• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lyn announced for Fire Emblem Warriors (releases October 20)

PK Gaming

Lucina was guaranteed before everything.

Celica is the stupidest protagonist.
Even Corrin isn't that dumb.

I really couldn't care less. Echoes's bottom class writing in the late game is stupid in general, and Alm has literally everything handed to him on a silver platter, so.

ERICA LINDBECK! GREAT DESIGN! GREAT FOR MOST OF THE GAME.

Sa'll that matters

Jezan

Ok, now I'm in. 👑

Edit: I mean, for The expansion , won't stand more bullshit like they did with Hyrulr Warriors dividing the roster of the Wii U version and 3DS. And f*ck off anyone that comes with the shitty excuses.

HiroTSK5

I really couldn't care less. Echoes's bottom class writing in the late game is stupid in general, and Alm has literally everything handed to him on a silver platter, so.

ERICA LINDBECK! GREAT DESIGN! GREAT FOR MOST OF THE GAME.

Sa'll that matters

Alm: Whether you are Noble or Royalty or what ever doesn't matter!

Rudolph: Actually you are the most Royal Noble who ever lived.

Alm:...

Alm: This changes nothing.

Berkut: Oh what the hell?!

Ike is the character I want the most, but I'm 99% certain he'll make it in eventually. Still glad the other 2 characters I really wanted, Elise and Lyn, are in.

guess that confirms the leak.
Also. Sheeda and maybe Navarre? reminds me of #FE

really kind of feels to me like they added Lyn for the West after seeing the poll results
Still. Just adding Lyn doesn't change much for me. Won't buy for one character

Indeed there is! Here

Ah. new heroes interview. somewhat interesting.

Lmao this makes it sound like they were already making who they thought would win.

Instead of just the winners getting costumes. they switched it to the first two after Lucina lost. So.. Maybe?

L95

You know, they almost have enough Sword character """slots""" in the game to rep one sword lord from each FE game if they swapped out people like Chrom and the OCs and Xander and Ryoma, but they wouldn't do that.

I'm half joking here, but still.... they really shouldn't have said that too many swords comment

The European trailer forgot to edit out Caeda from a cutscene... and alongside her Navarre. So, it seems like the leak wasn't the full line up.

Edit: There's also a pair of shoulder pads in the Navarre shot that don't match any revealed character.

Nice catch.. seeing Navarre there means there could be other playable characters that weren't on the leaked cover. I don't recognize that shoulder armor, though.

Malyse

Fucking announce Lyn, Nintendo.

I'm not buying the game if Lyn isn't in it.

Announce Lyn already.

I still have zero intention of buying this game without Lyn.

Still not gonna buy it without Lyn. I'm dead serious; my purchase hinges entirely on the inclusion of one character.

PUT LYN IN THIS DAMN GAME OR SO HELP ME...

And gimme a damn Lyn amiibo already.

Lyn Amiibo.
tumblr_inline_ok0qllz9gG1szycm1_500.png

At least this guarantees Lyn as playable in FE Warriors.

And now I'm preordering it.

cheez124

Lyn is really popular, huh? I'm still new to Fire Emblem (only finished Awakening), but maybe once I finish Conquest I'll try her game next.

Malyse

Lyn is really popular, huh? I'm still new to Fire Emblem (only finished Awakening), but maybe once I finish Conquest I'll try her game next.

Lyn is my favorite character by far.
latest

Also, LOL she's wearing spats now. Nintendo couldn't have them thighs.

So assuming the leak is real, which means...

C E L I CA

Fuck your Alms. Fuck your Tharja's. Fuck your Ike's, it's CELICA BABY

Yes. YES. YES! Celica takes a DUMP on all these Fates/Awakening bois, LET'S GOOOOOO, FE Warriors REDEEMED!

Edit: they gave Lyn shorts? Wtf preorder cancelled!

She was the West very first Fire Emblem protagonist. Plus she's a genuine good character in terms of writing and design

(Not counting Melee by the way)

Thud

It's the first character western players saw aside from Roy and Marth. You start the game with her campaign.

Blazing Blade is mostly Eliwood's story, but Lyn and Hector shine more brightly in it.

NeonZ

Nah, it turns out the shoulder armor is just Chrom's. The camera pans further and shows him in the Direct version of the trailer (and of course, Navarre and Caeda aren't there in that one).

Shinypogs

You shouldn't be.

The franchise would be dead entirely without you newer fans. Too many of the older fans just can't seem to voice their disappointment with the roster without coming off like elitist dickheads. Keep loving Awakening and Fates y'all.

To be fair I came into the series with conquest and while I fucking love that game, especially on lunatic, I have found fe 6, 7 and PoR to be incredibly enjoyable and much better than awakening which is my least liked game followed closely by fe 8.

I get that some people are being real morons about shit ( I want the thot meme to die so badly) but it's not just older fans who'd prefer to see more characters from games outside the 3ds era and who feel some characters from the new games are undeservedly popular/ spotlighted. *

I'm hopeful that more remakes likes echoes will give people a chance to come to appreciate the older games they might have missed ( or that were not released in english) and their rosters. Warriors being a 3ds fest makes it harder to introduce people to new characters they might care about by reinforcing the idea that because the 3ds games were popular they are the only ones to matter and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy of things starring only those characters selling well when that's primarily what's offered and promoted. It's like saying girls like pink a lot because they buy many pink things but for a long time it was hard as shit to find things that were for girls and weren't in pink.

*I almost spent money on FE heroes for Ike and Soren when they first showed up. I love that bro duo and would be happy to shell out for a Por and RD remaster duo. I will day one with fucking dlc an fe 4, 6 or 7 remake.I'm here IS I have money let me give it to you.

Golnei

Yeah, glad I'm not the first to notice.

Oh well, still my bestie.

It's kind of unfortunate - the change does diminish the dynamism and core silhouette of the design; kind of undercutting its central appeal. When Smash Bros. has been able to work around it, I'm surprised they weren't able to manage a less drastic solution.

spiritfox

It's kind of unfortunate - the change does diminish the dynamism and core silhouette of the design; kind of undercutting its central appeal. When Smash Bros. has been able to work around it, I'm surprised they weren't able to manage a less drastic solution.

I don't think spats will change the character too much 🤔
Unless it's sarcasm.

Lyn is my favorite character by far.
latest

Also, LOL she's wearing spats now. Nintendo couldn't have them thighs.

I mean, I love Lyn and all but does it really forgive everything else? Even discounting the roster, the game has straight up failed to seriously impress in most aspects IMO. And I say that as a Warriors fan myself.

CazTGG

Everyone complaining about Lyn's new outfit not being as...leggy: You do know she's 15 (16 after the tutorial), right? At least, that's what she was in the Japanese version (they upped her age to 18, 19 after the tutorial in the North American release).

Golnei

I don't think spats will change the character too much 🤔
Unless it's sarcasm.

Just speaking visually, the bare thighs are a critical part of her look - that their compromise has to diminish them to that extent makes it seem very inelegant.

I mean, I love Lyn and all but does it really forgive everything else? Even discounting the roster, the game has straight up failed to seriously impress in most aspects IMO. And I say that as a Warriors fan myself.
Roster isn't a subject I'm gonna tackle since I understand the complaints.

But gameplay and content wise. This looks much better then Hyrule Warriors and they haven't even shown off a lot yet.

Top Bottom