• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf | JP Version OT |

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Building a basement now. Will have to pay off 428,000b tomorrow D:

Next maybe expand the 2nd floor I think. Once thats maxed will work on adding more rooms to the first floor.

With the camp done need to decide what to build next in the town. Really would like a third bridge... and now will have to figure out how to make 128,000b by tonight for the bridge so its done by tomorrow. Back to the island it is then lol
Am curious what the purpose of the かこい is and 井戸 does.

Some pics from the last 48 hours.

www.dotup.org3617480.jpg

www.dotup.org3617483.jpg

Stereotype

www.dotup.org3617489.jpg

Hammerhead Shark

www.dotup.org3617494.jpg

Fucking Clown Fish

www.dotup.org3617497.jpg

Sawshark

www.dotup.org3617502.jpg

Butterfly Fish

www.dotup.org3617506.jpg

Nautilus

www.dotup.org3617511.jpg

Shako/Mantis Shrimp

www.dotup.org3617512.jpg

Sea Urchin

www.dotup.org3617515.jpg

Fucking Sunfish

Parakeetman

Id kill to be able to skip that stupid singing part on the way to the island. As amusing as some of the songs are. Its a waste of time personally and I hate it when game design includes unskippable things like that.

Some notes:

I had Ozumondo (A koala) stay in the tent. He said he liked my village, and wanted to move there, but he wasn't 100% sure. So he figured he would decide by playing rock paper scissors. I lost though, so I had to give him an item.

Edit: You can apparently keep trying. I got him to move in after answering a question.
What can you use in the dark and when its bright. Answer: a lamp

I also changed my town to be active during the night (Done by sitting in the mayor's chair and selecting the second option. It costs 20k). It's been useful for me. I'm just bummed that I had to pay 20k for it.

StayDead

Some notes:

I had Ozumondo (A koala) stay in the tent. He said he liked my village, and wanted to move there, but he wasn't 100% sure. So he figured he would decide by playing rock paper scissors. I lost though, so I had to give him an item.

I also changed my town to be active during the night (Done by sitting in the mayor's chair and selecting the second option. It costs 20k). It's been useful for me. I'm just bummed that I had to pay 20k for it.

I chose that option too. Nook's and Able's stay open until 12AM and the recycle shop until 1AM. So much better for a person like me who wakes up at 9AM and has to do stuff in the mornings and plays in the nights mainly.

Mik2121

What do the other things do? Also, back in the GC days if you kept buying stuff off Nook's store, he would upgrade the place and eventually become 24h. Is it the same this time?

Parakeetman

What do the other things do? Also, back in the GC days if you kept buying stuff off Nook's store, he would upgrade the place and eventually become 24h. Is it the same this time?

To answer the first question
(1)【眠らない村条例】
みんなで夜更かし!プレイ時間が夜になる方は、この条例がオススメです。お店の閉店時間が遅くなったり、住民の就寝時間が遅くなる効果があります。

(2)【朝型の村条例】
村のみんなを朝型にします。お店の開店時間や住民の起床時間が早くなる効果があります。早い時間にプレイすることが多い方にオススメ。

(3)【リッチな村条例】
お金稼ぎに最適?夢のリッチ生活!お店に並ぶ商品の値段が上がる代わりに、リサイクルショップで買い取ってくれる金額も上がる効果があります。

(4)【美しい村条例】
村を美しくする条例です。ゴミやゴキブリを出なくする効果や、雑草が生えにくくする効果があります。

Am real tempted to switch to the third option.

I could have sworn I saw a pic of the store looking like a convenience store. So possibly?

Also just paid off the 3rd bridge. Now to make the 428,000 for the basement expansion. Shouldnt be that bad. Considering can bring back a little more than 100k a pop from the island.

Famitsu says it goes 1st store -->
Convenience Store --> Supermarket --> Home Center --> ??? --> 3 story department store (allegedly Gracie appears on the 3rd floor)

Conditions:

Tommy & Timmy's Shop Remodel
Convenience Store: 1. Be mayor for 7 days, 2. Have a house (not a tent), 3. Have spent 12,000 bells at the store, or bought 15 or more items

Supermarket: 1. Have been a convenience store for 10 days or more, 2. Gardening Shop has been open 10 days or more, 3. All players must have spent more than 25,000 bells at the Convenience store.

Items Available By Store Type
Tanuki Store
・Fortune Cookie ×1
・Equip-able Item ×2
・Letter Paper ×1
・Wrapping Paper×1
・Furniture ×2

Convinience Store
・Fortune Cookie×2
・Medicine×1
・Equip-able Item ×3
・Wrapping Paper×1
・Carpet ×1
・Wallpaper ×1
・Letter Paper ×1
・Furniture×3
Can use the catalog.

