• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Savitar

So something about how demons die has been bothering me

I thought that if you killed a demon in the nether they die for good. in the trailer Illidan says that every demon that dies on argus dies its last death

But then in some world quests they say that they will be reborn in Antorus using the titan soul

so which one is it

When it comes to writing Blizzard is a bit inconstant, prone to changes and going back on what they said.

Example: The Burning Legion, there is only one across all time and space, the Legion you fought in WoD was the same Legion in the regular world etc. For a time during WoD this was their stance much to the shock of many. A few months later Blizzard realized how stupid that was and quietly said no, different Legions, that they were not the same.

Or you can look at in the latest expansion when you go to Argus you got one guy who basically calls Velen a coward for fleeing and he should be executed. Later you watch a cut scene of said character telling Velen to flee and get the others to safety while he and a few remain.

TheYanger

When it comes to writing Blizzard is a bit inconstant, prone to changes and going back on what they said.

Example: The Burning Legion, there is only one across all time and space, the Legion you fought in WoD was the same Legion in the regular world etc. For a time during WoD this was their stance much to the shock of many. A few months later Blizzard realized how stupid that was and quietly said no, different Legions, that they were not the same.

Or you can look at in the latest expansion when you go to Argus you got one guy who basically calls Velen a coward for fleeing and he should be executed. Later you watch a cut scene of said character telling Velen to flee and get the others to safety while he and a few remain.

I mean, you're talking about a character who became a bitter ghost over time. That's the same kiind of progression for a character that happens in all kinds of fiction.

Adaren

I heard from a guildie that Relinquished tokens don't interact with the bad luck protection system; they're just a flat chance at a Legendary.

Can anyone confirm that? He said he thinks he heard it in a Dev Q&A, but I haven't been able to find a source.

Loxley

"Father...is it...over?"

cIvPQna.png

Story-wise, Northrend's quests still hold up the best. Fuck Blade's Edge Mountains.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm assuming you can only do one greater invasion a week right? It always seems to be the same boss in there no matter which alt I play.

I've been thinking about doing some character pruning. There's just so much to do that I'll never have the time to do it all and I might as well get rid of the characters that I don't play often so I'm not likely to waste time on them doing something I'd much prefer to get done on a character I actually care about.

Sölf

So, while I am barely playing any WoW at the moment (I already considered to stop my sub, but it renewed on the same day a few hours earlier, so, eh, this lasts me til november at least), but what I've seen of Argus, I totally love it. I can understand the criticism of it being hard getting around and the mob density, but I just love this. Also, the whole thing just feels like a mini expansion, even more so next week once the final part of the story unlocks.

Also, I found a quest today that rewarded me with the Fel Heart of Argus. During that quest you get to visit the Arcatraz and that just showed me again that Blizzard really should use old locations for solo questing purpose. Why not send the player in older zones or dungeons? I would love to see the story in these areas get proper progess.

Bisnic

Anyone experiencing some weird lag on Argus recently, more specifically Antoran Wastes? My latency on both "home" & "world" are fine (33ms), yet i'm sometimes lagging like if I was at 300+.

Robin64

Getting really fucking sick of an Invasion being complete, just about to loot the boss, then someone leaves the raid group and it phases to another incomplete invasion. You get the items in the post, but not the Argus Waystones, despite getting a letter saying you do.

cdyhybrid

Getting really fucking sick of an Invasion being complete, just about to loot the boss, then someone leaves the raid group and it phases to another incomplete invasion. You get the items in the post, but not the Argus Waystones, despite getting a letter saying you do.

You should get them. Try relogging and they should appear in your currency tab.

They've got to change how the player character is attached to the mount. The fixed static pose with zero animation just doesn't cut it.

I've been thinking about doing some character pruning. There's just so much to do that I'll never have the time to do it all and I might as well get rid of the characters that I don't play often so I'm not likely to waste time on them doing something I'd much prefer to get done on a character I actually care about.

If you have a bunch of toons to 110 in all of the different classes, why delete them? Who knows what changes 8.0 will bring, just shelve the 110's you have no interest in playing for the rest of Legion and keep them in case you want to try out those classes in Rise of the Old Gods/Surprise the Lich King is Back/Hey Another Horde Faction Leader is Going Batshit Crazy/Guess what, Jaina's a Dread-Lord For Realsies/whatever.

