• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb

iLb0XpaU4ZR0s.png

iOK5f8z6kNHwL.png

Peterthumpa

I was playing HP yesterday, and also The Run. It's amazing how much better the cars models are in Hot Pursuit. I mean, almost a generation better, when you check closely with the photo mode from both games.

The Run has better lighting though, courtesy of Frostbite II.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Binary Domain sure looks good!
In these screens I'm using the in-game FXAA, but I switched to MLAA + 8xCSAA through the nVidia control panel (not sure if it's working, with Bully is fine, anyway...) + SMAA injector. Maybe it's an overkill, but on the long distance there are some pretty ugly jaggies, and given that I can still hold 60fps I don't care too much about it.

Who ya talkin' to?

ibeNdi5GsdcVhv.png

iWDrBUb9n6GBT.png

Computron

Got my 2x GTX 690s hooked up, CPU overclocked, 32GB of RAM, 1TB SSD. Got the 16x AF and TXAA injected up in this bitch, all the settings maxed, 1172x1010p.

And, I got dat new Microsoft joint up in heeya.

lets let her rip:

Look at that marvelous framerate:

ibdnSkoYLFQhg0.png

Look at those insane particle effects:

iBqSydZTYw2jg.png

DAT CRISP CLEARTYPE TEXT RENDERING.

Binary Domain sure looks good!
In these screens I'm using the in-game FXAA, but I switched to MLAA + 8xCSAA through the nVidia control panel (not sure if it's working, with Bully is fine, anyway...) + SMAA injector.

Yes, that's a bit of a waste because SMAA is already based on MLAA, so using both is a bit silly. Just SMAA + MSAA or SMAA + Downsampling should be enough to rid you of most jaggies.

Still, good looking shots. I like Binary Domain's style.

TronLight

Yes, that's a bit of a waste because SMAA is already based on MLAA, so using both is a bit silly. Just SMAA + MSAA or SMAA + Downsampling should be enough to rid you of most jaggies.

Still, good looking shots. I like Binary Domain's style.

Oh, didn't know that. I guess I'll use just SMAA + CSAA then, thanks.

It's a shame that Inspector doesn't have a profile for this game. :/

TronLight

Oh wait, I tried with Inspector and it actually seems to be working.
BD doesn't have a Inspector profile but I added the .exe in the nVidia panel and it showed up in Inspector. Then I selected 2x2 supersampling and it seems to be working. I thought I needed the aa compatibility bits to do so. Someone can explain this to me? lol

edit: nevermind, it wasn't working. Neither the CSAA through the nvidia panel was working, I'll just stick with SMAA+FXAA then.

scitek

Oh wait, I tried with Inspector and it actually seems to be working.
BD doesn't have a Inspector profile but I added the .exe in the nVidia panel and it showed up in Inspector. Then I selected 2x2 supersampling and it seems to be working. I thought I needed the aa compatibility bits to do so. Someone can explain this to me? lol

edit: nevermind, it wasn't working. Neither the CSAA through the nvidia panel was working, I'll just stick with SMAA+FXAA then.

0x00400046 will get you SGSSAA or MSAA through Inspector. It causes some slight glitching though.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I love SGSSAA, but Mass Effect 3 is about the only game it seems to work really well in (and apparently the Need for Speed games, but I don't have those). I really wish it worked with Arkham City.

Xenoblade... I was a bit over halfway through the game (I think) when my HDD shit itself and I didn't have a backup of the save file. Sigh. Finally getting around to doing another playthrough after getting past the depressing mental barrier of how many hours I have to redo.

dolphin2012-08-1023-152ka4.png

dolphin2012-08-1023-3uyksu.png

Absinthe

Probably going to get shit for this, but here goes.

Guild Wars 2:
Textures may not be the highest, but in motion it's like playing a painting. Love the art style.

ipeLf0gljLonr.jpg

i4q6rq12z5r9c.jpg

Dmax3901

Xenoblade... I was a bit over halfway through the game (I think) when my HDD shit itself and I didn't have a backup of the save file. Sigh. Finally getting around to doing another playthrough after getting past the depressing mental barrier of how many hours I have to redo.

I share your pain except it was because my Wii got stolen.

Quartz Dragon is such a sweet boss. The thing fights more like a heavily armed and armored VTOL than any dragon I've seen before, and as far as I'm concerned, that's just dandy!

(Obligatory note: These shots only have 4x MSAA because FXAA doesn't show up in screenshots. And because I'm too in love with 60 FPS to do SGSSAA. Sorry.)

pso20120809_175658_002.png

(I am SO GLAD I'm not down there)
pso20120808_232138_004.png

So the thing fires missiles, a frontal laser, bombards you with a bunch of tiny lasers, charges at you with super-speed (seriously, like a living fighter jet... with heavy armor)... I am in love with this thing.

Even though it kills me. A lot.

pso20120808_232258_009.png

And have a bonus Dark Ragne shot:
pso20120808_235259_031.png

Top Bottom