• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops |Sep 1st Reveal|

I see chopper gunner in there. smh, smh.

What's up with the money? I wonder if you can buy streaks now with your points without having to actually get a streak.

edit: or maybe that's what it costs to unlock them.

DRE Fei

Now that the kill streaks rewards don't lead to other streaks (meaning you'd have to get an 11 kill streak with your gun to get the chopper gunner), won't that cause people to camp even more?

Maffis

I thought I read somwehere that killstreak-count carry over to your next life. So if you get 3 kills and then die, and then get a new kill, you will get your 4th killstreak. Hopefully this means (if it is true), that the killstreaks aren't imbalanced again. But it would reduce camping alot.

DoomGyver

DRE Fei said:
Now that the kill streaks rewards don't lead to other streaks (meaning you'd have to get an 11 kill streak with your gun to get the chopper gunner), won't that cause people to camp even more?
edit: what he said.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I am still impressed that Treyarch managed to make the HUD even worse than MW2's.

DRE Fei said:

Maybe, but it's much less likely that someone camping in a room is going to get 11 kills in a row legitimately since killstreak kills don't count towards your next killstreak.

Wow talking about CoD really encourages you to use the word 'kill' as much as possible.

TaKeRx

Wow, I swore the only shooter for me this year was going to be Halo Reach, but damn it if these changes plus new features sound awesome. Yay at no commmando, but I don't know about Chopper Gunner still being in the game.

Oh I forgot about one thing. They mentioned different ammo types earlier in the year. Like Dragon's Breath rounds. Was there any more info from anyplace given on that tonight?

kuYuri

Aselith said:
That's a complete list? :(

It could still change for all we know. People are already complaining about Chopper Gunner even though there's no proof it will even remotely be as good as it was in MW2.

Aselith said:
That's a complete list? :(

Good. Hell, if Chopper Gunner is unchanged, I say they should've removed that too. That sumbish BETTER overheat this time or something. It was very overpowered in MW2.

CryptiK

The game is said to have Persoal UAV's and HeartBeat sensors... this is fucking ridculous everyone will know where everyone is how is it fun? TELL ME!

CryptiK said:
The game is said to have Persoal UAV's and HeartBeat sensors... this is fucking ridculous everyone will know where everyone is how is it fun? TELL ME!

You haven't played the game yet and we haven't heard any complaints as of yet from anyone that has played it. Take a chill pill sir

scoobs

oh my lord... they put gun game in this game. Awesome, I'll only be playing that and I know it :lol

Kind of funny that a 2010 game is ripping off a feature from a 10 year old game like counterstrike but oh well, I'm in!

Aselith

scoobs said:
oh my lord... they put gun game in this game. Awesome, I'll only be playing that and I know it :lol

Kind of funny that a 2010 game is ripping off a feature from a 10 year old game like counterstrike but oh well, I'm in!

The only thing I'm suprised about is that it hasn't been in every shooter since the mod was made. The shit is just good, wholesome fun.

kuYuri

CryptiK said:

Can't believe people still complain about Heartbeat Sensors. :lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
scoobs said:

is it weird that ive never heard of gun game until now and ive played/followed cs for years :lol

of course at least in source i usually just look for dust2 deathmatch and the only other mod i remember playing before that was zombie mod

edit: o yeah and warcraft mod..anyway i should probably find a gun game server next time i fire up css

scoobs

Nelo Ice said:
is it weird that ive never heard of gun game until now and ive played/followed cs for years :lol

of course at least in source i usually just look for dust2 deathmatch and the only other mod i remember playing before that was zombie mod
gun game is the only reason i still play cs daily. Its good quick fun.

AcciDante

I'm not a fan of UAV's in general, but I still think 3 kills for a UAV, and now an RC car is way too little. It's so easy to get a 3 kill streak in a game this fast.

Strider2K99 said:
Can't believe people still complain about Heartbeat Sensors. :lol

People will complain about anything and everything. I've just come to accept it. ;)

They complain about campers. They complain about anti-camping tools like a heartbeat sensor, etc.

Not saying there aren't legit complaints about many things of course. But you generally don't get it in threads like this.

Really going to bed now. If somebody finds out about the ammo stuff I'd really like to know. Maybe its a campaign only thing but I have a feeling they would put something like that in mp.

scoobs

The only thing that had to go from MW2 was commando pro and all the sprinting bull shit. That absolutely ruined the game.

kuYuri

Scout: Longer Breath Hold
Hacker: See enemy equipment (basically Sitrep)
Tactical Mask: Immune to flashbangs and gas (kind of like Shades and Gas Mask perks rolled into one)

Aselith

GeneralIroh said:
Gun game isn't the only thing cod borrowed from cs. CS also had a nice zombie mode as well.

Considering the timing on when the mode was added, I'd say the idea to include a zombie mode wasn't borrowed from the CS mods but rather from more contemporary games.

scoobs

man GT is so slow :( Really bothers me that with a 50mb/s connection i gotta wait 2 minutes to watch an HD video

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
crimsonheadGCN said:
And only one game server provider. (www.gameservers.com)

A GSP that most people consider to be horrible.

Well, at least they can control people better, so chances for leaking server code are lower. DICE had it only after 4 months on the market and still I am yet to hear that somebody plays on pirate servers.

Najaf

GillianSeed79 said:
2:14-2:17 of the youtube video looks like a bolt action rifle.

Sorry man, but that is an M1. Semi auto. I do hope that a bolt action is included. I love non sniper bolt actions.

VariantX

lol i swear i saw someone had their character customization set up so they look like a deer hunter or something in the team deathmatch vid

Top Bottom