• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

spats

Patch notes

Asl3fY2CQAIv9ph.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
The stat resets were so damn annoying. I liked the game, but the path to get the platinum was just annoying to me and not fun. Otherwise I would have gotten all the trophies before I sold it.

Ein Bear

Incidentally, I really like how the Vita gives you patch notes, instead of just hitting you with a mystery patch like the consoles do.

You sure? I could buy all three directly from the vita store. I have an EU account though, so maybe Ys chronicles is not available in the US.

I'm in the US, and I had to transfer Ys Chronicles with PS3. But it does work at least. I was also surprised to see that Coded Arms transferred over as well.

Respawn

Banned
The Show port is shit. I got rid of it and got the PS3 version instead. Vita version has 3DS tier graphics and the analogs suck for pitching.

Plus the online is damn near unplayably laggy

Speak for yourself I'm enjoying it and own the PS3 version. It's not the best of efforts I agree.

I recently bought and completed the Vita version of Rayman Origins. It's clearly the best version of the game because it doesn't have a frustrating game-breaking glitch. Such a good fit for the platform, too.

The Show port is shit. I got rid of it and got the PS3 version instead. Vita version has 3DS tier graphics and the analogs suck for pitching.

No way, its great, 3ds graphics, the thing looks great, I dont understand this, also you can change analog pitching and swinging, I always do for MLB, I put it just like how MVP baseball was, I cant speak for online.

I recently bought and completed the Vita version of Rayman Origins. It's clearly the best version of the game because it doesn't have a frustrating game-breaking glitch. Such a good fit for the platform, too.

What's the glitch on the other versions?

Also, when
if
we finally get PSOne support, has there been any word as to what kind of library we'll get? I was thinking about trying the King's Field series after enjoying the Souls games so much, and that would be an ideal way to start.

UberTag

xD

It's completely out of tone with the rest of the game so far, that's why it struck me the way it did.
I adored Corpse Party. Picking it up and played through it on my PSP Go upon its release this winter. Can't recommend it enough.

Took a break from clearing through my VITA launch backlog to fully tackle the FFIV Complete Collection.

My memories of FFIV weren't especially fond and that assessment was reinforced during my recent playthrough - although I enjoyed the variety provided by the post-game Lunar Trials content which I had not played through previously despite having picked up the game on GBA a long time ago.

Conversely, I'm playing through The After Years now and having an absolute blast with it. The amount of content in this title (even in a direct comparison with FFIV DS and the WiiWare After Years installments) is positively staggering. Hoping to plug through as much of it as possible this weekend so it's not derailed by Diablo III's launch on Tuesday.

ibu

why do you guys need network ability during uncharted

Party Chat, to actually be connected to the online network and contactable irrespective of what they are doing?

It was a silly feature that should have been optional, and therefore optionally ignored. Not forced upon the gamer...

I may now actually purchase the game... after I have finished Uncharted 3 (sigh).

Number45

I adored Corpse Party. Picking it up and played through it on my PSP Go upon its release this winter. Can't recommend it enough.
I don't suppose you have any tips on avoiding bad endings? I'm at a loss at the moment as to what I can do to actually see the end of the first chapter.

First time through I read the newspaper, which was the only obvious thing I could see I'd done wrong, and found myself getting killed by the shadow in the infirmary. I played through the chapter again, didn't read the newspaper, STILL found myself trapped in the infirmary but this time managed to get out via the matches and rubbing alcohol... only to find Seiko hanging in the toilet and with me unable to do anything about it (I got the bucket, but she was dead when I went back in.

Just trial and error?

UberTag

I don't suppose you have any tips on avoiding bad endings? I'm at a loss at the moment as to what I can do to actually see the end of the first chapter.

First time through I read the newspaper, which was the only obvious thing I could see I'd done wrong, and found myself getting killed by the shadow in the infirmary. I played through the chapter again, didn't read the newspaper, STILL found myself trapped in the infirmary but this time managed to get out via the matches and rubbing alcohol... only to find Seiko hanging in the toilet and with me unable to do anything about it (I got the bucket, but she was dead when I went back in.

Just trial and error?
I hate to break this to you but
finding Seiko hanging in the toilet
is the GOOD ending to Chapter 1.

And is only the tip of the iceberg of what you can expect in upcoming chapters.

<cackles maniacally>

Wow I thought the exact opposite. I sold my PS3 version as the Vita version looked and played better for me. But hey, opinions.

And I'm having no bigger problem with the lag on Vita than I did on PS3.

Number45

I hate to break this to you but
finding Seiko hanging in the toilet
is the GOOD ending to Chapter 1.

