• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian |OT| In my memories, the monster always has kind eyes

hughesta

Banned
I can't believe it's here. I've been waiting so long. Wanting. Hoping.

Tomorrow is going to be very special for me.

PlayerOne

Banned
I have the Team Ico collection on PS3, played the first hour of ICO but couldn't get into it. That was three years ago amd I was in a different place in life. I wish I had stuck with it and especially given SotC a chance. I no longer have my PS3 hooked up (power cable lost during a move). I will however buy this game, just hope there's not too many callbacks I'll miss.

I played ICO on 2012 and coming in I knew it was something special but man, it even took me by surprise how I got into it.

SOTC I never finished but that was because a lot of things were happening to me back then. It was still very enthralling to play especially going up against the colossi.

c93f6ce7471216edfec74d1e9bb0e5ac.jpg

ron-moved.gif

Finally, the wait is almost over.

J-Skee

This OT... Sorry Final Fantasy XV, you're going to have to stay in the plastic just a little longer.

My copy of the Last Guardian comes on Thursday. Lights will be down, headphones will be on. I can't be bothered at any point when I'm playing this.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The Last Guardian jumped from #11 to #6 on Amazon PS4 Bestsellers list

Hopefully their ad campaign proved fruitful. They pushed this game far harder than I was expecting and were rather clever about how they advertised like the PewDiePie play through and the CG trailer before Fantastic Beasts.

Dinjooh

This OT... Sorry Final Fantasy XV, you're going to have to stay in the plastic just a little longer.

My copy of the Last Guardian comes on Thursday. Lights will be down, headphones will be on. I can't be bothered at any point when I'm playing this.

Sounds like my setup.

Oh also chilled white wine and tissues.

Salaadin

I almost don't want this to come out because then I can't go on neogaf anymore and talk about how much I want it to come out.

Seriously, though. Thank you to all of you hope filled idiots like me who never stopped believing. Time and time again, we'd sit there and mope together after E3 and pat each other on the back. "Next year!", we would say...over and over and over. Sometimes I felt like the biggest deluded moron on Earth.

Not anymore.

I love you all.

Batman7

Banned
Oh glorious thread. I've waited so long for this. I feel like I should say something important in a thread like this...for now just pure anticipation.

Valonquar

I have the Team Ico collection on PS3, played the first hour of ICO but couldn't get into it. That was three years ago amd I was in a different place in life. I wish I had stuck with it and especially given SotC a chance. I no longer have my PS3 hooked up (power cable lost during a move). I will however buy this game, just hope there's not too many callbacks I'll miss.

PS4 & PS3 share the same power cable (unless you have a pro)

You can play them on PS4 through PS Now. That's how I replayed Ico and SoTC earlier this year

Mifune

Mehmber
I almost don't want this to come out because then I can't go on neogaf anymore and talk about how much I want it to come out.

Seriously, though. Thank you to all of you hope filled idiots like me who never stopped believing. Time and time again, we'd sit there and mope together after E3 and pat each other on the back. "Next year!", we would say...over and over and over. Sometimes I felt like the biggest deluded moron on Earth.

Not anymore.

I love you all.

Amen, brother.

Every TLG-less E3 was like a dagger. It hurt that everyone was laughing and posting gifs. I looked at Y2Kev like, "Et tu?" I wore out Shuhei's reassurances that it was still in development.

And now, well, we've been redeemed.

Menaged

I got misty eyed reading the timeline. It feels so weird that some events and quotes relating to this game are etched in my memory. I remember most of them so vividly and can't believe it's been so long.

Then reading the long message I teared up a bit. It was so beautiful, and I just can't believe it's actually happening...

KodaRuss

Truly the end of an era. I cant wait until I load the game up for the first time. I need to replay Ico and Sotc again at some point soon as well.

My CE is in transit. Going to be great.

I loved SoTC....very excited for this.
Although I'm worried at how much this game will pull at my heart strings. Haven't read any spoilers...hoping with all my heart Dogbird lives and there's a happy ending.

Smellycat

SOTC was the second game after SOTN where I realized that I was playing a masterpiece. I hope I get the same reaction from this game!!

Can't wait

Top Bottom