• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ascension |OT| Gods up, Foes down

Dave_6

Day 1! Had the LE preordered but decided I didn't really need that so just the standard one for me. All I need is the game as I love some God of War!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Nice, but the gifs and images really need to be aligned properly and the bundle image is stretching the forum for me, and there is rarely a greater crime than that, lol.

Where has everyone/anyone pre-ordered from?

Should be -

God of War: Ascension |OT| Bro's before Ho's

I think after the slightly heated discussion in the other topic anything else would be robbing us of a great title.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Should be -

God of War: Ascension |OT| Bro's before Ho's

Kra-Tos Before Hoes.

igP9k7rbTpm9.gif

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I don't think there is one.

Check out the part where the monster emerges from the hand. It suddenly cuts to a different angle and the color profile of the image changes slightly. It then returns to real time when the platform is ripped from the structure.

Go to 13:20. It's not as clear in youtube quality, but once you see it here it's obvious in the actual game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYJ4A53UziQ

It's a clever and mostly seamless use of pre-rendered footage.

Check out the part where the monster emerges from the hand. It suddenly cuts to a different angle and the color profile of the image changes slightly. It then returns to real time when the platform is ripped from the structure.

Go to 13:20. It's not as clear in youtube quality, but once you see it here it's obvious in the actual game.

Looks exactly the same to me and the gameplay never cuts. It is definitely real time i would say

Sid

Yup you're right.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Exciting, I look forward to renting this when it comes out. I enjoyed GOW3, but not enough to buy the next in the series.

Yeah, that sucks... I want that controller too!

Okay, I see what you mean. Doesn't look like any difference in quality to me though.

It's using in-game assets and was probably a video to show a nice animation while cloaking some background loading for the sequence that immediately follows.

ToddPapy

Sony Santa Monica

Great eye. You are correct. Everything else is in game.

Himself

ugh..... a 79 on metacritic. Going to pass on this one

Using metacritic as the basis for purchasing something is slightly absurd. No?

My favorite suggestion for an OT title comes from the reviews thread, though I forgot who said it exactly:

God of War: Ascension OT-Trophy Furies

It's like a triple entendre!

Hanmik

ugh..... a 79 on metacritic. Going to pass on this one

had this been post 79 I would have said this was a Joke post. But because your post is even lower than GOW:Ascension´s Metacritic score, I´m just going to pass on your post.

Considering The Last of Us is shaping up to be the RE4 of this generation. No.

I still love God of War.

The Last of Us won't touch RE4 with a....well, something extremely long!--in terms of quality. That game was a masterpiece.

Yeah I've been going back and forth on it. At least it isn't a 100 bucks or something.

I was, too, then a guy who did an unboxing of the CE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS1LeoNO6_I) said the online pass, season pass, and the rest of the content are separate DLC codes. So at the very least, I figure I'd be able to sell the season pass for $20 on eBay if I don't want that content.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Okay, I see what you mean. Doesn't look like any difference in quality to me though.

It's not supposed to look "better," it's probably just because that scene has too much going on to render at 30fps or something. They did the same thing in GOW3's intro and it was hard to spot there as well.

When you're playing the game on a TV in front of you, if you're looking for it you can see a slight desaturation of the color during the video part, but it's really no big deal.

The Last of Us won't touch RE4 with a....well, something extremely long!--in terms of quality. That game was a masterpiece.

In regard to The Last of Us, I think it quite possibly could be RE4 tier. It's by Naughty Dog who are one of the greatest developers around, it's by key members of the Uncharted 2 team, which is regarded as one of the best games this generation on any platform. The Last of Us seems to be doing groundbreaking work, in terms of A.I and random generated set pieces - stuff that could be a real game changer. I think it may well end up as the masterpiece of this generation, and seen as being just as significant as RE4 was back in the PS2 days.

I'm sure they said the same thing about RE4 when it was coming out.

And it blew everyone's minds when it came out. Not many games are that masterfully designed, and The Last of Us is being made in a time when cinematic presentation and gameplay are very popular. Don't crucify me, because I haven't seen a ton of the gameplay, but again, I'll be very surprised if it even comes close to RE4's level.

It's not supposed to look "better," it's probably just because that scene has too much going on to render at 30fps or something. They did the same thing in GOW3's intro and it was hard to spot there as well.

When you're playing the game on a TV in front of you, if you're looking for it you can see a slight desaturation of the color during the video part, but it's really no big deal.

Yeah. It is funny, because that scene did stand out for me when I initially watched it, but I didn't not carry the logical explanation through. Good one

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
In regard to The Last of Us, I think it quite possibly could be RE4 tier. It's by Naughty Dog who are one of the greatest developers around, it's by key members of the Uncharted 2 team, which is regarded as one of the best games this generation on any platform. The Last of Us seems to be doing groundbreaking work, in terms of A.I and random generated set pieces - stuff that could be a real game changer. I think it may well end up as the masterpiece of this generation, and seen as being just as significant as RE4 was back in the PS2 days.

I'm sorry, did you say randomly generated set pieces? Did I miss some marketing material that I should know about?

Got the collectors edition fully paid. Ready and waiting. Is is crazy that I'm excited to actually play and review this game for my website? I didn't get this one early like others but damn... GOW being one of my favorite series. Just... need.. it... now! :D

I actually kinda DON'T wan to play any Last of Us demo. I'd like for my first experience with it to be the actual game. In fact, I haven't even read any of the other previews OR seen any videos released in the past month or so.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I actually kinda DON'T wan to play any Last of Us demo. I'd like for my first experience with it to be the actual game. In fact, I haven't even read any of the other previews OR seen any videos released in the past month or so.

ditto. And MAN it's been hard. Trying to do the same with Bioshock.

Using metacritic as the basis for purchasing something is slightly absurd. No?

My favorite suggestion for an OT title comes from the reviews thread, though I forgot who said it exactly:

God of War: Ascension OT-Trophy Furies

It's like a triple entendre!

I posted it again in this thread but no one else seems to like it lol.

Top Bottom