• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Countdown to 2013 sale [begins Dec 18th]

ATTENTION AUSSIES (and New Zealanders)

Bully, Lego Indiana Jones 2, Lego Harry Potter, and Lego Star Wars 3 are cheaper than the US counterpart at 640 MS Points.

Bully costs a fortune on Ebay, for $7.80 grab it.

Goddamn I already have Bully. lol @ Lego.

Ban Puncher

ATTENTION AUSSIES (and New Zealanders)

Bully, Lego Indiana Jones 2, Lego Harry Potter, and Lego Star Wars 3 are cheaper than the US counterpart at 640 MS Points.

Bully costs a fortune on Ebay, for $7.80 grab it.

Son of a submariner, I just bought Bully GOD a couple of weeks ago!

Galdelico

Yeah, prices just updated.

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 Points - 50% Off
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 400 Points - 66% Off
Zuma's Revenge! - 800 Points - 0% Off
The Simpsons™ Arcade Game - 600 Points - 25% Off
Wreckateer - 200 Points - 75% Off
Plants vs. Zombies - 600 Points - 50% Off
Peggle - 800 Points - 0% off
Peggle™ Nights Content Pack - 200 Points - 50% Off
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 Points - 50% Off
SONIC 4 Episode II - 600 Points - 50% Off
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 160 Points - 60% Off
RAW - 400 Points - 66% Off
A World of Keflings - 400 Points - 50% Off
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - 160 Points
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space - 320 Points
Kinect Party - FREE - 100% Off
Jet Set Radio - 400 Points - 50% Off
Super Meat Boy - 600 Points - 50% Off
I see Zuma's at 400 now.

Socreges

Banned
Mark of the Ninja for sure
Fez if it's 50% off
Skyrim (probably not, but if it's super cheap...)

How much is Bully normally (US dollars)? It's showing up as $9.99 -- is that the sale price? I'd guess so.

Mark of the Ninja for sure
Fez if it's 50% off
Skyrim (probably not, but if it's super cheap...)

How much is Bully normally (US dollars)? It's showing up as $9.99 -- is that the sale price? I'd guess so.

That's definitely the sale price, and a good one too. Retail copy can fetch $30+ still these days.

Also, Three New GOLD Exclusive Deals:

Serious Sam HD The First Encounter - 600 Points - 50% Off
Serious Sam 3 BFE - 600 Points - 50% Off
Serious Sam 3 BFE Jewel of the Nile DLC - 600 Points - 50% Off

derfybzh

It's not even 4 AM in Seattle right now, on either side of the lake.

I understand that but Major could have spoke about the deal yesterday. There's nothing at all in xbox.com not even a small teaser, talk about marketing.

By the way I bought

Joe Danger 2
Zuma
Fire Pro Wrestling
and Jet Set Radio

Nice deals :) Except for the Simpsons where 200 points is all I 'm willing to invest (Same for X-Men last year)

BlazeGaj

Neo Member
Good deals just got Bully, Joe Danger 2 and Kinect party.

Going to try out Zuma revenge and Sonic before buying it.

Games on Demand

19th: LEGO Games
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/countdown-2013-12-19-lego-games

Might partake in some of these LEGO games I don't own...

20th: Platformer Games
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/countdown-2013-12-20-platformers

• Fez
  • Mark of the Ninja

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/countdown-2013-12-23-summer-of-arcade

• Dust: An Elysian Tail
  • Deadlight
  • Hybrid

25th: Kinect Family
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/countdown-2013-12-25-kinect-family

• Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge
  • Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box
  • Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule
  • Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season

28th: The Walking Dead
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/countdown-2013-12-28-walking-dead

• The Walking Dead Episode 1
  • The Walking Dead Episode 2
  • The Walking Dead Episode 3
  • The Walking Dead Episode 4
  • The Walking Dead Episode 5

Lots of these are going to be price dependent for those things that don't have prices. Those that do...yeah, I'm probably going to spend my backlog of Xbox Live points big time!

Anyone else thinking about buying Borderlands 2 on GoD then dumping their disc if it's >$30?

Also, I know Simpsons Arcade has been cheaper because I have it and my buy price for it was 400MSP.

Slygmous

Grabbing Bully at that price.
How do the other LEGO games hold up against the Complete Saga? That was the only one I really liked.

LkPr

question about MS Points... Do I need them to buy this stuff online? I just got an Xbox and I'm wondering can't I just add my credit card info and pay for things like that? Also, I am in Canada and at BestBuy it is 19.99 for 1400 MSP (so technically 9.99 for 700 MSP) ... in the OP the prices are stating 800 MSP or $10. Is 800 MSP = $10 US and not applicable for Canada?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
question about MS Points... Do I need them to buy this stuff online? I just got an Xbox and I'm wondering can't I just add my credit card info and pay for things like that? Also, I am in Canada and at BestBuy it is 19.99 for 1400 MSP (so technically 9.99 for 700 MSP) ... in the OP the prices are stating 800 MSP or $10. Is 800 MSP = $10 US and not applicable for Canada?

Yes, you need MSPoints. You can add a credit card to your account, but you'll need to buy mspoints first and then buy the content.

800 MSP is 10 dollars in the US. Both the market and the currency are restricted by country. You can't buy MSPoints from US and use them on the Canadian store.

Also, some promotions/releases are US-Only, so you won't be able to enjoy them in Canada.

I strongly suggest making a United States Gamercard and using it as your main one (I'm from Brazil and that's how we do it). You won't be able to associate your Credit Card to your account, but you can always buy the points digitally.

The other option is to create a US Gamercard and not use it as your main one: If you want a game that's only available on the US Store, use that one to buy it: It'll be assigned to both that Gamercard and that Console, so you can use it on the other gamercards available on the console (this can be done with every region).

You're in Canada, so this is not such a main point of concern to you: Even though the Canadian store doesn't get ALL The content, I don't think, it gets most of it at a decent price.

The Brazillian store, on the other hand...

Seanspeed

Banned
Lots of stuff I want. Might pick some stuff up, get Dark Souls, and then be done buying gaming things til GTAV.

Will probably get:

Super Meat Boy (1200 > 600)

Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain

Borderlands 2 Season Pass

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire

Really good timing for the BL2 Season Pass as I'm getting near the end of my 1st playthrough. Hell yea. Nice sale.

Anyone else thinking about buying Borderlands 2 on GoD then dumping their disc if it's >$30?

Also, I know Simpsons Arcade has been cheaper because I have it and my buy price for it was 400MSP.

If I can get a game for the same price on xbl that I can for selling the retail copy then yeah, I like to go mostly digital now if the price is right on games.

kendrid

Banned
Wreckateer is actually fun (for my kids). If was free a month ago and everyone I know that download it likes it. If you have kids I'd recommend it, especially for 200 points.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I was prepared to buy Kinect Party the moment it came out. Last month I even got some extra MSPoints cards in preparation.

It's a nice surprise that the game is free. Instantly downloaded!

Rock Band 3 is listed at $10 on US XBL. OMG. I only got a microphone though...

im tempted to get this as well, i havnt played Rock Band 2 in a while but have been thinking about getting out the drums again lately. i think it cost points to transfer all my songs to Rock Band 3 though, if it was free i would definitely do it

drizzle

Axel Hertz
im tempted to get this as well, i havnt played Rock Band 2 in a while but have been thinking about getting out the drums again lately. i think it cost points to transfer all my songs to Rock Band 3 though, if it was free i would definitely do it

It only costs money to transfer the songs on the disc.

Also it's like 5 bucks.

It only costs money to transfer the songs on the disc.

Also it's like 5 bucks.

so if i transferred my Rock Band 1 songs to Rock Band 2 already they will automatically be there and of course any DLC ive purchased? if so maybe ill go for it and pay the $5 at some point to transfer the other songs

ShogunX

Surprised at some of those prices especially the Joe Danger 2 one.

Bought - Joe Danger, Keflings + DLC, Jet set Radio.

Like others have said today's prices give me hope for a few other items I wanted to pick up. Going to have to pick up another 2100.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
so if i transferred my Rock Band 1 songs to Rock Band 2 already they will automatically be there and of course any DLC ive purchased? if so maybe ill go for it and pay the $5 at some point to transfer the other songs

If I recall correctly, when you transfer songs, you're actually re-downloading them as DLC.

And since they're DLC, they're technically available everywhere that uses DLC.

For instance: LEGO RockBand songs show up on Rockband 2, Rockband 3 and Rockband Blitz and I only paid for the export code once.

I paid for Rockband 1 transfer once, and it showed up on every game since then.

The transfer might be something between 5 and 10 bucks though. I don't quite remember - been a while and I think it changes depending on the game and the deals made at the time.

Yeah, the RB1 exported songs are just like any other DLC. They all work with any RB.

Phinor

I'd have been all over Bully at 320 points but it's 840 here which is about the same as the PC version without any discounts.

Not sure what else there is that might interest me. Guardians of Middle-Earth probably won't be discounted, that I would actually buy at 800 points.

Top Bottom