• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |OT3| "That sounds like the GameTrailers guy!"

The plot thickens...

https://go.twitch.tv/benmoore034

CgJYCvN.png

Probably just a rather strangely timed (yet funny) coincidence.

Hasney

I was joking :p

I would never apologize for less Nintendo games on stream :3

Dont worry, my suggestion of Super Mario Strikers Charged has some steam and could take a spot!

Anything but PSBR. To be fair, it will make a fun stream probably, but man is that game straight garbage.

Dont worry, my suggestion of Super Mario Strikers Charged has some steam and could take a spot!

Anything but PSBR. To be fair, it will make a fun stream probably, but man is that game straight garbage.

Agreed. PSBR is snooze worthy.

Have the Allies ever streamed Gang Beasts? Would love to watch that.

Don’t post often here but Ben that was a great response and I think you all made the right choice.

At the end of the day it is ALWAYS up to the allies if they want to play something, not the community. The focus on keeping L&R not a hollow phrase is part of what makes me love EZA, especially in current times.

Dmax3901

Jesus fucking Christ the replies to Ben's copy/paste of his post here onto Youtube are doing my head in.

I can't fathom that these people exist it's utterly depressing.

grimmiq

Oh god, I thought you were joking, i got like 10 replies down and they all seemed pretty civil, then it just turned to shit.

ShadyK54

Jesus fucking Christ the replies to Ben's copy/paste of his post here onto Youtube are doing my head in.

I can't fathom that these people exist it's utterly depressing.

I looked (at your comment & the rest), and that comment section is atrocious & filled with crybabies. Auctopus hit the nail on the head with people feeling entitled.

“I hope this causes you to lose patrons and lose business” like what in the hell, man. Ugh.

on the bright side, for all the scandals that happen with gaming sites, especially like KF, "not wanting to stream a weeabo game" is probably the smallest blip on the totem pole of morality you can get.

on the bright side, for all the scandals that happen with gaming sites, especially like KF, "not wanting to stream a weeabo game" is probably the smallest blip on the totem pole of morality you can get.

An actual upvoted comment on that Youtube video.

Ben that's the shittiest thing you guys have ever done. It's worse than what KF did to Colin.

But yea, I'm pretty sure it's a few dozen really annoyed people at best.

ShadyK54

Yeah.

Well, unless you’re that one guy in the comments that said “this is worse than KF & Colin” or something along those lines. Yes, that was a real comment I saw in the comment section.

Edit: ^ Beaten.

Ben that's the shittiest thing you guys have ever done. It's worse than what KF did to Colin.

Yeah.

Well, unless you’re that one guy in the comments that said “this is worse than KF & Colin” or something along those lines. Yes, that was a real comment I saw in the comment section.

Edit: ^ Beaten.
Good lord.

I really hope those few don't drag this 'controversy' out into future videos and their comments...

Bahorel

I looked (at your comment & the rest), and that comment section is atrocious & filled with crybabies. Auctopus hit the nail on the head with people feeling entitled.

“I hope this causes you to lose patrons and lose business” like what in the hell, man. Ugh.

I'm not going to look at the comments because I'm very tired of people like this, but damn, where is the perspective?

If EZA not playing the game you wanted is the worst thing that happened to you today, then you are a very very lucky person. Some people have Actual Problems.

YouTube comments were beyond frustrating to read. Mainly the this is worse than Colin and Kinda Funny, which was infuriating.

Nice response by Ben. I do think the decision could have been announced a little better, but I think the people who were upset would have been regardless.

I hope Ian knows that it isn’t Swords being mobbed by dislikes on YouTube, and is instead this whole debacle. I’m sure it’s cool, but it’s hard for me to get into TCGs

Yea regardless of the communication a part of the group was going to be upset (and others willing to join in and dog pile). Still EZA made the right call, and Ben your response earlier today was great. Thanks for posting that.

On the plus side we've got a good slate of game options for week 2 of voting and their patron numbers and $s have increased in the last day or so.

Just stay the course and things will be fine. We all know the default stance of Youtube comments.

Naythan

I just don't understand why you would want to watch a group of people play a game they said they are uncomfortable with playing. It's like the outrage for Kyle trolling with his Link to the Past stream but about 100x more whiny. The thing these people want, a stream where they all play the game and laugh about it without thinking about the consequences will never exist so why push it so far? Get over it and move on.

munchie64

Jesus, I honestly didn't expect this kind of controversy. Not the best look for the community, although I totally understand how this could've been communicated better by the Allies.

But if they don't want to play something, they don't want to play something.
What was said?
Something was said!

Naythan

I just want to add that, like every other "controversy" that has passed through this community, I can see this passing really quickly as long as the Allies don't linger on it.

I just want to add that, like every other "controversy" that has passed through this community, I can see this passing really quickly as long as the Allies don't linger on it.

Yea I doubt they're going to be talking about this a few days from now.

Side note, that NeoGAF private investigators conversation over there is pretty hilarious.
Probably shouldn't mention NeoGAF in Youtube comments Ben

Finally finishing up the beastly stream. What is so funny about the game is even though it’s using the clips of the movie it’s clearly designed with the assumption you’ve watched the movie beforehand. It’s a pseudo retelling of a movie but it doesn’t tell a coherent story itself. It assumes you watched the movie and it’s insering this weird behind the scenes stuff

Mikey Jr.

Finally finishing up the beastly stream. What is so funny about the game is even though it’s using the clips of the movie it’s clearly designed with the assumption you’ve watched the movie beforehand. It’s a pseudo retelling of a movie but it doesn’t tell a coherent story itself. It assumes you watched the movie and it’s insering this weird behind the scenes stuff

I like how Kyle was like "I wonder if we're his friend?"

Ummm, we just casted a hex on him lol.

sora87

HAHAHAHA. No one can actually believe that, right?! 😩

Just let me pick the games, I'll be much less controversial.
Like next week? 2 hours of cracking Shadow of War loot boxes with Patreon money. See, completely less controversial.
You're welcome.

ShadyK54

Just let me pick the games, I'll be much less controversial.
Like next week? 2 hours of cracking Shadow of War loot boxes with Patreon money. See, completely less controversial.
You're welcome.

Tourney rules: whoever cracks the most legendaries in a certain time frame advances.

mcw

So was Gamergate.

Anime fans are fucking scum.

Philippo

I just read all the accident this morning during breakfast, all i have to say is play what you want to play, no need to feel pressired to try something if it makes you nervous and unsure about a stream's quality, maybe just be a bit more open about what you want and don't want to play (ex. say "no we do not feel comfrotable in playing this game / the interest of the whole crew is too low to enjoy it") before any actual voting is done.

That's it, i don't see the need for any agressive posting really.

ToonLink

So was Gamergate.

Anime fans are fucking scum.

I get that this is a common sentiment on GAF, but I'm always a little perplexed when I see it in this thread. Like half of the Allies watch anime, and they even have an anime related show. The generalisation is unnecessary.

Top Bottom