• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

caesar

Banned
Would be interesting to see where you finish the season after playing a significant amount of games. Then we can actually draw conclusions.

Yeah, if he dropped to 2200 he will drop out of diamond.

Elo hell exists, unless you're good enough to get out of it. Lol

LiK

i kinda mentioned the similar feeling on the previous OT. when I played on the EU PC, i generally find people that do tend to try win when they started out as testing said heros but didnt work out and will switch to the necessary heros to win games. in NA PC, people just say "it just qp" and doesnt give a F. Thats the feeling i had from playing qp tho. I haven't touch pc's comp since S1 just for curiosity where I would be placed lol.

*edit*o wait, nvm. sty is praising the NA for better communication

Playing OW? I'm gonna log on and play some QP.

RemiLP

Intresting to see how much the same person with two accounts can vary in SR. Seen multiple examples of this now. Keep us updated as you keep playing, very intresting to see.

If you stay with around 1000SR differenc between your two accounts, something is horrible wrong with the rankings.

Quick play is such a cesspool. Is Blizzard fucking blind or what? The game needs a mode for assholes who want random team comps. Oh what, there is arcade and custom games, but everyone wants to shit on Quick play.

ricelord

That feeling when you are play zen and the enemy's genji, winston and pharah wants you dead but you actually getting help from your team to fend them off.

Quick play is such a cesspool. Is Blizzard fucking blind or what? The game needs a mode for assholes who want random team comps. Oh what, there is arcade and custom games, but everyone wants to shit on Quick play.

yea lemme just hop into those cancerously bad arcade modes to play heroes i probably have 0 playtime on. sounds fun to me.

rulerk1

I was in match with two top 500 players and a dude who was 4000. I almost had 5 golds as zen. They couldn't aim at a tracer to save their lives either. Dude goes junkrat despite being against a pharah, Zarya, and Hanzo. I get its qp but there a certain things I feel should be second nature once you reach a certain rank

antitrop

In my QP games, there is no shortage of Support (Mercy mains everywhere) and DPS, but having anyone to play tank since D.Va got nerfed is pretty difficult. At least then you could count on there being a D.Va in every game.

caesar

Banned
I was in match with two top 500 players and a dude who was 4000. I almost had 5 golds as zen. They couldn't aim at a tracer to save their lives either. Dude goes junkrat despite being against a pharah, Zarya, and Hanzo. I get its qp but there a certain things I feel should be second nature once you reach a certain rank

They could be 4k lucio or rein mains. You dont have to be an aiming god to be 4k. They were most likely fucking around though.

iosa

I finally started my placement games. 2-0 so far, both being won with a defensive hold (3-2 on Numbani, and 5-3 on Hollywood while having 3 less minutes for the second attack)

KiraFA37

Gaf give me some Dva tips, ever since her latest rounds of nerfs I can't seem to play her correctly. If I play aggressive I'm de-mech-ed too fast and if I play defensive I can't kill due to her range. That or QP just sucks to practice/play her.

NeoRaider

In my QP games, there is no shortage of Support (Mercy mains everywhere) and DPS, but having anyone to play tank since D.Va got nerfed is pretty difficult. At least then you could count on there being a D.Va in every game.

Same. Usually Mery or Ana. But not so much tanks, there usually are Hogs, Reins and D.Va's tho. I can't complain since i barely pick tanks these days.

Jellie

Gaf give me some Dva tips, ever since her latest rounds of nerfs I can't seem to play her correctly. If I play aggressive I'm de-mech-ed too fast and if I play defensive I can't kill due to her range. That or QP just sucks to practice/play her.

She's kinda situational. Probably best if the enemy goes dive comp so you can peel for whoever gets dived on. Can also use to contest high ground but not by yourself.

Skii

Got a Genji constantly spamming for Need Healing and I'm the only healer as Zen, lol

I once had a GM Reaper on my team who would always spam I need healing and would actively block my LOS which caused us to lose. I stopped healing him completely on third point and he just sat in spawn lol.

ricelord

Don't dive unless you are after a support that's alone or a target that need a few bullets to be killed. If diving don't work then just be Dm bot on the front lines.

useless as a solo tank; needs to be in support of winston or reinhardt

good peel for your supports since DM is a powerful ability

avoid frontlining big teamfights since your bulk works against you, separate fights into several smaller skirmishes to take better advantage of your mobility and harass to pick off healers.

She is not very reliable atm, way too many heroes that can destroy her easily, she can do work in KotH maps tho, just stick with your team and constantly harass the enemy to load your ulti, boost in to secure kills, use your ulti, rinse and repeat.

As above said try and position yourself behind the enemy in big teamfights, better chance at getting their supports killed. Never try and be the spotlight to the enemy, her HS area is massive.

yea lemme just hop into those cancerously bad arcade modes to play heroes i probably have 0 playtime on. sounds fun to me.

LOL that is actually happening in quick play. I remember someone even telling me that he was playing Ana for her gold gun. A lot of people in quick play don't care about theirs or the other team's comp; they just pick and run to the choke point to die. I am trying to be good with multiple characters, but it is hard to pick them when I run into teams where no one wants to play tank or healer.

No really. Do you want me to have competitive matches with characters that I haven't had much experience in competitive situations against proper teams? A lot of stuff in QP solo queue don't apply in comp; aim, tricks, combos and similar mechanical stuff can be learned in practice range and custom games easily.

I had to adjust some bad solo play habits when I started having serious competitive matches. I can't just try to be competent with a character without taking full advantage of a proper team that has people who don't die instantly and healers who heal EVERYONE--if there were healers to begin with.

What I am trying to say is, I am against the idea of making quick play a pick any hero and play regardless of team kind of mode. There should be at least some level of competence there. I personally find it boring to pick random heroes, or my favorite ones and just run mindlessly without switching and adjusting--it doesn't have to be serious and stressful like competitive.

I just had a guy who played Widow for 80%+ of his playtime, and he doesn't play tanks or support. How can someone like that have fun? I know people have different tastes, fetishes and weird boners, but that is some boring shit honestly. I just find some user profiles to have hilarious stats.

useless as a solo tank; needs to be in support of winston or reinhardt

good peel for your supports since DM is a powerful ability

avoid frontlining big teamfights since your bulk works against you, separate fights into several smaller skirmishes to take better advantage of your mobility and harass to pick off healers.

Yeah DM is very strong. I find some dive characters kinda hard to be effective with because of the timing. It works with aggressive teams, but not poke at the choke meta. I just had a game with Winston where I had good positioning and instigating attempts. I had to tell the time to push with me after I jump in; it took a couple of tries but it worked in solo queue QP (nice people really). I still need to play dive heroes more and learn from high level footage; timing and positioning isn't easy to get for me yet.

Kevyt

I did my placements for my alt this season as well, I placed 2400+ on both main/alt. I went like 2-7-1 on my main and 7-3 on my alt. I'm not sure if you're on console, but one thing I did notice in gold was, there was always at least one DPS who instalocked and just couldn't produce. Also, the lower down the ladder you are, the more people like to overextend when there is no need, especially on payload maps..

I'm on PC. I did face the same issue when I was playing my placement matches and the soldier/mccree in our team would be unable to kill their Pharah.

Playing as Ana allowed to snipe kill the low health enemies, enemy Pharah and genjis. It was kinda awesome as my team mate DPS could focus on the front line.

What I think blizzard should have done is, keeping the previous season's SR level statistics while when you do your placement, you get a clean chance to be placed to whatever SR that matches the previous season's SR statistics.
This way, placement doesnt feel like its not worth it, whereas just starting the new season from your final SR is better off.

I do like that better. This was an interesting experiment nonetheless.

This is tempting me to make a new account, especially with all the BS they did to supports and SR back in the first couple seasons. Even if I spoke out against smurfing yesterday...

If you have the money for it, I'd suggest you give it a try. It's fun to have an account where you don't worry as much during competitive and try new things.

For my main account I play mostly Ana, Zarya and Tracer and I'm always super try hard mode. But this time for my Smurf I decided to play DPS Ana. I was more active as far as being aggressive and trying things I normally wouldn't which be it luck or random events, they worked out.

Would be interesting to see where you finish the season after playing a significant amount of games. Then we can actually draw conclusions.

I'm sure my rank is gonna fluctuate between 2800-3200. For now I'm going back to my main account and see if I can get off of 2200 SR.... lol

Um, about only picking DPS in quick play, I actually had wins with completely shitty DPS comps. I remember someone telling us that we need this and that but QP solo queue randomness LOL. Junkrat is the current meta. Defense heroes REJOICE (incoming Split gifs).

Mine01

I want to play other games but cant leave overwatch, i keep coming back, I've been playing Dark Souls 1 on and off and just made to anor londo, bough furi, the new styx, bue keep playing overwatch.

Send help

See a player install lock Rein, cool.

...Never see a shield, ever. Just charges nonstop.

Should be a vote that forces a player off a character.

I want to play other games but cant leave overwatch, i keep coming back, I've been playing Dark Souls 1 on and off and just made to anor londo, bough furi, the new styx, bue keep playing overwatch.

Send help

I lose interest in multiplayer games during holidays and long breaks. There is just something about playing one or two QP Overwatch games (or any multiplayer game) after a long day of work or right after school/college.

Intresting to see how much the same person with two accounts can vary in SR. Seen multiple examples of this now. Keep us updated as you keep playing, very intresting to see.

If you stay with around 1000SR differenc between your two accounts, something is horrible wrong with the rankings.

My main account that I've had since the start is stuck in platinum, 2700-2900. I use that to play with coworkers/friends and sometimes solo q. I have another account that I started once I learned how to play the game. That one sits anywhere between 3700-4000s.

I can't for the life of me push my main account out of platinum. Blizz matchmaking hates me once I hit 2900.

The latest open mic from ogn. The funny video thing they do where you can hear what the players are saying inside the booth when theyre playing.

Envyus vs Lunatic Hai

https://youtu.be/yeaPcCE_rXc

Chipsajen sounds so sad when he says
"Im not playing good team, what do i do?"
😢😢😢

Also ogn arnt pulling any shots with that tobis toblerone vs taimous widow part lol

Mine01

I lose interest in multiplayer games during holidays and long breaks. There is just something about playing one or two QP Overwatch games (or any multiplayer game) after a long day of work or right after school/college.

yea I arrive home around 7-8 pm after work and I think "man Its just so little time to invest on a single player game", then Its 1 am and I'm still playing overwatch.

It was removed. Probably wasn't meant to do it.
😭😭😭

It had so much utility tho and it still cost her an entire ult. that's really disappointing, it made her ult a lot more of a tactical decision, like do you desperately need that health pack to break their defences etc.

Top Bottom