If you have a bunch of toons to 110 in all of the different classes, why delete them? Who knows what changes 8.0 will bring, just shelve the 110's you have no interest in playing for the rest of Legion and keep them in case you want to try out those classes in Rise of the Old Gods/Surprise the Lich King is Back/Hey Another Horde Faction Leader is Going Batshit Crazy/Guess what, Jaina's a Dread-Lord For Realsies/whatever.

Oh, they're just low level characters that I may never return to. For example, I thought I wanted a second druid, a troll one since I love how their default appearances look now that the textures have been updated, but I may just race change my main one at some point.

I wish I could transmog my artifact from one appearance to another. I want to keep gathering credit for my Zandalar Champion appearance but I want my character to wield Doomhammer.

cdyhybrid

I wish I could transmog my artifact from one appearance to another. I want to keep gathering credit for my Zandalar Champion appearance but I want my character to wield Doomhammer.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20947822

Artifacts

Hidden Appearances – You are no longer required to be using your current specialization’s Hidden Artifact Appearance to gain progress towards unlocking its 3 color variants. You can now gain progress towards unlocking the 3 color variants of your Artifact’s Hidden Appearances set while you are in any spec and using any Artifact appearance.

Challenge Appearances – You are no longer required to be using your current specialization’s Challenge Artifact Appearance to gain progress towards unlocking its 3 color variants. You can now gain progress towards unlocking the 3 color variants of your Artifact’s Challenge Appearances set while you are in any spec and using any Artifact appearance, as long as you have unlocked the base challenge appearance for a given spec.

The Appearance requirement “Defeat all Legion dungeons” has been changed to “Complete 10 different Legion dungeons”, and now includes Seat of the Triumvirate.

lazygecko

Been working on recreating Scarlet Monastery (pre-MoP remake, of course) in the Skyrim CK.

Layout for the library wing is more or less finished, sans decoration and lighting in some rooms. Then it's on to the graveyard, armory, and cathedral. Then of course there's the matter of creating NPCs, custom gear, and scripting boss encounters and such, heh.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Been working on recreating Scarlet Monastery (pre-MoP remake, of course) in the Skyrim CK.

Layout for the library wing is more or less finished, sans decoration and lighting in some rooms. Then it's on to the graveyard, armory, and cathedral. Then of course there's the matter of creating NPCs, custom gear, and scripting boss encounters and such, heh.

DAmn dude, that looks awesome!

Just finished Xylem on my Sub Rogue!

Not a huge fan of the appearances though, very understated. I think the challenge skin for assassination is better IIRC.

I'll probably try that next time it's up. Don't have the binds/am not practiced enough in sin to complete it right now I think, even though it's supposed to be one of the stupid easy ones.

Took me only about 13 tries I think for the Sub one at ~923 ilvl. I didn't have drums though and that would've saved me an attempt where I wiped at 6mil when the void boss enraged and I wasn't quite ready for it.

Much fewer phases now compared to when I did it on my DH months ago. Certainly easier than before, but still not a complete joke --- even with gear I would expect someone who isn't familiar with the encounter to take awhile getting it right.

Antorus stuff will (mostly) trivialize it though, especially with the Netherlight Crucible bonuses.

cdyhybrid

This so dope 😍😍😍😍

Not a huge fan of the appearances though, very understated. I think the challenge skin for assassination is better IIRC.

I'll probably try that next time it's up. Don't have the binds/am not practiced enough in sin to complete it right now I think, even though it's supposed to be one of the stupid easy ones.

Took me only about 13 tries I think for the Sub one at ~923 ilvl. I didn't have drums though and that would've saved me an attempt where I wiped at 6mil when the void boss enraged and I wasn't quite ready for it.

Much fewer phases now compared to when I did it on my DH months ago. Certainly easier than before, but still not a complete joke --- even with gear I would expect someone who isn't familiar with the encounter to take awhile getting it right.

Antorus stuff will (mostly) trivialize it though, especially with the Netherlight Crucible bonuses.
Sin skin is >>>> the Sub one, but the Sub skin is probably still the best Sub one overall. The rest are ugly as hell.

I beat Agatha for the Unholy skin and then tried it again for Outlaw and got rekt. Just so much easier with Unholy's spread damage.

Also, yeah, Sin is super easy. It was the first one I beat and Rogue is my alt.

The game really shows its age with how difficult it is to go through all your class hall stuff in-game, versus the mobile app. Same with the AH. The entire UI I guess. Mail, attachments, and so on

Entropia

No One Remembers

Grats!

