Shiba Inuko-san sounds like Chicken Boo from Animaniacs.

"It's a giant chicken I tell you! A GIANT CHICKEN!"

Well the first post looks nice on my hdtv.

Watching
Tsuritama
Ozma (decent)
Saint Seya Omega
Jormungand
Medaka Box
Eureka Seven Ao
Hyouka
Fate/Zero
Naruto SD: Rock Lee Seishun Full-Power Ninden

Excited for
Hiiro no Kakera
Accel World
Kimi to Boku 2
Phi Brain S2
Kore Wa Zombie

Sket Dance
Hunter x Hunter
One Piece
Naruto Shippuden
Toriko
Fairy Tail
Area no Kishi
Mouretsu Pirates
Gundam Seed HD
Gundam Age
Aquarion Evol

It’s a chibi Naruto spin-off. History with the franchise is probably needed. I don’t have that history, so... I won’t be joining in on the sermons this time

Eh, not really needed. Watch it anyway. It's hilarious.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Duckroll inserting the most important image first. Bring on Idorrma$ter.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
2DOOdl.jpg

Utterly disgusted by this poor OP.

No Fate/Zero S2 in the banner. Not giving the show the respect it deserves, it is already anime of the year before it even airs. And the unfathomable mention of Korra.

Duckroll should have done the deed himself.

Birdy: Decode 13

Fun finale. Maybe a bit low-key for my tastes, but still fun.

Not gonna write up a huge post since I still have another season to go through, but I'll say I liked how it started more than the later portions. Didn't hate the later portions, but there was still a drop in quality IMO. Hope S2 stays consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom