• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Helmet joins instagram, posts pictures of his action figures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, what's going on in this thr...

oZ698.gif

Altairre

Yep. Scenery chewing awfulness. If "acting kooky" and that desperate attempt to be crazed is all it takes to be a good Joker people have fecking awful low expectations.

It's better than whatever the fuck Leto's Joker was supposed to be. And the ham is part of that show (literally). His popularity is why they brought him back after all.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Remember the "clever" pr "leaks" about how Jared Leto was so into character he was scaring the other caste members and sending them dead animals and stuff? Great days.

ericexpo

Exec 1: Alright so how do we get across the point that this new joker is edgy and damaged, unlike Ledgers joker who was more subtle
Exec 2: Uhm..hm....Tattoos?
Exec 1: You mean tattoos all over his body and he has 'damaged on his forehead'? Perfect!

Exec 3: my son goes to that hot topic alll the time kids love that

Every time I see Leto as the joker I think he probably smells just awful

Pizza

at least Leto' joker will be in some film at some point I guess?

Suicide Squad was a disservice to the extreme takes they decided to go with for those characters. I think they all have potential, but the movie wasn't good enough to utilize it.

"Damaged" is dumb, but the in-universe reasoning was that batman broke his face in when he killed the joker (also hence the grill)

That should've been in the movie.

I think "crime lord of Instagram" is a much more interesting "grounded" joker than ledgers. He put on a good performance but "mysterious drifter" isn't the joker's MO in my head. That my problem though.

Hopefully a good writer and director USE that joker, because I could absolutely see him
killingf Lois to make a dramatic point about superman
later down the line.

if this joker winds up dangling on the end of superman's arm I wonder how people will feel about it

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Dark Helmet is Rick Moranis's character is Spaceballs. Why is Jared Leto and batman in this thread?

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I'm laughing at Batman's face more than anything. What kind of expression is that?
That's Batfleck saying "I did not agree to be penetrated!" in his best shitty Bale Batvoice.

Super crazy uber mega fan. If I remember correctly, his last ban was him asking Snyder to rape him after watching the JL trailer. He's in need of some decaf..and sunlight.
I didn't believe you at first, but you're right...
Holy fuck, There's Literally Clouds coming over my area, pretty sure Snyder controlling them we about to be Blown off
I'm up any word on Trailer, and for your kind Info today is Snyder day 25th Mar
Holy Fuck Flash Teaser was literally the LEVELS, my heart got a Big Sigh watching that, I'mma Worship Ma Gawd Snyder
I'm ready to be blown away, bless me Zackie
tumblr_nd6q96rvrm1rlyq04o6_250.gif
Or ZACK SNYDER CAN TAKE ME AS AN OSCAR!
McQvks5.gif

weshes195

People who shit on the DC movies and then praise crap like Gotham will never not be amusing. Shit is like big budget deviant art.

That doesn't make sense, it is polar opposite of the DC movies. It has dark and even edgy things in it, but it is also campy, cheesy, and knows that doing crazy shit while knowing it is insane actually makes for entertaining television.

charsace

I don't think Jared is the problem. The character was written badly. They didn't know what to do with him, they just wanted him to be in the movie.

Alienous

Jared Leto's Joker was just so awful. And it's a shame, because I think with decent direction he could have really pulled off a great version of the character.

Either 'Hunka Hunka' was written into the script, or Leto improvised it and everyone on set pretended it was awesome. Either way that intepretation went off the rails in a really poor, unexciting way. You have 75+ years of comic book history - just take the stuff that has risen to the top over time, and "grape soda on ice and a bear skin rug" isn't it.

And the Academy Award winning hair and makeup is just awful. They picked perhaps the worst shade of green possible for the Joker's hair, the greasepaint he's wearing isn't nearly white enough, and the lipstick just looks weird and undefined. It's the kind of results I'd expect from a kid who's a fan of the Joker, and attempts to apply similar makeup without a mirror. Just bottom shelf awful.

nded

Batman the Animated Series certainly wasn't anime.

A few of the episodes actually were animated in Japan. On Leather Wings had a few scenes that just scream 90s anime, particularly the one with the police blimp breaking through cloud cover.

SS and Xmen:A are not worth your time. Particularly SS. Haven't seen BVS Ultimate edition.
yeah SS does not interest me very much, but after having become a fan of Thrones, I wanna check out Xmen just to see Sansa as Jean...feel like that'd be interesting.
You're not really missing out on anything significant tbh.
I figured as much, luce
Just watched Suicide Squad this week, it was such trash.
yeah the only guy I ever knew
who said it was good had some pretty bad taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom