• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Saphirax

I guess the difference is the guide. I winged everything. Will probably replay one day in the distant future with a guide (same thing I do with Atelier games - play through once on my own, then replay with a guide)

Re. bosses, I S-Craft spam the bosses, but I still remember struggling on the
Ghost boss in Legram Cathedral
. Also some bosses after that but I can't remember which ones.

Oh, yeah. That one was annoying. Think he wiped my whole party right at the start because I didn't have the right gear. Some 'weaken monsters' may have been used :p.

I went for the platinum and that play for 100 hours trophy was seriously annoying. Had to slow down everything. Glad they ditched that in the sequel.

redcrayon

I played ToCS without a guide and I think it took me slightly under 60 hours. I didn't platinum it or get 'perfect' marks, but I did talk to most people, developed the relationships where possible and cleared all the sidequests that appeared in my Quest log. Really enjoyed it, a few minor issues with the repeating structure each chapter (although the sequel has its own issues with a repeating structure too), but all in all very good. Combat system is really enjoyable with lots of options, and benched npcs don't fall too far behind so it keeps your options open, that's the main thing for me. Why some JRPGs insist that characters not in the active party get left behind, either forcing grind or reducing your options in the late game, is beyond me.

Sounds about on the money. I remember Amazing Spiderman was also pretty bad performance wise (especially in the open world), but Disney Infinity 2.0 really took the biscuit for just running plain bad.

Disney Infinity 2.0 was awful. I couldn't believe it when I played a bit and it was just going at like 5fps. Amazing Spiderman is amazing in comparison.

Good article. I would have included New Little King's Story. All the fun was sucked out with the slowdown, and I was really looking forward to it, too.

That made my shortlist. Walking Dead S1 & S2 as well. Had to cut it down to just 10 though so a few of them got chopped.

Also, while I'm here:

46dopag9e4cz.jpg

Legit? Eep.

Jimrpg

So I finally finished Steins;Gate 0!

It's a little disappointing?

The highs are great in this game, but there's so much filler material earlier on.

The first ending I got was the Leskinen ending and had to double back to do the other story branch, and then come back to the Leskinen/Mayuri ending branch.

I got chills when Hounin Kyoma finally came back. I always found it strange that people hated him, boy once he makes an appearance he really got the game back on track. Steins;Gate 0 is not a great game without Hounin Kyoma. That music (Re-Awake) is just amazing. The entire game really makes me appreciate how much of a masterpiece and a complete one off achievement Steins;Gate (the first game) is.
It's not going to be topped for some time.

The True End felt like the writer ran out of time and had to stop whatever he was writing like it was an exam. I was expecting something a little longer like the other endings.

So I finally finished Steins;Gate 0!

It's a little disappointing?

The highs are great in this game, but there's so much filler material earlier on.

The first ending I got was the Leskinen ending and had to double back to do the other story branch, and then come back to the Leskinen/Mayuri ending branch.

I got chills when Hounin Kyoma finally came back. I always found it strange that people hated him, boy once he makes an appearance he really got the game back on track. Steins;Gate 0 is not a great game without Hounin Kyoma. That music (Re-Awake) is just amazing. The entire game really makes me appreciate how much of a masterpiece and a complete one off achievement Steins;Gate (the first game) is.
It's not going to be topped for some time.

The True End felt like the writer ran out of time and had to stop whatever he was writing like it was an exam. I was expecting something a little longer like the other endings.

Exactly what I felt...
The coming back of Hounin Kyoma was absolutely fantastic. It's a shame that the rest of the game (the true ending in particular) didn't have the same level of impact. Maybe it's because we knew what was going to happen?

Still, I'm glad I've played this game :p

Jimrpg

Exactly what I felt...
The coming back of Hounin Kyoma was absolutely fantastic. It's a shame that the rest of the game (the true ending in particular) didn't have the same level of impact. Maybe it's because we knew what was going to happen?

Still, I'm glad I've played this game :p

Yeah I suppose if the true end needs to align with the first game, there's not much they could else they could have done. It was just a bit shorter than I would have liked.

For anyone interested, I finished my latest article looking at Vita's 10 most technically disappointing games:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/07/27/vitas-10-most-technically-disappointing-games/

Great article. Man, I was so disappointed with Borderlands 2 as I was really looking forward to it.

Kresnik, you're doing great work with your site. Do you think you'll put together a counter article featuring the 10 most technically accomplished games on Vita?

I have to say, as much as I love VN, I felt both Root Letter and Steins;Gate 0 were pretty disappointing. Though not as disappointing and bad as Zero Time Dilemma last year.

At least I enjoyed the former.

What are your impressions regarding Collar x Mallice? I read some good stuff in the last couple of days.

For anyone interested, I finished my latest article looking at Vita's 10 most technically disappointing games:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/07/27/vitas-10-most-technically-disappointing-games/

It's sad how much technically disappointing games the Vita has. I can think of so many more besides the one you mentioned. But I guess that's the fate by having so many console downports, not original games.

Kresnik, you're doing great work with your site. Do you think you'll put together a counter article featuring the 10 most technically accomplished games on Vita?

Thanks very much. I really enjoy writing about the Vita and I'm glad people seem to enjoy reading my articles as much as I like writing them.

Also, I have some good news for you - I wrote an article about that very subject a few months ago!

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress....-showcased-the-handhelds-technical-abilities/

:)

It's sad how much technically disappointing games the Vita has. I can think of so many more besides the one you mentioned. But I guess that's the fate by having so many console downports, not original games.

