• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

tigerin

okay....i finished it always sunny in philadelphia, workaholics, the leagues, and about to finish trailer park boys.

what's next guy?

sappyday

v/h/s was very lol wut to me

One of the better found footage horror films I've seen.

Any have some good horror films to recommend that are on Netflix? One that doesn't make me roll my eyes on how bad it is (which are like 90% of the horror films I've seen on Netflix.)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
One of the better found footage horror films I've seen.

Any have some good horror films to recommend that are on Netflix? One that doesn't make me roll my eyes on how bad it is (which are like 90% of the horror films I've seen on Netflix.)

The Shire - There will be Polish speaking characters, and the movie won't have any subtitles...but that was part of its appeal. You are just as lost as the American characters in the film.

Some others:

Insidious, A tale of two sisters, Dogtooth, Santa Sangre, The Last Exorcism, Case 39.

Classics: Candyman, Scream, Hellrasier, The Evil Dead, Poltergeist.

Toss up: Paranormal Activity, Audition(haven't seen it), Creepshow, Quarantine 2: Terminal.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just added:

17 Girls (Drama)
5 Broken Cameras (Documentary)
Abandoned (Thriller)

Alice Upside Down (Kids movie)
The Alphabet Killer (Thriller)
Beyond Sherwood Forest (Fantasy)

Buzzkill (Dark Comedy)
Dante's Inferno (Anime, Sci-fi)
Death Race 3: Inferno (Action)

Delta Boys (Documentary)
Edgemont (TV Teen Drama, Seasons 1-5)
Eloise Goes to School + others (Kids movies)

Flirt (Drama)
Gravity (TV Dramedy, Season 1)
Keeping Up Appearances (TV British Comedy)

Kung Fu Joe (Action, Comedy)
Lars and the Real Girl (Dark Comedy)
Miss Navajo (Documentary)

Mr. Young (TV Kids, Season 1)
Opposite Day (Family)
Pit Boss (TV Reality, Season 4)

Primer (Sci-fi, Thriller)
Requiem from the Darkness (Anime, Fantasy)

There was some more films, but I stuck with ratings of 3.0 and up.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Is that normal? To have 5-6 episode seasons?

Season one was great. I loved Alice Morgan. The actress, Ruth, was crazy good.

If you're interested in another good UK drama, try a show called Cracker. It's from the early 90s so is a little dated visually, but I've been rewatching it lately and it holds up super well. I liked Luther too and thought it had a similar vibe.

So it looks like unblock-us doesnt support super-hd yet. Its weird, as soon as it was announced, I checked on my PS3 and not only did it say super-HD but it worked and looked great. The next day my PS3 just would not log into Netflix at all. Tried for 2 hours. Turns out, for some reason with a changed DNS through unblock-us it wont load at all.

Now I have to watch Canadian Netflix on my PS3 and 720p U.S. Netflix on my Xbox 360.

Boo.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The newly added Gravity is a pile of shit. No one watch it.

Also, is Netflix having problems? It's not letting me add anything to my queue.

Atrophis

Everyone watch Primer and prepare to be confused!

Urgh why does Netflix only offer some films in HD if you watch them on a console or some other non-pc device? So annoying.

Is that normal? To have 5-6 episode seasons?

Season one was great. I loved Alice Morgan. The actress, Ruth, was crazy good.

Well you've got to remember that for BBC shows they are actually 1 full hour without adverts so it's not that bad.

jakncoke

Banned
I was looking at instantwatcher. I usually look at the ratio of out going to incoming(it usually about even). Now i noticed that incoming has a lot not listed on what actually came in recently but its sort of alarming seeing from now to feb 15 500+titles leave and only 4 pages listed as incoming.

edit; lol and holy shit i just noticed that they added a fuck ton of content today.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
If you're interested in another good UK drama, try a show called Cracker. It's from the early 90s so is a little dated visually, but I've been rewatching it lately and it holds up super well. I liked Luther too and thought it had a similar vibe.

I was actually going to ask for similar, or good UK dramas after I was done, so you beat me to it. :p Anymore you would recommend? Thanks!

The newly added Gravity is a pile of shit. No one watch it.

Also, is Netflix having problems? It's not letting me add anything to my queue.

Working fine on my end.

Urgh why does Netflix only offer some films in HD if you watch them on a console or some other non-pc device? So annoying.

Well you've got to remember that for BBC shows they are actually 1 full hour without adverts so it's not that bad.

Added Primer.

Hmm, I didn't know that was the case. Must be nice not having to deal with ads.