Now that my rogue is pretty well geared up, I may try for the assassination appearance next time the tower is up.

Savitar

I tried out the mage tower on three classes, heard much about them, thought to myself it couldn't be that bad.......;_; Yeah being around 900 probably wasn't a good idea.

I loved the end missions in the druid (mount) campaign. Felt like an unstoppable force of nature, fighting waves of enemies, then advancing on the ship to face Infazzar. It had some gameplay issues (attack one mob and a dozen turn on you at Mount Hyjal), but I really had a great time with the druid content. The DK stuff is still "better", but I enjoy being a druid more than a Legion DK.

I have a lot of alts. :/

Fjordson

Holy shit, this is awesome.

I finally got a second one on my Monk off an Invasion Point boss, which I didnt realize could drop them at the time.
Oh really?? Was that one of the lesser invasion bosses? Or the weekly greater invasion?

Syf

Banned
Tfw you get a new shaman to 21 only to remember you have a 108 shaman on another server already. I officially have too many alts.

erawsd

Holy shit, this is awesome.

Oh really?? Was that one of the lesser invasion bosses? Or the weekly greater invasion?

It was a lesser invasion. I actually wonder if they're the stand in for the broken shore resource bags.

Speaking of which, I got Pryzdaz which was super deflating at the time. However, for a character I'm mainly gearing up through Argus catch up, it has been real nice. Also a money saver since I don't have to buy barding to avoid daze anymore.

Got a couple of characters at 110, but I wouldn't say I have alts, just different attempts at figuring out a new main. Dunno how some of you roll with so many different toons.

I tried out the mage tower on three classes, heard much about them, thought to myself it couldn't be that bad.......;_; Yeah being around 900 probably wasn't a good idea.

Depends on the class but it's viable to complete the challenges around the 900 ilvl provided you have the right defensive/utility legendaries.

I keep getting a chat message of "You are not in a guild" on all of my characters. None of which are in guilds. Just started today. I did Trial of Valor in LFR and kept getting "You are not in a raid" as well. Can't figured out what is going on.

Edit: Seems to be related to an addon that was updated earlier today. Disabling it fixed the issue.

Bisnic

What's better between Affliction & Destruction warlocks for simply questing? Trying Demonology right now at lvl 100, but it's overly complex and not fun to play for me, and I can barely benefit the power of my temporary demons or Doom with monsters dying so fast.
I like the simplicity of my frost mage for example.

cdyhybrid

What's better between Affliction & Destruction warlocks for simply questing? Trying Demonology right now at lvl 100, but it's overly complex and not fun to play for me, and I can barely benefit the power of my temporary demons or Doom with monsters dying so fast.
Aff. Impossible to kill so you just dot everything and watch it die.

Destruction is a little on the boring side. Warlock was my main in vanilla, and again in MoP, but it's in a bland place right now. Shards are just a strange system for how WoW plays right now, and I say that remembering that we used to have a soul bag to hold the item versions.

cdyhybrid

Destruction is a little on the boring side. Warlock was my main in vanilla, and again in MoP, but it's in a bland place right now. Shards are just a strange system for how WoW plays right now, and I say that remembering that we used to have a soul bag to hold the item versions.
Gotta log in an hour before raid to farm soul shards!

Entropia

No One Remembers

I've only played Affliction this expansion on my Lock, and I found it pretty enjoyable.

aff easily. you cant die. tank pet and demon skin with life steal

Fjordson

First legendary on my warlock is one of the worst for Afflic (Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish).

Fuck legendaries man. Don't even want to play this toon now.

First legendary on my warlock is one of the worst for Afflic (Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish).

Fuck legendaries man. Don't even want to play this toon now.

Well on the bright side you got one of the worst out of the way. Only way is up now, lol.

But it's unfortunate that it takes a few weeks or longer for the next to drop. They really should have implemented some sort of trade-in system.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Well on the bright side you got one of the worst out of the way. Only way is up now, lol.

But it's unfortunate that it takes a few weeks or longer for the next to drop. They really should have implemented some sort of trade-in system.

The first three don't take that long.

KJ for your first probably isn't that terrible either, since you probably don't have great trinkets anyway, having that one while you gear up will be a bigger boon than having a "good" legendary and not enough haste to get the most out of it anyway.5

Top Bottom