• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't remember the name of this Movie/Cartoon/Song/etc.

Dali

They used to play this song on the radio fairly often and I wanted to hear it but can't really remember any lyrics. It's kinda linkin parkish. The guy is singing about needing help and the refrain is something like who can help me or I need help I'm drowning or something like that. At one point towards the end a kid's chorus says a line that i can't remember. It's not that old of a song.

Edit: nvm. I went through my YouTube playlists and found it. For those wondering it was this:

https://youtu.be/TkV5709EG5M

Hex

Banned
Some anime that was on Cartoon network i think probably wrong, it had a scene where when two Iirc main characters where the characters almost kiss the girl while the boy wasn't look and going for the kiss, extended what looked like vampire fangs. This is before the girl interrupted by a phone call.

Tenchi Muyo

This movie was probably made in the '60s or '70s. There's a small passenger plane, carrying about 2 dozen or so people. The pilot moves onto the runway and requests permission to take off. The tower gives the go ahead and the plane starts to move. As it does, the pilot's seat slides out of the cockpit, down the passenger aisle, and out the back of the plane. The pilot spends about a minute trying to catch up with the plane. When he finally gets back into the co-pilot seat, he again asks permission to take off. The tower responds "Yes, please!"

Reposting this in case someone knows it.

DonMigs85

Still trying to remember this movie/show - a man was desperately trying to break into his trailer/house because his pet goldfish/carp was flopping on the floor

rpmurphy

Looking for a shoujo anime that was on the air in Japan sometime around the mid-to-late 90's (I had a friend whose parents would tape random anime for me when they visited Japan). I vaguely recall that it had an art style reminiscent of One Piece -- cartoonish, long and thin bodies that accentuated the heads -- and I think was more or less a school romance story. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Edit: Found it! ご近所物語 / Neighborhood Story

Dali

Looking for a shoujo anime that was on the air in Japan sometime around the mid-to-late 90's (I had a friend whose parents would tape random anime for me when they visited Japan). I vaguely recall that it had an art style reminiscent of One Piece -- cartoonish, long and thin bodies that accentuated the heads -- and I think was more or less a school romance story. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Edit: Found it! ご近所物語 / Neighborhood Story
Haha based on that description i was just gonna say look up Clamp stuff. God I hate their designs.

Jackpot

Banned
A movie from 10-15 years ago. Only saw the trailer. It centered around a supernaturally lucky guy and its money shot was showing about a dozen red lights in a row click to green. Also showed a police helicopter following him getting into engine troubles. Lead was a kinda stocky guy with stubble, usually plays supporting roles only.

A movie from 10-15 years ago. Only saw the trailer. It centered around a supernaturally lucky guy and its money shot was showing about a dozen red lights in a row click to green. Also showed a police helicopter following him getting into engine troubles. Lead was a kinda stocky guy with stubble, usually plays supporting roles only.

Not a film, it was a Mercedes ad, 'Lucky Star', made to look like a trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoCLxp2W9xE

Shining

Not quite sure this was a movie, might have been a short film, but it must have been in the late 80's or the early 90s when i saw this on TV. All i remember is a kid walking down a hallway of some sort while something/someone is calling him from another room. When the kid enters, some kind of vortex appears and the kid gets sucked into it. Thats all i remember.. Might have been a horror short for kids or something.

Ronabo

An episode of a one of those horror/thriller shows.

I remember a "special needs kid" that had the power to make things come alive from pictures in magazines. All I can remember is he made a horrible thing come to life that ended up scaring his Dad/Mom to death or killing them.

I've searched and never found anything like this plot.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Didn't want to make a thread. I dunno how old the song is it sounds decently recent though. I heard it the other die the only lyrics I know are something along the lines of "what a feeling" in the chorus or "what I'm feeling". It's piano/strings driven if I remember right, but I don't know how else to explain it. Maybe somebody can help me out.

Flashdance?

An episode of a one of those horror/thriller shows.

I remember a "special needs kid" that had the power to make things come alive from pictures in magazines. All I can remember is he made a horrible thing come to life that ended up scaring his Dad/Mom to death or killing them.

I've searched and never found anything like this plot.

I think this was one of the Twilight Zone revivals?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734760/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_18

Jakabok

Nah, thanks, but it's not that either =(

It's possibly just an album track and it's also possibly even instrumental which would explain why no words are coming to my head which could help me identify it. I'm not sure I'm even going to be able to identify it. I'm sure it's probably from a male-fronted band from the 90s but I have no real evidence for that.

OMG I think it's this I'm thinking of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeFyD-JYWD0

Or it might be a coincidence. Now I'm not even sure!

Late response I know, but your song immediately reminded me of Gomez - 'Whippin' Picadilly':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrIkflT_YY

OBlue3

Neo Member
So I was searching for a similar thread across the internet about forgotten comics that you cannot remember its name and I did not find except this thread that seems to include many things. Hopefully I get an answer since the thread seems dead.
These two comic series were included in a local magazine in my country called "Majid Magazine" that included both native and translated comics and those two comic series were translated.

One is about a girl called in the magazine "B&B" and I do not think it is her original name as I could not find anything when I searched on google. The comic is about her pranks on her father and neighbors. It was a funny comic. I have some attached photos of it from "Majid Magazine".

The other one was more recent that "B&B", but I was not able to find a screenshot of it even from "Majid Magazine". It is about two human -or at least one of them as far as I remember- studying in a space school training in some kind of police academy or academy to defeat evil. It was comedic and they meet many people from different planets.

Please help me or refer me to another thread/link that may help me.

OBlue3

Neo Member
So I was searching for a similar thread across the internet about forgotten comics that you cannot remember its name and I did not find except this thread that seems to include many things. Hopefully I get an answer since the thread seems dead.
These two comic series were included in a local magazine in my country called "Majid Magazine" that included both native and translated comics and those two comic series were translated.

One is about a girl called in the magazine "B&B" and I do not think it is her original name as I could not find anything when I searched on google. The comic is about her pranks on her father and neighbors. It was a funny comic. I have some attached photos of it from "Majid Magazine".

The other one was more recent that "B&B", but I was not able to find a screenshot of it even from "Majid Magazine". It is about two human -or at least one of them as far as I remember- studying in a space school training in some kind of police academy or academy to defeat evil. It was comedic and they meet many people from different planets.

Please help me or refer me to another thread/link that may help me.
3285466277_443df7ce3f_o.jpg

Angelique

Neo Member
I'm looking for a cartoon I watched in about 2005-2007 but can't remember much. I just remember it's about a team of space travelers/mercenaries looking for relics on other planets and trying to stop an evil group. The lead guy wore a brown jacket I think and the girl in the team was alien and blue. The third team member was smart (if he actually existed and not a figment of my imagination). One episode I remember there was an criminal women that had a fling or history with the lead guy and they improsend her on the ship but she froze time or something and kissed the guy before escaping. The intro ended with the team ship flying into space I think. That's about al I remember and I soul greatly appreciate any leads on this cartoon.

Top Bottom