• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon Trailer: Team Rocket + Other Villains Return

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXhtZHn3vDc (US trailer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD29Nmx2QuM (JP trailer)

tldr;

Giovanni has gathered team bosses from other realities + Faba from Aether Foundation to form his new Team Rainbow Rocket
Giovanni has Mewtwo on his team
Almost every legendary is catch-able via the Ultra Wormholes; some are version exclusive and/or require other Pokemon to have been captured first (e.g. Suicune needs Raikou and Entei)
You can catch Totem Pokemon by finding special stickers in the world
A new Battle Facility, the Battle Agency, lets you rent Pokemon for 3v3 battles for Gold Bottle Caps
New Pokemon have been added to the Island Scan, such as Charmander, Grovyle, and Greninja

wow - crazy how they added all these old trainers and legendaries...kinda feels like jumping the shark though with these wormholes etc.

this makes me think that the switch is going to be a franchise reboot with skills, stats, moves, monsters, everything, redistributed

NoKisum

wow - crazy how they added all these old trainers and legendaries...kinda feels like jumping the shark though with these wormholes etc.

this makes me think that the switch is going to be a franchise reboot with skills, stats, moves, monsters, everything, redistributed

BW2 did the same, letting you battle a shitload of gym leaders from the past in the post game. Kinda wish they brought the World Tournament back.

No different than OR/AS and BW2. They just want to make sure there's a way to get each Pokemon in each generation.

woopWOOP

I'm okay with wormhole shit being a thing in Pokemon games now

because I'm a sucker for nods to old entries and it's easier to explain random cameos in later entries with dimensional traveling

BW2 did the same, letting you battle a shitload of gym leaders from the past in the post game. Kinda wish they brought the World Tournament back.

PWT was my favorite post game feature. I spent so many hours in BW2 in it.

When I saw Giovanni, my hype levels went up, and then when I saw the rest of the villains, this became a must buy for me.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
This news is the one that pushed my interest back up.

I think Team Rocket is a crappy team, but the concept of villains teaming up got me.

BondFancy

Damn these trailers have made me and my GF hype. Definitely going to preorder the combo pack. Really seems like a great swan song for the traditional Nintendo handheld Pokemon! Should hold me off, till I pick up a Switch.

tkscz

I'm not aware of that theory but these are supposedly alternate timelines in which the villains achieved their objectives.

Gold and Silver had a "downloadable" quest in which you could get Celibi from Team Rocket. At the end, Giovanni walks into a cave behind a waterfall, all the player hears is a sound. Then nothing. It's assumed he killed himself after failing that last time.

Top Bottom