• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Master of None Season 2 |OT| Aziz Ansari's Show Finally Returns (May 12th - Netflix)

Paz

The core story about Dev is wonderful and I enjoyed the whole season but the highest points of the season for me were the eps that sort of focused on how people really live, I guess the more experimental ones like 6 and 8.

Last time I felt this way about episodes of a TV show was when the Bojack season 3 underwater ep enraptured me from start to finish.

Ep 9 did I miss something?
When she said she wanted to come over to talk to him after Arnold's party it went straight to a nightmare scenario. So was that part also imagined or did they talk off camera?

Esiquio

Ep 9 did I miss something?
When she said she wanted to come over to talk to him after Arnold's party it went straight to a nightmare scenario. So was that part also imagined or did they talk off camera?

The scene where he walking in the snow alone was a part of the nightmare. Damn that was one of the best episodes of anything I've seen. Better than a lot of romance movies.

Luke_Wal

Dang, I forgot how good this show is. Had a rough day at work and this is exactly what I needed. On the third episode now - it's fantastic.

Didn't like season 1 outside of "Parents" and "Indians on TV". I watched the first, was thrown off a little and thought it was aiight. Started episode 2 and reminded me too much of the shit I didn't like in 1, watched 3 and reminded me about the parents episode and watched 4 and enjoyed that. I hope there's more than just two I like in this season.

Ledbetter

Finished the first 5 episodes. I think I might like this one more than S1.

Here is the website of your new favorite show about cupcakes. Stay sweet America.

So I just watched the entire season in one day, I think this is the first time I've ever done that.

It's better than season 1.

But I swear to god if this show is actually going to go on a bit of a hiatus now I don't think I'm gonna make it.

bleaker

When I thought the second season couldn't leave me as emotionally drained as the first *last episode spoiler*
fucking Rachel shows up at Dev's lowest possible moment.
Loved the season, favorite episodes have to be Bicycle Thieves, First Date, and the last two.

Honestly been thinking recutting a few of these into fan edit movie, as the last two episodes already feel like a film together.

Dereck

Why though? I donno why it took him two years to make ten 30 mins long episodes. The ending makes you want more as it feels like it kind of just ends.
n
It's because he has to keep doing stuff, the show is based on his own life, so if he makes another season too quickly he'll run out of actual real life material, he says

Just seen first episode of Season 2. Really enjoyable even if I didn't care for the classic film look.

It is a strange show though, and one of mild consistency rather than any peak highlights (I can barely remember Season 1). Also, unlike other shows of this ilk (from Louie to Curb to Peep Show), Aziz is a strangely middle of the road protagonist. He's not a nasty vile self centred outcast that both upsets everyone around him, and gets upset by everyone around him. He's not a clumsy fool that causes everything to crumble around him. He's just a pretty decent bloke that is finding his way through life. Which is unusual for this type of comedy.

It's greater than the sum of its parts though and looking forward to watch the rest of Season 2.

Swamped

Banned
Working through season 1 now, can't believe it took me this long to watch this! Really really enjoying this so far. Just watched Nashville, such a sweet and realistic episode. Dev and Rachel are just such nice people.

tauroxd

WHAT. I just finished the last episode.
Gutted me, God. But she's not wearing a ring in that scene!

So yeah, I did just watch the entire season in one day.

That final shot?

About the Final Episode Spoiler
Final Shot: it was a shot from the episode where Francesca stays at Dev's because of the weather. They have the same clothes and they are in the exact same position where you last see them in the night.

Random thoughts: I get why people don't like Arnold, but I can't help it to be happy when he is on camera. He is just goofy and fun. A fun friend that supports you is always good.

Episode 6 is a clear definition of a filler episode, but my God i LOVED IT A LOT. I found it very special and well intended, like a nice window into the lives of the characters. But they made of for the filler by Whole Season Spoiler
making episode 9 almost and hour long.

