• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fever Ray "To The Moon & Back"

AlexM

Awesome! I think her solo album might be my favorite of all the knife stuff.

Almost has a little silent shout vibe in the chorus area

Snagret

Sounds more like The Knife and less like Fever Ray.
I was kinda thinking the same thing, though I don't really have a problem with that. In a perfect world, I think a new album would draw from both her solo work and from The Knife. Either way, I'm just happy she's giving us something after that really disappointing The Knife tease from a couple months ago.

berzeli

Banned
Oh my god it's so good.

Saw her/them live twice last time 'round, was absolutely amazing so hoping to do it again.

Kevtones

Seven came on shuffle the other day and I was like maaaaan it's been forever since Fever Ray did anything...

You've made my day with this 😀

Snagret

These are the people that did the Vikings intro song right? Love that song.
Yep! You should give the full album a listen. It's creepy, weird, beautiful, and totally unique. One of those albums you can revisit over and over and hear something you didn't notice before each time.

Croc

Banned
Damn. This is really fucking good. Normally after having been without new music from one of my favorite artists for so long I'm always just a bit disappointed hearing new stuff even if it's good (just from building up unrealistic expectations), but this is fantastic.

I'm gonna be shouting "I want to ram my fingers up your pussy" out my car windows for the next few months for sure.

KingDirk

I am glad she came back. I haven't kept up to date but last I heard Fever Ray was a one off project so this is awesome.

She just started dropping teases recently, nobody had been expecting anything. On the other hand The Knife is done now so I guess this makes sense.

Servbot24

Banned
Good song :)

Karin is definitely one of my favorite current artists. Shaking the Habitual in particular is amazing. Olaf's projects are great too.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Interesting song. Not quite what I wanted from Fever Ray, but okay. Feels very in line with The Knife’s final album.

She just started dropping teases recently, nobody had been expecting anything. On the other hand The Knife is done now so I guess this makes sense.
She said a couple times over the last couple years that she was working on new solo stuff but wasn’t sure it would be under the Fever Ray name or would take another form.

AlexM

Oy, I kept trying to stop but I ended up listening to this song like 30 times in a row this morning. Must resist.......

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
KCRW (SoCal NPR) played the track and there was a giant horn over "pussy" at the end. I cracked up laughing.

So good to see her back! Much racier than I expected though lol. While I enjoy The Knife’s/Fever Ray’s poppy sound, I’m hoping we get more of her darker stuff in the album as well.

Bread

Banned
Damn. This is really fucking good. Normally after having been without new music from one of my favorite artists for so long I'm always just a bit disappointed hearing new stuff even if it's good (just from building up unrealistic expectations), but this is fantastic.

I'm gonna be shouting "I want to ram my fingers up your pussy" out my car windows for the next few months for sure.
Btw it’s defintely run not ram 😂

Snagret

I've been bumping this ever since it dropped yesterday, the more I listen the more I love it.

Since I didn't mention it in the OP, she posted a couple vids earlier in the week that tease a couple other tracks. Seem's like the new album might be called "Plunge", according to the website. There's also a number I haven't bothered to call yet, but apparently you can leave a message for it.

A New Friend
Switch Seeks Same

Seems like it's going to be more of a continuation of Shaking the Habitual's dark, wonky, transgressive beats and less of the slow, roiling soundscapes from her s/t. I love the sound and energy she's bringing to this, though, so I'm ok with not getting a "Fever Ray: 2" as long as the whole album holds up to what we've been given so far (and I have no reason to doubt it will).

This house makes it hard to FUCK!!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I've never really listened to The Knife all that much but I adore the Fever Ray album, it's pretty much perfect all the way through.

I like the new song, but like others said it sounds more like The Knife. No problem with that, but I did love the menacing/brooding sound of that s/t.

Snagret

I've never really listened to The Knife all that much but I adore the Fever Ray album, it's pretty much perfect all the way through.

I like the new song, but like others said it sounds more like The Knife. No problem with that, but I did love the menacing/brooding sound of that s/t.
You should give Silent Shout a listen, it's a great companion piece to the s/t. A very similar mood (dark and brooding), but in a different flavor (more shimmery synths and harder beats). It also just happens to be one of the best albums of the aughts, and one of the best electronic albums ever made.

Silent Shout
The Captain
Marble House

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
You should give Silent Shout a listen, it's a great companion piece to the s/t. A very similar mood (dark and brooding), but in a different flavor (more shimmery synths and harder beats). It also just happens to be one of the best albums of the aughts, and one of the best electronic albums ever made.

Silent Shout
The Captain
Marble House

I've tried STH a few times but I found that pretty hard to get into (and is pretty daunting at 1h36 runtime), but I'll def. listen to this album tomorrow.

Holy shit. Fever ray was pretty dope when I first learned about the 6 or 7 years ago. I'm astonished the released a new song, but excited as well.

Top Bottom