• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple reports of joycon connectivity issues in Switch previews

It's not axe proof either.

xUPGcDvGAdKuSl4qUo.gif

Makes me think of The Walking Dead.

"Taking it like a CHAMP!"

KAL2006

Banned
not sure now, some are claiming issues they were having before the update are gone, but eurogamer made a quick update to their test claiming otherwise,,

Oh well then it seems to not be fixed with day 1 patch

So this is likely not patchable or Nintendo hasn't been able to release the fix just yet.

Oh well then it seems to not be fixed with day 1 patch

So this is likely not patchable or Nintendo hasn't been able to release the fix just yet.

well thats what im not sure of, some people say when updating with the joycons attached to the switch fixes the issue, or rebooting with the joycons after update also fixes the issue if you did not update with the joycons attached to the system, while eurogamer says that it did not do so

im gonna test this for myself once i get my switch tomorrow

Nairume

Banned
so i got my switch, i can not replicate the left joycon issues in anyway in the way gamexplain shows
I could before the patch, but only after moving more than 15 feet away and put it behind my back and stuff.

After the patch, it took an extra ten feet and a wall to get it to start dropping.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
No issue for le :)

I used the neon joy-cons bundled with Snipperclips, I'll try with the original grey bundled with the console later.

I could before the patch, but only after moving more than 15 feet away and put it behind my back and stuff.

After the patch, it took an extra ten feet and a wall to get it to start dropping.

yeah, i had to go to the other side of my house and put it behind my back and cover it completely for the left joycon to drop

Do you have any devices in the area that could potentially disrupt the signal?

Raitaro

Just to chime in after my initial play session today: My gray left joy-con is definitely giving me problems after downloading the patch.

I've been using the grip while the system is 3 metres or so away and sitting docked behind the TV (which can't be avoided at my parent's place unfortunately), which I feel should be an acceptable distance and set-up.

Zelda became literally unplayable after the first 20 minutes or so when the left joy-con started to desync and then to refuse to resync or stay synced after I managed to sync it again by standing closer and/or removing the joy-con from the grip. Quite often Link would simply keep running in a random direction as if the analogue stick got wrongly calibrated all of a sudden, or all the buttons would suddenly stop responding alltogether while these syncing problems were happening.

Luckily I managed to snag a pro controller as well otherwise I would be quite pissed about this. Now, I'm mostly worried a left joy-con recall might be needed to fix the issue.

OmegaFax

My left Joy-Con already desynced entirely on me once (sides were lighting up).

Otherwise, I'm literally arm's length away from my Switch docked and I'm getting issues with the analog stick.

I'm interested in the type of interference that is causing the connection issue. Are people having problems playing with the controller under a blanket or through fabric? Or is it just more solid interference?

Instro

I'm interested in the type of interference that is causing the connection issue. Are people having problems playing with the controller under a blanket or through fabric? Or is it just more solid interference?

I would say that I am about 8 feet away from my console and connections problems are pretty easy to duplicate. Pretty much if my leg or arm gets in front of it, left joy con starts acting up. Definitely an issue. Glad I have a pro controller.

lenovox1

My left Joy-Con already desynced entirely on me once (sides were lighting up).

Otherwise, I'm literally arm's length away from my Switch docked and I'm getting issues with the analog stick.

Put in a support ticket with Nintendo. Tell them you are returning it.

You should not be having these issues regardless of your setup.

Top Bottom