RedAssedApe

Banned

Time travel shows and movies always confuse me. I'm chalking it up to there usually being some hole in the logic. Spoilers for Primer...there is a diagram on the wikipedia page that sort of explains how the looping works.

Correct me if I'm wrong but disabling HD on PC for some streams is due to piracy concerns?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Man, Guy Pearce's performance in Lockdown is shocking. Also the trope of beating smart mouth suspects with deadly levels of force while they crack wise is stupid.

DagsJT

Also added Primer.

Watched another episode of American Horror Story last night. I'm intrigued where it's going to go, but it's a super messed up show!

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Keeping Up Appearences is brilliant. I wish they added Are You Being Served?.

.la1n

I kinda liked Lockdown. Worth it for the so bad I can't believe they put it in the film cgi motorbike chase sequence.

I was entertained, felt like a modern take on Escape from NY. Seemed like he was taking ques from Snake in the acting too, which was great.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Expiring Soon:

Eden of the East the Movie I: The King - Jan 24th
Hell and Back - Jan 24th
Revenge of the Electric Car - Jan 24th

Enter the Void - Jan 25th
Winters Bones - Jan 26th
Ride - Jan 28th

And You Thought Your Parents Were Weird - Jan 31st
Flame and Citron - Jan 31st
The Longest Day - Jan 31st

Apocalypse Now - Feb 1st
Apocalypse Now Redux - Feb 1st
Candyman - Feb 1st

Groundhog Day - Feb 1st
Hollowman - Feb 1st
The Larry Sanders Show - Feb 1st

License to Drive - Feb 1st
Peep Show - Feb 1st
Robocop movies - Feb 1st

The Usual Suspects - Feb 1st
30 Days - Feb 6th
FlashForward - Feb 15th

Again, there is more, but picked the stuff I thought Gaf would care about.

Kaladin

Just finished watching The Vampire Diaries.......that season 3 cliffhanger........shiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Don't think I can wait till Fall for the next season on Netflix.

Cetra

"33" is the start of the show proper, yes. But, if you skip the mini-series you'll miss a lot of the set up that the show is built upon.

Seanspeed

Banned
Glad I blew through Peep Show already. I'd have burned down something if they cut it in the middle of me watching it. Love that show.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Kahaani (Foreign-Indian , Thriller)
Screwed (Thriller)
The Switch (Romantic Comedy)

Battlestar Galactica fans here? Is the "33" episode the real start of the show or do I have to watch the two movies first?

I'm not a huge fan, but I started with the shows. Loved it until it started falling apart towards the end of Season 2.

Edit- Misunderstood the question. Start with the mini-series.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Dark comedy is a deceptive description of Lars and the Real Girl, I was in tears for at least a 1/3 of that movie. Still loved it.

DarkFlow

Banned
Battlestar Galactica fans here? Is the "33" episode the real start of the show or do I have to watch the two movies first?

The movie before sets up the show, but it can be a bit slow at times. They catch you up well enough so your not totally lost if you skip them.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

The movies are the defacto episodes 1-3. Miss them, miss the entire reason everything is happening. Seems a bit daft.

Also I'm halfway through season 4 and it's still great, I don't get the hate this show gets.

RedAssedApe

Banned
The movies are the defacto episodes 1-3. Miss them, miss the entire reason everything is happening. Seems a bit daft.

Also I'm halfway through season 4 and it's still great, I don't get the hate this show gets.

Personally I thought the entire series was consistently good. Some of the best episodes were in season 4. Oh man that two part-er...

I do understand why some people might have gotten upset with some of the developments though. Then again many of these same people were also praising lost which had similar issues.

Mifune

Mehmber
BSG has some major bumps in the road but it gets progressively more ambitious and fascinating as it goes along.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

The Good Doctor (Thriller, Drama)
Red Bull Cubed Pipe (Extreme skiing)
Sons of Guns: Season 2 (TV Reality)

charsace

Man, Guy Pearce's performance in Lockdown is shocking. Also the trope of beating smart mouth suspects with deadly levels of force while they crack wise is stupid.

I thought everyone the movie did what they could with a bad plot and a script that feels like I heard it done a thousand times before.

Death Race 3 is up. 2 and 3 are good watches if you enjoy B movie cheese. Luke, Trejo, Rhames and Tanit are all B movie actors that I like to watch.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I watched Young Adult last night. I guess I don't dislike Diablo Cody as much as I thought I did — it was pretty good. Totally a cringe-fest all the way through, and Charlize Theron and Patton Oswalt were great.

Top Bottom