And is only the tip of the iceberg of what you can expect in upcoming chapters.

<cackles maniacally>
That's odd, because it came up with "wrong end" for me. Just going through it again now.

Anybody here have Gods Eater Burst? Just bought it and I want to do multiplayer with people. I made a room on Ad Hoc Party and with Vita it works flawlessly so if you do add me on PSN. And if my friends list is full send me a message and let me know.
PSN: KILLTHEM16

Nekobo

Anybody here have Gods Eater Burst? Just bought it and I want to do multiplayer with people. I made a room on Ad Hoc Party and with Vita it works flawlessly so if you do add me on PSN. And if my friends list is full send me a message and let me know.
PSN: KILLTHEM16

I have it. My PSN handle is Nekobo1. I also have Phantasy Star Portable 2 (doesn't work on American Vitas, sadly) if anyone wants to play a few missions

Number45

Been thinking of picking up GEB, does it really not support infrastructure? They didn't have to be THAT faithful to their inspiration. :(

I have it. My PSN handle is Nekobo1. I also have Phantasy Star Portable 2 (doesn't work on American Vitas, sadly) if anyone wants to play a few missions

If PSP2 worked on American Vitas I wouldnt even care about GEB. I just need my PSP2 similar fix lol

Anyways, Friend request sent.

Been thinking of picking up GEB, does it really not support infrastructure? They didn't have to be THAT faithful to their inspiration. :(

No infrastructure at all. Sad really. It's not half bad. Definitely better than MH imo. But I hated MH.

Jasoneyu

If PSP2 worked on American Vitas I wouldnt even care about GEB. I just need my PSP2 similar fix lol

So mad they pulled it from the PSN, it was one of the reasons I got the vita was to play all the psp classics and PSO games i missed.

Nekobo

No infrastructure at all. Sad really. It's not half bad. Definitely better than MH imo. But I hated MH.

I'll online tonight after 8pm PST...and I think I'll be free tomorrow afternoon. I haven't gotten far (the first tutorial lol), so you're probably gonna have to do all the heavy lifting.

So mad they pulled it from the PSN, it was one of the reasons I got the vita was to play all the psp classics and PSO games i missed.

Ditto. I'd love to play my PSN copy on my Vita. It's more comfy to hold, the screen is bigger, and being able to map the camera to the second analog stick...blargh, damn you Sega of America.

You think that sucks I bought it on day one digital for PSP so when Vita came out I could just continue on...=[

I'll online tonight after 8pm PST...and I think I'll be free tomorrow afternoon. I haven't gotten far (the first tutorial lol), so you're probably gonna have to do all the heavy lifting.

8pm PST thats...11pm est I think? I should be up. And tmrw afternoon ill be free almost guaranteed.
It's cool dude, I just got done with the first mission set (tutorials pretty much) and went to Difficulty 2 missions.

cyborg009

Banned

I never play GEB on ad-hoc i thought the vita couldn't work it?

If i find the UMD I'll try to setup my wired connection to play

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Target had it for $40 a few weeks ago and you could of traded in 2x ps1 shit games for a $20 coupon which stacked with sale = $20 for me. Wish I could of made a thread...was a crazy sale.
Heh, yup. I traded in PSX games, and a friend traded in PS2 Network discs.

Nekobo

8pm PST thats...11pm est I think? I should be up. And tmrw afternoon ill be free almost guaranteed.
It's cool dude, I just got done with the first mission set (tutorials pretty much) and went to Difficulty 2 missions.

Awesome. I better dig out my headset because I get the feeling it's one of those games where you have to communicate with your allies lol.

Number45

Pretty sure the only way to die in ch1 is if you don't read the newspaper in that one room, or if you get caught by the shadow thing.
Wait, DON'T read it? I read it first time and assumed that was what caused me the problems, maybe that's where I'm going wrong. I'll check again tomorrow. :)

I just picked up some cheapo ebay ones myself, should do the job of keeping the back protected and I never look at the back so it doesn't have to be pretty.
Really hate any sort of glossy plastic, stuff scratches like theres no tomorrow, and I've been keeping mine its its case.

Im going to order one of those cosmos vita screen protectors.

PIV6G.jpg

I have and really like the waterfield suede pocket. It comes in handy as an in between when a larger case like the hori is to cumbersome.

What's the glitch on the other versions?

There's a level where you have to chase a treasure chest while a pirate ship shoots at you. Near the end, you have to do a series of wall kicks and the screen scrolling fucks up and kills you. I've done that level at least fifty times on the PS3 and have been unable to complete it. Vita version: first try.

does the pc version have said glitch? Was thinking of picking that up.

I don't know. I know the PS3 and 360 versions have it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom