• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League apparently stinks, because of course

To nobody's surprise, Justice League is a 2+ hour piece of crap.

Vanity Fair:
The film is, plainly stated, terrible, and I’m sorry that everyone wasted their time and money making it—and that people are being asked to waste their time and money seeing it.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/justice-league-review

I'm just a casual fan of movies, especially so with superhero movies, but what interests me is how so much effort and money can go into something that should be a slam dunk but ends up so far removed from reality, yet it is expected to catch on with a gigantic mass audience. I mean, Steppenwolf? Is it the drugs? I would bet half of the comic book reading populace could come up with a better Justice League film.

I thought Batman vs Superman was a hilarious pile, interesting only in how bizarrely trash is was. Justice League looks like it's less fun to riff on.

Kickz

LOL @ DC, what a disaster.

Atleast Wonder Woman was the best movie of the year, although I've yet to see Thor 3.

Experien

To nobody's surprise, Justice League is a 2+ hour piece of crap.

Vanity Fair:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/justice-league-review

I'm just a casual fan of movies, especially so with superhero movies, but what interests me is how so much effort and money can go into something that should be a slam dunk but ends up so far removed from reality, yet it is expected to catch on with a gigantic mass audience. I mean, Steppenwolf? Is it the drugs? I would bet half of the comic book reading populace could come up with a better Justice League film.

I thought Batman vs Superman was a hilarious pile, interesting only in how bizarrely trash is was. Justice League looks like it's less fun to riff on.

Should be a slam dunk but not if you start with the person in charge be not good at making movies. So much can go in the wrong direction and if you aren't there to stop it soon enough, it can't be saved.

You have a movie half directed by Snyder, and half by Whedon.

What else to expect, if not utter, total, undeniable, hopeless, predictable and merciless failure?

JimiNutz

Banned
If its any consolation it's supposed to better than BvS and SS.... But then so was WW and I didn't really enjoy thay either so I'm def giving this a miss.

Between "better than BvS" and "a good movie" there's a huge gap...

grand-canyon-hikes-s-kaibab-trail-hiker-full.jpg

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I saw it yesterday.

I'll tell ya, it's nowhere NEAR as bad as BvS

I'm VERY happy with a lot of the characters. The story is clearly edited to all hell, trying to get it below a 2 hr run time, but it's not incomprehensible. It's just going to be a little bit light on exposition.

The fan service with some of the after credit scenes, to me, is at least worth a viewing. The characters were awesome as well. Only characters I can see people being underwhelmed with is
Batman and Aquaman
, and the latter I was ok with but comic fans might be left wanting there.

I put it around middle of the track for comic movies this year.

Logan > WW > Thor: Ragnarok >> JL > Spidey = GotG2 >>>>>> Kingsmen.

Hardcore Spidey fans will put it ahead of JL, I'm sure.

Mind you, I didn't DISLIKE any of those first movies at all. Just varying degrees of how much I enjoyed them. Only one that I thought was genuinely a disappointing movie to me was Kingsmen 2.

But I'm sure some critic for Variety or RogerEbert.com will have some douche 140 character summary of why Batman's voice changer is weird and everyone on here will get on the Schadenfreude bandwagon.

luxsol

I really hope the movie bombs or just does mediocre numbers, because i hate seeing DC characters being treated so awfully. Also, because all the other movies were pretty bad and I don't like bad things to be successful.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I really hope the movie bombs or just does mediocre numbers, because i hate seeing DC characters being treated so awfully. Also, because all the other movies were pretty bad and I don't like bad things to be successful.

This is what kills me. You haven't even seen the movie and have no real basis of judgment for how the characters are treated, but you have no problem spouting bullshit about how awful they're handled. You're not alone in this so I don't mean to be picking on you, but it's just a kick in the dick to me because I WANT these movies to be good and want them to continue to improve.

It's not like if JL bombs that WB will suddenly say "Hey, let's get Scorcese to make these movies!" they're just gonna stop making them. So the best hope for better versions of these characters are for the success of each movie. Not the failure.

Oh well. I'm probably caring too much about this shit now lol.

I wasn't expecting much since the trailers I'd seen so far were not very good. Seemed like they were trying really hard to project a fun, jokey time but they went too far in that direction, IMO.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
eh I didn't even like WW as much as other people did (the animated 2009 movie is better) so I think I'll skip this

Alx

I thought it was "meh", neither good nor bad. Very conventional story and action scenes, also suffers from the
we're a League but Superman does all the heavy lifting
syndrome.

T.v

I loved Man of steel, and enjoyed BvS, yet I fully expect JL to be a let down. Everything i've heard about this movie left me with a sour impression. Especially Whedon taking over, as I am one of the few who love Snyders work. Now, I won't let critics paint my view on this movie. It has become more and more clear to me that my views don't mix well with theirs, and especially not with the RottenTomatoes audience.

Hi just don't find the mainstream DC characters fun or anything. I'm not a huge fan of comic book movies(I like the older ones that started the craze) DC movies seem to just try and emulate TDK and make a "Good Movie" and forget anything fun or engaging.

PSlayer

I watched yesterday and
one thing that striked me the most was how awful it looked. The CGI is really as bad as you can expect(It might be worse than Wonder Woman's final act). It might be the worst CGI from a Big blockbuster movie from the last decade.

kunonabi

I watched yesterday and
one thing that striked me the most was how awful it looked. The CGI is really as bad as you can expect(It might be worse than Wonder Woman's final act). It might be the worst CGI from a Big blockbuster movie from the last decade.

Yeah, thats been kinda obvious from the trailers. You would think they would at least get that right.

LordOfChaos

Damn.

Most of their movies were disappointments, but Wonder Woman was pretty good so I allowed my hopes to creep up to a 4.

f@luS

More than a member.
Just got out of the theater. Terrible. and i am easily pleased. I liked Superman. I really liked Batman vs Superman. I looooved Wonderwoman so I had high hopes. This is by far the worst DC of these 4. Terrible. Visuals are terrible (really !!!) story sux. Not one music I remember liked. Bleh

ASAP

I’m going to go see it, i know I’ll be so disappointed by their execution, it’s a shame if what I’m hearing is true.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Just got out of the theater. Terrible. and i am easily pleased. I liked Superman. I really liked Batman vs Superman. I looooved Wonderwoman so I had high hopes. This is by far the worst DC of these 4. Terrible. Visuals are terrible (really !!!) story sux. Not one music I remember liked. Bleh

You liked BvS and didn't like JL?

Wow.

Xero

glad to see the thread title isnt even trying to hide the shit this topic will be. Could we at least pretend we can have a decent dc movie topic? Without pages (or likely a page nowadays) of shitposting with no actual discussion.

BvS was one of the worst Superhero films I've ever seen, Suicide Squad was awful and MOS was mediocre....but for some reason after WW was a pleasant surprise I didn't think they'd screw this up despite not being impressed with the trailers. It seemed like an easy win.

Top Bottom