I had a few that didn't quite make the final cut (New Little King's Story/The Walking Dead) and have since been reminded of a few more good suggestions (Deer God/Nuclear Throne). Yeah... it's a real shame.

redcrayon

Just finished God Wars: Future Past. Really enjoyed that, just the right length for a tactics game, didn't outstay it's welcome. Considering the relatively small dev team I thought they did a great job in using small amounts of animation and voice work to get the game done on a budget, and the ancient Japan feel was a nice change of pace too. The core battle mechanics are very solid with a huge range of classes and abilities. While it suffers from the usual rpg issue of characters ending up with several dozen options of things to do but most of the interesting offensive abilities get ignored for the highest raw damage when constantly outnumbered, a small QOL addition I love is a 'favourites' or 'most recently used' tab when selecting an option, that makes digging through your ability lists to find the ones you use all the time much easier. All in all a solid SRPG.

Saphirax

Collar X Malice is €44.99, fuck that price increase, it's more and more frequent

This seems to be region based. With the exception of Period Cube, all Aksys games cost the same in my region - which is around €5 more expensive than games from other publishers.

oldmario

Collar X Malice is €44.99, fuck that price increase, it's more and more frequent

£39.99 on the UK store, same price as Tokyo Xanadu, Period Cube however was £44.99 but atm it's on sale for £19.99

i just wish asys would learn how to properly price over here, i wasted a £10 voucher on tokyo xanadu to get it to what it should actually be priced at

Ephidel

Oh, is the game out? That means they must have announced where we can get the EU physical edition they mentioned like three days ago, right? No? No? :(

autoduelist

are both games in final fantasy x-x2 hd on the cart? I have the opportunity to buy a used copy but I don't want to accidentally only buy half or something.

Jimrpg

in the west only FFX is on the cart, X-2 is a download code only

In the 'east', R3, X and X-2 are separate games. It's also in English or Chinese versions.

It's kind of annoying actually, it's like having to pay double if you want physical bad enough.

i-Jest

In the 'east', R3, X and X-2 are separate games. It's also in English or Chinese versions.

It's kind of annoying actually, it's like having to pay double if you want physical bad enough.

I was under the impression Europe got the two games in one cartridge.

Jimrpg

I was under the impression Europe got the two games in one cartridge.

EU/AU/PAL is FFX on the cart and FFX-2 is a downloadable voucher.

EDIT: as oldmario pointed out >.<

http://www.impulse.com.my/playstati...-final-fantasy-x-2-hd-english-version-r3.html

^ For anyone that wants to get FFX-2 on a cart - this shop (or Heavy Arm) sometimes gets FFX-2 english Region 3 back in stock, but they never tell you when. You'll just have to set a notification and wait or keep checking their facebook when they post about restock.

Hm, the Yomawari Vita LE isnt listed anymore at the EU NISA store.

Edit: Had a chat with the support. They only responded with this:

Please be patient regarding this title, there will be more information soon.

Let's hope for the best.

oldmario

Hm, the Yomawari Vita LE isnt listed anymore at the EU NISA store.

Edit: Had a chat with the support. They only responded with this:

Let's hope for the best.

i asked them the other day and they said they should have details if there's gonna be a regular edition sometime next week, the wording of the message also sounds like PS4 will only be LE which is interesting

No mention of the PS Vita version (Standard or LE) of Yomawari: Midnight Shadows in the current EU NISA newsletter at all. Only PS4 and Steam.

autoduelist

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about World of Final Fantasy? I want to want it, but after reading a couple reviews I'm worried it might be too easy? Also, I'm a bit burned out after leveling digimon and am not sure about that aspect... but at the same time, I really was interested in it pre-release.

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about World of Final Fantasy? I want to want it, but after reading a couple reviews I'm worried it might be too easy? Also, I'm a bit burned out after leveling digimon and am not sure about that aspect... but at the same time, I really was interested in it pre-release.

Yes, it's a mostly easy game. But for me it was a fantastic callback to the "good old times" with tons of references. It has a fun and solid gameplay foundation to stand on it's own feet, but you will play it more for all that fanservice stuff if you are attached to the series.

I had a great time with it and I vastly enjoyed it more than XV.

oldmario

for those collecting for a full EU set or even just going for a EU exclusive set you might want to get Top Trumps Turbo, discovered it has a LRG level print run of just 2010 copies

Is it normal that Deemo isn't available on the PSN in europe? Wasn't it planned to release this year?

i asked them the other day and they said they're still working on a EU release

dallow_bg

nods at old men
for those collecting for a full EU set or even just going for a EU exclusive set you might want to get Top Trumps Turbo, discovered it has a LRG level print run of just 2010 copies

i asked them the other day and they said they're still working on a EU release

Mine shipped a couple days ago.
Good to know!

Jamaal23

Neo Member
Hope y'all don't mind me asking this here, but I couldn't find a PlayStation Network July 2017 thread. Only came across the February one.

Is Lumines: Electronic Symphony (Vita) no longer available to be purchased on the NA PSN Store? Don't see a price, just a "try demo" note.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Hope y'all don't mind me asking this here, but I couldn't find a PlayStation Network July 2017 thread. Only came across the February one.

Is Lumines: Electronic Symphony (Vita) no longer available to be purchased on the NA PSN Store? Don't see a price, just a "try demo" note.

I do believe it was delisted recently.

Top Bottom