• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Google let you buy SQ (with gift card/credit) even if you don't have a US account as it will do the currency conversion for you.
This used to work for me when i played Terra Battle. I even used a debit card instead of a prepaid card actually.

I see. Well, I'm asking because I have some money in my Google Account from the Rewards App, and the price actually shows up in Mexican pesos, but when I try to buy something, it appears in USD and it doesn't take into account my Rewards money.

Sciel

buying iTunes codes over email is pretty trivial and safe nowadays. Might even be able to do it internationally over ebay from paypal digital gifts or whatever.
Oh don't get me wrong, I do it all the time.
I just prefer to buy it through my card if given an option.

3aoBD2h.png

Lancelot is np2. Not such good luck with the skill and Ascension drops yet.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Thx, added you! Ingame name is Yun.

Okay, added!

I really hope that as time goes on with this game, they increase drop rate on these events. I'm really really bummed about Talons being so low. I'm probably ~2000 AP deep right now and got maybe 4 Talons total. I was hoping to get enough to get Altera and Vlad ranked up. Not sure I'll hit it before the next event phase.

I thought I could get 15 to 20 claws during the 3 day event. Um... I'm not even going to get enough to ascend my Herc even once, haha. Of course, I did prioritize other characters over him, but just saying. I thought I'd get a bunch.

buying iTunes codes over email is pretty trivial and safe nowadays. Might even be able to do it internationally over ebay from paypal digital gifts or whatever.

Yeah, I buy itunes cards for other regions all the time. Most places are pretty reputable. One gave me a number that was already used, and I raised hell. They refunded me and gave me a new code anyway.

wilstreak

Thanks guys for the recommendation.

Oh, if your Jeanne is at 40 then you'll easily be able to clear the 5 and 10AP. You might be able to do the 20AP if your Herc is at a decent level, and if you have a really good support servant, but it'll be a struggle I think. 30AP is definitely a no go.

The best way to level up the servants is by completing the dailies and getting XP cards.
i have beat the 20AP one with very strong Jeanne friend. But i only got 1 4* XP card + bunch of 3* card). Is that it?

In the dailies, there will be ember gathering quests. Each day 2 classes (e.g Saber/Rider) will be available, so take your best servants that aren't weak to that class and do them. Berserkers appear once in a while on all days. Lvl 40ish should be able to do 20 AP, maybe 30 AP with the help of a good friend. The XP cards you get are used for levelling.

You get brown ones initially, but they give too little XP past around lvl 30. Silver ones are good till about Lvl 50, and you should basically use the 4* Gold ones if you can get them. #) AP drops mostly silver, and 40 AP drops mostly gold. Additionally you get 20% bonus XP if you fuse the same XP card to the servant (so give Herc Berserker cards). Jeanne and Mash are special in that they only get the bonus for ALL-type cards which give the bonus to any servant they are fused to.

oh so basically if i can only beat 20AP for now, it is the best ourse of action for leveling up?

It seems to me that i need 3-4 4* XP card to raise 1 level and 1 20AP quest only gives me 1 4* XP card. it will be a very long grinding.

The best way to get exp is

1. Add some lv80/90 Jeanne friend
2. Use the default mystic code (the one that can heal, evade and atk up)
3. Do the 40 AP Ember gathering quest with two level 1 and the lv 80/90 Jeanne
4. Let your lv 1 die ASAP and proceed to solo with your friend's Jeanne.

What is the purpose of letting 2 lv 1 died?
So i should not bring my Lv 40 jeanne?

Mupod

After getting no claws since the start it gives me two in a row. Oh you, RNG.

Thx, added you! Ingame name is Yun.

oh I think you are on my invites list but wasn't sure if you were GAF. I'm not adding non-GAF people anymore and I cleared out my whole list. I'll accept it later when I can.

elty

Thanks guys for the recommendation.

What is the purpose of letting 2 lv 1 died?
So i should not bring my Lv 40 jeanne?

The purpose is after your lv 1 die, the lv90 Jeanne is the only one left. You will only get card for Jeanne so you can always do Buster + Art + Art 4 hit combo. This will have a higher damage output than if you try to mix in other lower level people.