I also Whole Season Spoiler
Missed Rachel A LOT. I just loved her to death in Season 1 and it made me very sad to only see her in just that one scene,
and also because it was like a low punch from life to show you that peson in that specific moment. I loved Francesca, but she has a whole life very different from Dev's, starting with the fact that she is engaged, so I really was a expecting a comeback of Rachel, like Francesca was a "Summer" love. A very special and magical "Summer" love that you won't probably forget for many years but just that in the end.

Esiquio

Final Shot: it was a shot from the episode where Francesca stays at Dev's because of the weather. They have the same clothes and they are in the exact same position where you last see them in the night.

Random thoughts: I get why people don't like Arnold, but I can't help it to be happy when he is on camera. He is just goofy and fun. A fun friend that supports you is always good.

Episode 6 is a clear definition of a filler episode, but my God i LOVED IT A LOT. I found it very special and well intended, like a nice window into the lives of the characters. But they made of for the filler by Whole Season Spoiler
making episode 9 almost and hour long.

I also Whole Season Spoiler
Missed Rachel A LOT. I just loved her to death in Season 1 and it made me very sad to only see her in just that one scene,
and also because it was like a low punch from life to show you that peson in that specific moment. I loved Francesca, but she has a whole life very different from Dev's, starting with the fact that she is engaged, so I really was a expecting a comeback of Rachel, like Francesca was a "Summer" love. A very special and magical "Summer" love that you won't probably forget for many years but just that in the end.

Quick thought about the last episode:
I thought the same thing, but rewound it and she is very clearly not wearing a ring. When Dev is laying with her in bed in episode 9, it's made extremely obvious she has a huge ass rock on her hand. When Dev lays down next to her the shot focuses directly on her ring.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

But
she's was wearing white, collared shirt in that episode. In the ending, she's in black.

The Ramaniac definitely posts on GAF

Aziz or Alan clearly lurk around here.

tauroxd

Quick thought about the last episode:
I thought the same thing, but rewound it and she is very clearly not wearing a ring. When Dev is laying with her in bed in episode 9, it's made extremely obvious she has a huge ass rock on her hand. When Dev lays down next to her the shot focuses directly on her ring.

But
she's was wearing white, collared shirt in that episode. In the ending, she's in black.

I'm stoopid. You are both right.

Watched the first 3 eps last night and I really loved episode 2. It starts off high and just goes. Dev and Arnold is the best bromance since JD and Turk from Scrubs.

Sunster

did not expect that ending. i thought
her leaving would be the shows way of saying, "things don't always work out. move on." glad they didn't go that route.

Draper

they're fairly easy to acquire depending on where you live. just make sure you're getting quality carts. the stuff they mix it with to make it more viscous can be pretty bad for you.

I actually live in Colorado, so it probably shouldn't be too challenging, ha. Is it highly concentrated? I don't smoke weed often at all so I just want something really mellow.

Xando

Finished the season.

Favorite episode probably was 3. Loved everything about it. Especially his fathers lines.

jmood88

For the New York episode, each time they switched to a new person, I wanted the whole episode to be about them. Every character was great.

Just finished the Thanksgiving episode. Damn he got me with the feels.

I see what you're talking about. The feels and the shit was funny as hell. I was straight rolling bruh! When
Denise brought that o2nd girl over and she started talking about a damn dog video from World Star after they were talking about police brutality. The shit had me cracking the fuck up! When Dev put her on blast at the dinner table, I fucking tripped. "Hold on it's nipplesandtoes23"? Then this bitch asked for some damn chocolate milk and Aunty said "she's a THOT, That Hoe Over There" I lost it!

Too fucking funny my dude!

phanphare

Banned
I actually live in Colorado, so it probably shouldn't be too challenging, ha. Is it highly concentrated? I don't smoke weed often at all so I just want something really mellow.

nah it's not, the thc is diluted with whatever they mix it with. it's pretty mellow.

i just watched, "i love you new york"

holy fucking shit, that episode was GOLD Harold, GOLD

For the New York episode, each time they switched to a new person, I wanted the whole episode to be about them. Every character was great.

just finished that episode. this show is great.

Aizo

Banned
The second half was really great. My favorite episodes were the cab drivers, Denise's romantic history, and episode 9.

Top Bottom