Supermarket
・Fortune Cookie×2
・Medicine×1
・Equip-able Item×3
・Wrapping Paper×1
・Carpet×2
・Wall Paper×2
・Letter Paper ×2
・Melody Card ×1
・Wall Furniture×1
・Furniture ×3

Home Center
*Lazy's Gardening Store merges with Home Center
・Fortune Cookie×2
・Medicine×1
・Equip-able Item×3
・Wrapping Paper×1
・Carpet×2
・Wall Paper×2
・Writing Paper×2
・Melody Card×1
・Music×1
・Wall Furniture ×1
・Furniture×4

Department Store
*Gracie Grace opens on 3rd floor
・Fortune Cookie ×2
・Medicine×1
・Equip-able Item×3
・Wrapping Paper×1
・Carpet ×2
・Wall Paper×2
・Writing Paper×2
・Melody Card×1
・Music ×2
・Wall Furniture×2
・Furniture×5
・Gardening Store Furniture×1
・Gardening Store Item×2
・Flower Seed×2
・Tree Sapling ×1
・Shrub Sapling×2
・Fertilizer×1
・Bamboo shoot or カキ×1

How to open the Gardening Store (with Lazy, the sloth):
1. Have been mayor for 5 or more days.
2. Have either a) watered flowers, b) planted a tree or flower, and c) pulled a weed at least 30 times combined.

How to access furniture refurbishment at the recycle shop:
1. Have been living in the village seven or more days.
2. Have 50 or more items in your catalog and 10 or more tops.
3. Have sold things at the Recycle Shop for more than a combined total of 100,000 bells.

How to access QR Codes:
Make friends with Asami/あさみ/Sable by talking to her everyday behind the sewing machine. This occurs several days after receiving the mannequin from her.

How to get Shank's Shoes:
1. Have been mayor for 10 or more days.
2. Have spent more than 8000 bells at the Sable Sisters.
Takes 3 days for construction.

How to open Club 444
Dr. Shrunk will appear one day outside your house.
You need to collect 6 signatures from the villagers for him to get permission to build the club. It takes a few days to complete

How to upgrade the museum (shop & own exhibitions)
Donate all fish, bugs, fossils, and artworks and then complete a public building project.

Requirements for being able to go to the Island:

1. Have paid of the deposit and loan for the 1st 4X4 house (after the tent)
2. The next day Shizue will introduce information about the old mayor when you start up the game.
3. Go talk to Tortimer at the docks on the beach.
4. From the next day, Kap'n and his boat will be waiting for you at the docks. Cost to ride to the island is 1,000 bells.

How to open the Dream Emproium
1. Have access to public building projects for 7 or more days
2. Have completed 1 or more public building projects.
The Emporium must be completed as a building project. Cost is 234000 bells.

How to open the Salon:
1. Shoe Shanks has been open for 7 or more days
2. Have spent more than 10,000 bells at the Able Sisters and/or Shoe Shanks.
Construction takes 3 days.

Can get 'make up' to look like your system Mii for 3,000 bells.

There are approximately
new villagers and
making reappearances who may have been absent for a game or two (like Cobb - the pig).
You can have up to 10 animal villagers in your town.
Including those you retrieve by diving there are approximately
new types of bugs and fish to collect.
You can order furniture you like from the model homes.

Mik2121

To answer the first question
(1)【眠らない村条例】
みんなで夜更かし!プレイ時間が夜になる方は、この条例がオススメです。お店の閉店時間が遅くなったり、住民の就寝時間が遅くなる効果があります。

(2)【朝型の村条例】
村のみんなを朝型にします。お店の開店時間や住民の起床時間が早くなる効果があります。早い時間にプレイすることが多い方にオススメ。

(3)【リッチな村条例】
お金稼ぎに最適?夢のリッチ生活!お店に並ぶ商品の値段が上がる代わりに、リサイクルショップで買い取ってくれる金額も上がる効果があります。

(4)【美しい村条例】
村を美しくする条例です。ゴミやゴキブリを出なくする効果や、雑草が生えにくくする効果があります。

I could have sworn I saw a pic of the store looking like a convenience store. So possibly?

Also just paid off the 3rd bridge. Now to make the 428,000 for the basement expansion. Shouldnt be that bad. Considering can bring back a little more than 100k a pop from the island.

Uhm... out of those options, 眠らない村条例 sounds the best imo. I guess I will go with it.

Edit: Yeah I got the Gardening Store. I didn't check for the Convenience just to not spoil it, but I hope it's not difficult! :D

Parakeetman

Famitsu says it goes 1st store -->
Convenience Store --> Supermarket --> Home Center --> ??? --> 3 story department store

Conditions:
Convenience Store: 1. Be mayor for 7 days, 2. Have a house (not a tent), 3. Have spent 12,000 bells at the store, or bought 15 or more items

Supermarket: 1. Have been a convenience store for 10 days or more, 2. Gardening Shop has been open 10 days or more, 3. All players must have spent more than 25,000 bells at the Convenience store.

How to open the Gardening Store (with Lazy, the sloth):
1. Have been mayor for 5 or more days.
2. Have either a) watered flowers, b) planted a tree or flower, and c) pulled a weed at least 30 times combined.

time to go buy a ton of wrapping / writing paper then tomorrow

urfe

Quick question: Is there any way a person who wasn't a fan of the other games would be a fan of this one?

Tenck

Quick question: Is there any way a person who wasn't a fan of the other games would be a fan of this one?

There's so much added into this one that warrants a play from people who wrote it off when they played the older titles.