Remember to either use the Evade skill, or Jeanne NP to tank enemy NP.

wilstreak

The purpose is after your lv 1 die, the lv90 Jeanne is the only one left. You will only get card for Jeanne so you can always do Buster + Art + Art 4 hit combo. This will have a higher damage output than if you try to mix in other lower level people.

oh i see.
but i won't get bond (or whatever it is) then?
is bond valuable?

RSchmitz

I believe apple will let you buy with a prepaid card..

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204034

I know when using JPN itunes store... you used to need to set it up in a way where it didn't force you to store a credit card.. but I believe apple has changed that worldwide to where you can setup any region store without a credit card.

at this point, no it's probably not worth it. However if you started on monday... spending your AP all monday to get the assassin gems makes this week probably worth it, if only because you'll get all of the rest of the gems sans caster just by grinding nero. at this point I only need 1 saber and 2 caster gems.
I did Assassins and Caster on Monday. Caster was tricky because it required interludes but I think it was worth it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Check the servant list at the bottom:

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Talon_of_Chaos

First number is number needed for ascensions, second number is what's needed for skill rank ups. So for example Lancelot is listed as 5/24, so he'll need a total of 5 for all his ascensions and 24 for all the skill ups (a total of 8 are needed for ranking up 1 skill to max, so multiplied by 3 skills that's 24).

Oh, that's a very nice resource. Thanks!

I guess I have some use for them since I've got Heracles (like everyone else).

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
No bond, but this is by far the fastest way to gain exp. High level allows you to complete event while the bond you are getting is inconsequential at the early game.

As long as someone is in the party, they'll get bond points. Even if they die or stay in the back row and never become active.

Hubb

I thought I could get 15 to 20 claws during the 3 day event. Um... I'm not even going to get enough to ascend my Herc even once, haha. Of course, I did prioritize other characters over him, but just saying. I thought I'd get a bunch.

Yep, I was hoping the drop rate was going to be at least a little better than what the current offerings are. Oh well, I guess they don't want us maxing our characters out so soon. Not like I have the gold monuments to do that anyway.

kewlmyc

Check the servant list at the bottom:

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Talon_of_Chaos

First number is number needed for ascensions, second number is what's needed for skill rank ups. So for example Lancelot is listed as 5/24, so he'll need a total of 5 for all his ascensions and 24 for all the skill ups (a total of 8 are needed for ranking up 1 skill to max, so multiplied by 3 skills that's 24).

So excluding ranking up skills, I need 17 total if I want to fully ascend my current party.

Please tell me they're easier to farm in the future.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
so I'm confused.. how do I make sure particular friends show up on support selection.. like I go in my friends list and I see a particular servant there... but then no matter how much I refresh my page during selection it's a crap shoot if a particular servant shows up.

Hubb

so I'm confused.. how do I make sure particular friends show up on support selection.. like I go in my friends list and I see a particular servant there... but then no matter how much I refresh my page during selection it's a crap shoot if a particular servant shows up.

Not sure, I haven't really had an issue with it. Maybe try going to the class of the servant you want an refreshing on that page. No idea if that actually changes/helps in any way, but unless they are manually removing this servant from their support list I don't know why you can't get it to show up fairly regularly.

RSchmitz

It changes, probably because they don´t want you using the same support over and over.
Must keep refreshing. Wait a while if you can´t refresh right away.

Shizuka

2 friend spots open after some cleaning up my list, feel free to add me: 604,079,160.

Wow, this is worse than people giving away free codes, I just tried to add you and you're already full again. You might want to hide your ID or share it within a quote code.

Ehh I can't decide if I should go super casual with this game or just drop it all together. The amount of time needed to farm this event is insane.

XiaNaphryz

Wow, this is worse than people giving away free codes, I just tried to add you and you're already full again. You might want to hide your ID or share it within a quote code.

Nah, it's not just that - when you have friend slots open, your account is also added to the general pool. At the bottom of your list when selecting a Support, you can choose random folks from the general pool, you just can't use their NPs. After finishing a mission with them, you can then send them a friend request if they still have open slots in their friend list at that point in time.

Shizuka

Nah, it's not just that - when you have friend slots open, your account is also added to the general pool. At the bottom of your list when selecting a Support, you can choose random folks from the general pool, you just can't use their NPs. After finishing a mission with them, you can then send them a friend request if they still have open slots in their friend list at that point in time.

Oh, I see. I hope you guys with the super tough Servants add me, I'm weaksauce and my Servants can barely pull through, I certainly need strong friends.

Really? I wish they'd let me play more. I play for like 20-30 minutes twice a day and I am out of ap.

Well I don't know - maybe it's because I play from Europe but everything in this game has super long loading times (I had same trouble with Grandblue) so unless I blow my AP on 40 ap dailes it takes a way too much time to farm.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Ha, what is your code? I will add you. My problem is that I'm always up against the 20 invite limit, so when it says that I'm full, that probably just means I am at the invite max. I will save a spot for you.

Make sure you don´t clean me! I like your Lancelot.

No worries. I only delete ppl who haven't logged in for a few days.

Ehh I can't decide if I should go super casual with this game or just drop it all together. The amount of time needed to farm this event is insane.

Honestly, this game has zero competitive aspects to it. You can not play for a few weeks and you are really no worse off. Just play and enjoy the batshit crazy story and fun characters. That's the main appeal of the game.

Kieli

Well I don't know - maybe it's because I play from Europe but everything in this game has super long loading times (I had same trouble with Grandblue) so unless I blow my AP on 40 ap dailes it takes a way too much time to farm.

Farm while doing something else. That's what I do. I just mute the game and occasionally click buttons while watching a movie or something.

elty

This game is just slow on (my) Android. Works much faster on iPhone.

Zhao_Yun

Are Friendpoints worth saving or should I just spend them?

oh I think you are on my invites list but wasn't sure if you were GAF. I'm not adding non-GAF people anymore and I cleared out my whole list. I'll accept it later when I can.

Thanks! Maybe I should GAF to my IG name for the future :p

borghe

What device are you playing on?

This game is just slow on (my) Android. Works much faster on iPhone.

yeah I was wondering about this.. I am guessing playing in europe doesn't help things (a poor cell connection here and it is frustrating as well), but yeah so many of the videos I see posted to youtube that I'm guessing are on older hardware(?) run poorly between loading and animations.. but my iphone 7 is like a locked 60fps and loading over wifi is instant.

XiaNaphryz

yeah I was wondering about this.. I am guessing playing in europe doesn't help things (a poor cell connection here and it is frustrating as well), but yeah so many of the videos I see posted to youtube that I'm guessing are on older hardware(?) run poorly between loading and animations.. but my iphone 7 is like a locked 60fps and loading over wifi is instant.

I have a bit of a load time between jumping from the menus into battles on my Galaxy S7 Edge, but no performance issues otherwise.

borghe

I have a bit of a load time between jumping from the menus into battles on my Galaxy S7 Edge, but no performance issues otherwise.

yes you are correct. my iphone as well (forgot about that)

Loading... on the screen indicates mostly loading the fight and such.. though connectivity plays a small part (it takes longer on the Loading screen for a battle on LTE than wifi).. Connecting... seems to be 100% pure data connection (or at least vastly dependent on data connection)

Baalzebup

Tonights drops were kind of me and I acquired 2 claws (and my 3rd CE) in something like 8 runs, bringing me up to the total of 7 claw drops during the event (on top of the initial 5). I have now reached my first primary objective, that being ascending both Altera and Vlad for the 3rd time. The rest of my goals for the event aren't quite as obsessive for me, so that is definitely something to celebrate.

What device are you playing on?

LG Flex 2 - slightly downlocked Snapdragon 810 with 2 GB of ram so it should be at least on level of current midrange.

Yeah I got 4 or 5 of those without even trying seriously - and the ones I actually want (Dragon Fangs) I got 1 out of 20+ i need so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom