• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.9.13 - Sep. 13, 3AM EDT

thefro

No one answered my question yesterday:
Is the US event the same as the EU event? I've read some time ago, that the US event will at least be 4 hours long? I still have to decide what to watch.

The press conference in the US will probably be announcing the same stuff as the Nintendo Direct + hands-on game time for the media.

18-Volt

Yes! Xbox! It's not like Microsoft has treated their mother console better and created a proper "Xbox classics" system. They put a couple of games and nobody cared. Just give the games someone who's better at this. Who the hell would buy Blinx on Durago or whatever it is? Put on rival console and profit. Also, Conker has to return to Nintendo.

ekim

The press conference in the US will probably be announcing the same stuff as the Nintendo Direct + hands-on game time for the media.

hm... so watching only the nintendo direct feed here in europe should be fine? On the other side... there is Reggie in the press conference... hm.

Predictions:

15 launch titles, third of which previously unknown
Releases between launch date and Christmas will be made known
Games from publishers without announcements like Activision and Capcpom
Nintendoland not pack in
2 SKUs for black vs white only with GamePad no remotes/nunchuks
10 games on eShop day 1

Whoops, forgot I'm in Japan direct and not NA thread... most of these should apply though

No one answered my question yesterday:
Is the US event the same as the EU event? I've read some time ago, that the US event will at least be 4 hours long? I still have to decide what to watch.

Where did you read that?

I don't believe it for a second. What will they do for 4 hours??

I have to say Nintendo is getting really good at these presentations. The fact that they provide live streams to their own events and announcements is great. Amazon didn't have one last week and Apple doesn't seem to have one today. I don't want second hand live-blog info, I think more companies should take note and become their own press outlet.

It's so much better to get info straight from the horse's mouth. I was just thinking about this and its relation to why Iwata Asks articles and Nintendo Directs are all so great.

There are other reasons, too. Iwata Asks's familiarity with the interviewees and Nintendo Direct's livestreaming come to mind.

Nibel

Nibel, get me in dat photo!

Dat avatar

uAQSZ.jpg

DID SOMEONE SAY TORPEDO TEDS?!

iboKO3EwCyw5ko.png

cjkeats

This is at 4:30AM my time. I get up to get ready for work at 4, my ride don't show up until 5:15. God I hope they get to the good bits right away.
My Gaf Hype Train t-shirt should hopefully be in the mailbox tonight too. Perfect timing.

koolaroo

Woo can't wait to see how overpriced this is and what it's not launching with. Ethier way still excited. Why 10:00 am though I don't see that as being a good time for anyone. Most people are already at work or school by then.

Maybe they will spend a few words about Paper Mario and the games coming on 3DS on Holyday, but this is a WiiU event.

@Brinstar: Well... that's the most probable scenario.

NeoRausch

So, who's gonna take bets on whether Nintendoland is a pack-in?

let's go crazy! i predict:

Nintendoland is pre-intalled on the system
(or free do DL to get your ass onto the e-shop)
. With all games that we know of. Every month they will release a new add-on for 5 spacebucks
(or for free to get your butt in there again!!)

edit:

not a single soul was given!

Top Bottom