• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian |OT| In my memories, the monster always has kind eyes

xclk07

All right... I give in. Because of the Y2Kev impressions, the reviews, and the general excitement of getting to play (one more? another?) Ueda game for all the feels, I've decided to burn my last PTO day of 2016 tomorrow. Maybe I'll even buy digital and jump in tonight.

I was always curious about FFXV, but didn't really feel invested. The impressions have gotten me re-invested from 2009 for TLG and I can't fight this feeling (anymore).

Gradly

I'm way more proud than I should be to have my thread title suggestion used for the official thread. Any other game I wouldn't be so fussed, but The Last Guardian man. I've been waiting for this game desperately since 2009, so I feel honoured even by such a little thing.

Wonderful OP Agram.

I'm predownloading it right now and been waiting for it since long time, but I really don't get the title reference?

I was talking to my brother the other day about how playing the next Ueda game ON THE PS3(!!!) was what gripped me after I had completed Shadow of the Colossus. But upon getting that next gen console, I had become a huge fan of the Uncharted franchise, the Assassin's Creed titles, Resistance, Warhawk, Dark Souls, Rock Band, MGS4 and Rising, thatgamecompany etc etc... I had played several games within these franchises (and some in the current generation as well) while waiting for this. I can't believe it's finally here!

Raitaro

That OT is wonderful. Can't believe this is finally happening.

My thoughts exactly.

Edit: now if I only had not forgotten to pre-order the game from Amazon in order to avoid getting stuck with a German (language) box I'd be playing it soon. Sigh...why did we have to move to Germany, wife?

Robiin

It's not the kind of game you want to rush, but yeah, you can probably do it in 2 days
I never rush in games, it's just that I actually have nothing to do all day tomorrow, just finished watching Daredevil and want new entertainment to consume. Was gonna wait until Friday to start this up (payday) but if I can finish SotC in that time I'll do it :) thanks for the answer!

Greecian-

I can't believe I'll be finally playing this game in less than 7 hours. I didn't realize 7 years had passed so quickly!

Astral

These last two weeks have really been the end of an era. I still have my worries about this game but fuck it. All I know is that Ico and SotC both almost brought me to tears so I don't expect to be disappointed with the story at least.

Shoeless

I'm still in a mild state of shock that it finally happened. OT is here, and I'm just waiting for the digital unlock at midnight tonight. Not vaporware. It's real. Man...

I never rush in games, it's just that I actually have nothing to do all day tomorrow, just finished watching Daredevil and want new entertainment to consume. Was gonna wait until Friday to start this up (payday) but if I can finish SotC in that time I'll do it :) thanks for the answer!

I'm sure you'll love it! You're welcome

I want to get this so badly tomorrow but with not being able to play games anywhere near as much as I used to and FF 15 probably gonna take me a month to finish I will wait. Gonna be hard to do though ><

Damn... should I get the collectors edition? I love that art book and like the look of the statue. People around here with the statue who can confirm of it is any good?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Are people with a pro gonna play in 1080p mode to get the solid 30fps experience?
No 4K OLED yet so that's a yup. Hopefully by next year they'll iron out the 4K mode kinks & I get to experience it again at checkerboard rendered 4K with HDR. =)

I can't believe this is happening.
ICO was the second game I ever played.
I bought a PS3 for this game.
I bought a PS4 for this game.
I got into game design because of Ueda.
And I'm now on a course pursuing my dreams because of him, and I finally get to play it just as I get a significant role in our little dev team.
This is gonna be magical.

wouwie

I only started playing on console with the arrival of the PS3 so sadly i missed the whole PS1 and PS2 area when Ico and SotC (amongst many other great games) were released. I'm glad there is a 3rd opportunity with The Last Guardian. I can't wait to go to the store and buy my physical copy on Wednesday.

Top Bottom