• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Automata New Famitsu Information: Skirt Can Be Removed!?

Cornbread78

9za1hSA.jpg

What if they gave her granny panties to discourage players from taking damage?

I think a lot of people will suddenly be better at character action games :p

matmanx1

We're here discussing the new Nier game (which probably shouldn't even be happening but somehow, despite the world we live in, IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING) and we can't get past the destructible skirt?

I don't care about the skirt. I am neither pro-skirt nor anti-skirt. I am pro-Nier, however and I am very excited to see the crazy journey that the new Nier will hopefully be.

Golnei

I mean, drakengard 3 basically did this in its own fucked up way.

Drakengard 3's usage of the apostles as sexual objects for the Intoners was an interesting take on it, but I think its message was undermined by not consciously eroticising their portrayal.

It's gonna be like the wedding scene in the first game. All nice, flashy fashion show, until tragedy strikes, but it's not a one sided tragedy. Your fashion choices are used to exemplify this in some way.

I think the scenario lends itself better to the 'clothes shop' idea - you have a significant portion of the game devoted to running a store where you can outfit the remaining rebel androids on earth with trendy moon fashions, realising too late that the clothes are made from the organs of children, assembled with slave labour, and require the ritual sacrifice of a kitten and constant infusions of the unending pain of Halua's sense-deprived but undying and eternally tortured soul to obtain their power. But since victory is impossible without the morale boost they provide, you have to continue onwards, complicit in a horrifying economic system driven by the tyranny of aesthetics.

Mailbox

┐(´ー`)┌

You are indeed not forced to like something.

That fair.
They really did make the designs for themselves and admit as much. Considering the usual tip-toeing and bs PR (looking at ff15) that sort of honesty in design is appreciated, at least.

For the record, I'm pro thigh

Phu

Banned
If the skirt is destructible, do we have any information on how it regenerates? I'm curious to see if it's tied in to either gameplay or narrative reasons.

Maybe it doesn't regenerate.

And to get the good ending you have to make it to the end with the skirt intact.

Phu

Banned
I don't want to live in a world where that is a good ending!

What if in the end you find out 2B's skirt is not a true skirt and that the things you've been fighting the whole game are the actual skirts? Meaning the torn skirt count is in the thousands.

Newsflash: no. Some of us are gay and if we're going down the creepy route I'd rather have a hot android dude that is a Henry Cavill look alike. So panty flashing only makes me roll my eyes.

Then "Almost Every NieR fan and Vita owner rejoiced." or "Every NieR fan and Vita owner rejoiced except Mar Nosso."

Like that is ok?

Your voice is very important and that user wasn't considerate for not thinking of what you could like or not.

On Topic:

Is nice to have some directors with that level of freedom and giving no fucks on regional pressures about making the game they want.

Probably S-E doesn't have that much hope on the game but I really want the game to be succesful.

Maybe like that they could bring TWEWY back :(

Finalow

creepy shit like this always put me off.
seriously, I have no idea what a Yoko Taro or a Nier is but this level of weird shit just for the purpose of disgusting pandering is unacceptable.
what if one of my kids sees the skirt of an android female body type partially torn off, scarred for life

Johndoey

Banned
What if in the end you find out 2B's skirt is not a true skirt and that the things you've been fighting the whole game are the actual skirts? Meaning the torn skirt count is in the thousands.
I strike in the fabric of life for my comrades torn asunder. We have come undone brothers! The very stitches of our society are frayed sisters, these wounds cannot simply be sewn away. Unite our yarn will join and meld creating a warm blanket for us all!
Skirts have suffered in the darkness! Unheard! Unseen! No longer now we toss off the shackles of the leggings. Now we cast away the chains of the knee socks. Skirts must be free to be what a skirt shall be.

Mailbox

Then "Almost Every NieR fan and Vita owner rejoiced." or "Every NieR fan and Vita owner rejoiced except Mar Nosso."

Like that is ok?

Your voice is very important and that user wasn't considerate for not thinking of what you could like or not.

On Topic:

Is nice to have some directors with that level of freedom and giving no fucks on regional pressures about making the game they want.

Probably S-E doesn't have that much hope on the game but I really want the game to be succesful.

Maybe like that they could bring TWEWY back :(

If this does somehow do well, anything (I mean ANYTHING) is possible.
(Yoko Taro directed TWEWY 2 lol)

seriously, I have no idea what a Yoko Taro or a Nier is but this level of weird shit just for the purpose of disgusting pandering is unacceptable.
what if one of my kids sees the skirt of an android female body type partially torn off, scarred for life

Lol, if it wasn't for that last part I wouldn't have thought you were joking :p

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I'm interested in seeing if they'll follow up his reincarnation from Ending E at all - even if this game occurs thousands of years later, it can still figure into the plot somehow.

It's coming off the back of Ending D so he
and Kaine are dead at this point
since the Replicant system was disrupted. I'm not sure what they could have done in this time.

Golnei

It's coming off the back of Ending D so he
and Kaine are dead at this point
since the Replicant system was disrupted. I'm not sure what they could have done in this time.

Ending E occurs directly after D, like C or D happen after A/B. Since Nier's reconstruction wasn't a true replicant, but something built by the Forest of Myth from the memories it absorbed from him; it might have some backstory significance; maybe something to do with how humanity were somehow reconstituted upon their exodus to the moon.

The one thing I want more than anything else from a Nier game is a depressing story that'll make me feel like shit for days. If Automata's ending is "happy" in the same way the first game's was, I'm good.

Astral Dog

Skirt? i can see the sexist complains incoming.

but weird choice of quote for a full interview. there are some interesting details there..

Ferr986

Taro said that he thought the ending to the original NieR was happy too lol

Well, he didn't really lie. I mean, ending A is a happy ending, and the others are more like bittersweet.

It's true that they're more like trollish endings because they don't show how much you done fucked up lol

Well, he didn't really lie. I mean, ending A is a happy ending, and the others are more like bittersweet.

It's true that they're more like trollish endings because they don't show how much you done fucked up lol

Not a traditional happy ending is what I am sure he is alluding to and what I think most of us think.

But if the game is happy I don't care the story will be good and that is what I am excited for a GOOD story.

Top Bottom