• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I could have had a date with a girl from OkC, but she said she'd be drinking in the middle of the day and that's when the red flags were raised.

Too bad too, she was a gamer nerd. Liked minecraft and stuff.

day drinking is awesome, what's wrong with you?

Vaporizer

Banned
oh lord. This. So much this.

TC... Let me tell you a little story. I used Yahoo's dating service years ago. This amazingly good looking blonde actually messaged me and thought we should get together. We spoke a number of times on messenger and then met up at a restaurant a couple of weeks later to get dinner. Meet said girl, she's just as good looking as in her pics, sit down to order food and I try to get the conversation going...

*SMACK*
She slaps my face (not too hard, but not softly either)
"Stop looking at me!" *laughs*

"Umm, okay... So, how about ... yadda yadda?"

*SMACK*
"You're cute, stop staring at me though!" *laughs*

This continued for the entirety of the dinner. I shit you not. We drive to a ice cream place afterwards and it was the same thing. I drove her back to her car afterwards and said, "Get out of my car. I want to go home." She flipped out and asking me what the hell was wrong with me. I replied, "You've been hitting me in the face for the last 3 hours! You don't do that to someone you just met!"

(Granted, I wouldn't hit someone in the face that I had met long ago, but you get the point.)

ahahaha oh man. i am suprised you let her though.

i would have done this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUYOvrQ_PD8

andycapps

Warning: OKCupid girls are flaky. I've gotten a few dates but never a real relationship out of it. Including "I loved our date, of course I'd be glad to have another" followed by apparently her uncle being injured in a car accident followed by never getting a response again.

I'm not extremely impressed with the average quality of people on it, which is why I left. But if you find what you're looking for, awesome. I'd just be wary about the above.

This could be a reflection of their perception of you after the first date, or the girls on the site. Just saying.

ChuyMasta

Ohh no way! I dated her for a bit. She is a little loud and has a knack for fried ice cream. Pro tip Do not talk about her obsecion with bear coins. You'll never heard thr end of it. She will probably talk a lot about yer being smart and bossy in highschool. And about making her father cry at the spelling bee championship.

Lol. I have no idea what i am talking about. Good luck sir!

LuchaShaq

Banned
okcupid/plenty of fish were great when I was an alcoholic at 19-20 and just wanted new hookups every 2-3 days but when I grew up a little the sites were useless to me.

Acheron

Banned
This could be a reflection of their perception of you after the first date, or the girls on the site. Just saying.

I wouldn't really call the example I gave a purely perceptive issue, more of an objective example of being flaky. Don't tell me yes to a second date, then force me to cancel the day before on very dubious grounds and then disappear.

As for quality, I'm young but it's hard to find real career girls who are going places. I find a better group just through work or networking groups/functions. Just saying.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Warning: OKCupid girls are flaky. I've gotten a few dates but never a real relationship out of it. Including "I loved our date, of course I'd be glad to have another" followed by apparently her uncle being injured in a car accident followed by never getting a response again.

I'm not extremely impressed with the average quality of people on it, which is why I left. But if you find what you're looking for, awesome. I'd just be wary about the above.

Seconding. I chatted up with some girls, got them on Skype we kinda chit chatted to set things up. I actually set up a date with one, but then she never messaged me or confirmed the night before. Of course she didn't show up where we agreed to meet. The other was too busy with school.

Mr. Hyde

I met my girlfriend on OkCupid. We now live together. I gave up on the site but ended up getting a message from her and we kept up on conversations for a couple weeks and then met. It went from there.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I never get a reply back. So many women are "replies very selectively", :(

The problem is that girls will get 100 messages for every 1-2 message a guy gets. They can't respond to all of them, and the quality of the messages probably don't warrant one. Just gotta message them anyway.

If you're looking for that, try Grinder.
qO6Il.jpg

move to nyc.
I would like to but it's kind of pricey up there.

andycapps

I wouldn't really call the example I gave a purely perceptive issue, more of an objective example of being flaky. Don't tell me yes to a second date, then force me to cancel the day before on very dubious grounds and then disappear.

As for quality, I'm young but it's hard to find real career girls who are going places. I find a better group just through work or networking groups/functions. Just saying.

Maybe it's just that they're doing most of this communication over the internet so they feel it's easier to shoot someone down.

The hot to crazy scale that someone mentioned before is very appropriate and the OP should keep that in mind.

Eh... Online dating is just a case of patience. A lot of it.

I met the PERFECT guy by chance during an afternoon browse, and nearly four years later we still speak fairly regular and are really good friends. Only reason we aren't a couple? There's about 4500miles between us!! It was pretty rough for a while, I was convinced that the guys I met IRL would never be as perfect for me...

Then I met my current bf online (though not on OK Cupid) and we've been together for about 8months.

Have had one proper date from Okcupid so far, she was pretty cool but the date itself was kinda awkward and I don't think either of us felt much of a spark. Not too bad though, had a nice chat and what not, not the end of the world.

I think posting her pic isn't cool btw, I get the defense that it's already online. But did you give any thought as to how she'd feel that you're showing her off to a bunch of dudes on the internet before you've even met?

Problem with OKC and other online dating sites are the profile pics. Some post their pics, have a cute face, but then when you click on more pics, you run away like a bear from a cat.

The worst offenders are the chubbys who wear tank while bending over sipping on a drink in the bathroom.

How classy.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Problem with OKC and other online dating sites are the profile pics. Some post their pics, have a cute face, but then when you click on more pics, you run away like a bear from a cat.

The worst offenders are the chubbys who wear tank while bending over sipping on a drink in the bathroom.

How classy.

If only everyone was as perfect as you.

Hari Seldon

That is because career girls in their 20s have options. You need to find them in their 30s. Biological clock is a boon.

That's good. I'm surprised at the chances of xxxxx.jpg on imgur actually being an image that isn't appropriate.

No, he censored the link(but it was still to imgur) to prevent anything and it was a nude woman with her hair covering her boobs.

im confused.

usea

that chart is wrong. i think that ugly bitches have the tendency to be crazy too
It's not wrong, it's just not very clear without context. The line is supposed to mean "only women who are plotted above the line are acceptable." As in, a woman's hotness must equal her crazy to be acceptable. It's not communicated very clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom