• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Which relationships did everyone have maxed out toward the end? In early October, here's who I've maxed so far:

Yoshida (Negotiations are so much easier now)
Takemi (Little disappointed with the benefits of this one, was expecting some SP items for sale)
Kawakami (Best perk in the game with letting you go out again at night after going to a palace/mementos)
Ryuji
Ann (One away from hers)
Mishima (Didn't even realize that backup members didn't get the same EXP as the rest)

Who else should I focus on? All the gun stuff (gun store and arcade kid) seem kind of worthless.

Gun store is worthless. Gun kid is not unless the combat is trivial for you. Also try to max the fortune teller ASAP as her perks are great for maxing out confidants in later playthroughs.

I have her maxed all the way but am now realizing that maybe I completely missed a section of her shop.

Yeah, that section is different from the one-use items section.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Holy fucking difficulty spike

Shadow Madarame, I am level 17, absolutely devaststing first form, insane regenerating second form, no way to back out to town to buy supplies, or to grind levels

Not even the final boss in P4G was this hard

PK Gaming

Holy fucking difficulty spike

Shadow Madarame, I am level 17, absolutely devaststing first form, insane regenerating second form, no way to back out to town to buy supplies, or to grind levels

Not even the final boss in P4G was this hard

Try this

-Physical attacks that target all enemies work great here. Yusuke / Ryuji / (Ann or Morgana) is a good set up.
Spam physical attacks to kill most of the portraits, ignoring the physical attack-immune portrait.
Wail on the physical attack-immune portrait with magic. Using Ann's Tarunda can help mitigate damage.
Make sure Ryuji has Rampage and Yusuke with Vicious Strike.
Fuse Matador, because it picks up Swift Strike, an AMAZING physical that targets all enemies.

If you can manage that, you'll win. Level 17 is more than enough to beat him.

Taborcarn

I'm about 65 hours in and about to start Palace 7. I just now started reading this thread and there's so much I've missed in this game.

- Didn't know I can fish
- Haven't bought a single present for anyone
- I completely forgot the Fortune confidant person existed. I still don't think I have rank 1 of that.

Still super fun though, this game is awesome.

Edit: Oh yeah and I completely stumbled into
the bad ending. I thought I was trying to get her to trust me, so I should give her the information she wanted.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Try this

-Physical attacks that target all enemies work great here. Yusuke / Ryuji / (Ann or Morgana) is a good set up.
Spam physical attacks to kill most of the portraits, ignoring the physical attack-immune portrait.
Wail on the physical attack-immune portrait with magic. Using Ann's Tarunda can help mitigate damage.
Make sure Ryuji has Rampage and Yusuke with Vicious Strike.
Fuse Matador, because it picks up Swift Strike, an AMAZING physical that targets all enemies.

If you can manage that, you'll win. Level 17 is more than enough to beat him.

Thanks! I kinda f’ed up, since after losing in the battle I can only go back to the day when we are sending the calling card. Is there any way I can still grind XP somewhere, or is the boss run my only option (you can’t leave the castle to replenish on a boss run)? My Ryuji is 16 so no Rampage

Nictel

Thanks! I kinda f’ed up, since after losing in the battle I can only go back to the day when we are sending the calling card. Is there any way I can still grind XP somewhere, or is the boss run my only option (you can’t leave the castle to replenish on a boss run)? My Ryuji is 16 so no Rampage

Unless you are on the last day you can go back and not send the calling card. Then you are free to enter the palace and grind.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Unless you are on the last day you can go back and not send the calling card. Then you are free to enter the palace and grind.

Awesome, thanks. Going back is indeed an option in the hideout! Short of being high enough to fuse a Matador, I did a High Pixie that is strong against Wind and Electricity, two bad attacks the boss does, and also has Media and Diarama. Also bought Takemedic All-Vs, Revivadrins and geared everyone up. I think I might have gone a bit overboard, went from ¥100K to ¥20K, some members almost doubled in defense and attack :D

EDIT: Nailed it on my first second round go, thanks GAF. Crazy long battle, but no difficulty when I went prepared

Finally finished! Well, kinda, had to save at the part where you go
talk to your friends.
Final fight was pretty cool.
A bit easy though.
Come to think of it, I was playing on hard but went through a few palaces without even dying once.
Didn't hit any walls either, died once on one boss, the rest was from me getting careless on a few normal fights.
I loved the fact that in the end you get
"punished" for romancing more than one girl, I'm so sorry Ann, Makoto just won me over in the end lol.
I think the game needed a few more good scenes with the group hanging out but other than that it was pretty much perfect for me. Loved the story, will write another post on why I found it interesting.
Still need to see the last bit of the ending tomorrow.

llien

I'm considering getting onboard with it, but have a question:
Is multiplayer mode available? (wondering if I could play it with my spouse)
(PS3)

Top Bottom