There's so much added into this one that warrants a play from people who wrote it off when they played the older titles.

That being said - the first few days are so similar to the previous games (fish, catch bugs, pay off loan) that if you really hated the older games it may be tough to get through. Once the game opens up a bit more, it's much more than the previous ones.

Deeku

Yay! Good to know. Thanks for the add.

I managed to pay off my first house installment, so I'll be getting a house tomorrow! Yippee! Bought a bug net and a shovel, but no fishing rod yet... I want to go fishing!

Someone named アーサー is moving in tomorrow, as well... I kind of want to Google what they look like but that'd ruin the surprise!
Yep, thanks for adding me too! Maybe do some online this weekend and trade fruit! Maybe post either here or in the AusGAF thread when you wana play! Also, it seems we're playing at a similar pace so that's good.

Today I won a fishing tourney and made a tune for my town. Got some cool items from it the tourney too, eg crab clock and fishy type lamp.

StayDead

Yesterday was 1番 today was 2番

スーパーマリオかべとゆか・・・ゲット!

EDIT: Btw can we get people posting their turnip prices at the recycle store per day? Mine's currently only at 79 bells.

Yesterday was 1番 today was 2番

スーパーマリオかべとゆか・・・ゲット!

EDIT: Btw can we get people posting their turnip prices at the recycle store per day? Mine's currently only at 79 bells.

80 for me right now.

Insaniac

Hey guys, I was playing AC:WW the other day and remembered the awesome museum. I was wondering if anyone with the Japanese version could give some details about the Museum in New Leaf, like how many exhibits there are, how closely you can actually look at exhibits now and stuff.

another question: are the houses that your animal townspeople own more intricately decorated now? Before in WW they were very sparse and boring.

CTLance

Can anyone elaborate on the multiplayer? I've seen literally no coverage of that aspect of the game.
I'm only one of the nutters desperately playing Wild World while eyeing this thread religiously, so I can't give you a personal account, but this snippet of a Nintendo direct video should show some parts. (I've mentioned the list with all parts here before)

Parakeetman

Yeah.. yesterday I don't know what happened, but I went to the island and I just kept getting sharks of all kinds, lol. I went back to my town with 140k bells worth of fish...

Usually at night you seem to get better luck with those larger fish. Since I did the same and brought back about 200k worth. I still need another 200k though currently for the home.
Brought back a ton of bugs too.

Mik2121

Usually at night you seem to get better luck with those larger fish. Since I did the same and brought back about 200k worth. I still need another 200k though currently for the home.
Brought back a ton of bugs too.

Yep, it was night for me as well. Around 9:30 or so.

Do the bugs give you any money at all? Because there are tons of those... :p

Edit: Oh wow, I just saw your updated prices list. Damn... gotta check them out then!

Parakeetman

Yep, it was night for me as well. Around 9:30 or so.

Do the bugs give you any money at all? Because there are tons of those... :p

Edit: Oh wow, I just saw your updated prices list. Damn... gotta check them out then!

Yeah one thing though the kabuto mushi the ones on the palm trees on the beach at night, will run away. This may sound crazy, but you gotta do the slow approach with the net and pay attention to their legs moving. When its moving its ok to move closer. If the bug is stopped I think that means you have its attention and will fly away if you move towards it. So need to wait till it starts moving again. I think its similar to how for example the praying mantis will kinda stand with its claws forward if it notices you and flees if you approach it while its in that animation.

ゆうめいなヒゲ
lol

Still got about 98,000b to pay off on the basement then can work on another part of the home! Shouldnt take too long I think to make that cash. At least 330,000b is out of the way. Do fear what the next price will be for expanding the 2nd floor. D:

I still got a bunch of other stuff from my notebook to add to the list. Will have to do it later when Im back.

Deeku

I bought turnips today for 106, poor decision on reflection. And カブ/株 blew my mind lol.

apricot

Wait, I'm not sure what the time zone is in Australia, but how are you on Sunday? O_O

We're only one or two hours ahead of Japan, depending on whether you live in a state that does daylight savings (I'm in Brisbane, so just one hour ahead). Maybe deek set the time differently or it's not just a Sunday thing anymore?

Deeku

Wait, I'm not sure what the time zone is in Australia, but how are you on Sunday? O_O
Uh oh, I think my dates are wrong. In fact, now that I think about it, I'm certain they're wrong:/

Edit: yeah they're wrong lol. A month behind somehow. Thanks for catching that!

StayDead

Uh oh, I think my dates are wrong. In fact, now that I think about it, I'm certain they're wrong:/

I thought that the other day when you mentioned something else, but I wasn't sure if you were on some wacky time zone.

Sorry for not mentioning it before :p

Parakeetman

HAXS! :D

---

Today I looked through the new folks I got from the streetpass feature and one person has a home with max first floor, left room, right room, basement and 2nd stage second floor? Was pretty crazy. Some people must be doing mad trading to get a lot of the furniture sets like with what Im seeing. Quite impressive!

Im generally looking for Japanese type of furniture / room accessories currently.

What type of sets are you folks looking for? :D

Top Bottom