• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just ate at Arby's for the first time ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't had Arby's in about 25 yrs. Our local one has been replaced with a knockoff called John's.
ORf7mWG.jpg

Korigama

Turn your location on, I wanna fight
Like everyone else said, you want their sauce instead for that (I don't bother with the horsey sauce though, but that's me).
My two cents is they do have horsey sauce and Arby sauce to put on their sandwiches. Also, you should have gotten the beef and cheddar. Also, never go to Arby's without a coupon because man are they expensive as a fast food joint.
This is also important.

I like all the jokes about Arby's, but I also like Arby's. The sandwiches are plain, but they give you a tangy red sauce, Aby's Sauce, or a horseradish sauce, Horsey Sauce, to put on them if you want. Both are pretty good. Also, it's best not to let them get cold. Start eating them as soon as you can, the warmer the better.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Mayo on roast beef is fine, although mayo really belongs on a ham and cheese.

I think arbys is terrible but my wife loves it. I guess their coffee shake ain't bad.

Kade

Mayo on roast beef, my guy what's wrong with you?

Never put mayo on anything darker than turkey breast.

lol I don't know what you got there, but it doesn't even sound like anything arby's sells.

Are you sure you didn't go to Arbies?

cold cut roast beef on sliced white bread and nothing else?
they're known for hot roast beef sandwiches on sesame buns and horseradish sauce.

and if you're not getting their beef and cheddar with extra southwestern sauce, and a crispy fried medium curly fry with a root beer, you're failing at the Arby's game.

Also their seasonal specialty sandwiches like the potroast sub and the smoked pork belly with gouda cheese are also pretty unique and also good.

I mean if you go to a place and order the worst thing on the menu, thats kind of on you, not them.

1. The sandwich was not hot. Luke warm is being generous.
2. Why do you sound like an Arby's PR person with these romantic and embellished descriptions of their menu items? 🤔

Also GAF I got a combo. That's why it was almost $10

Also, never go to Arby's without a coupon because man are they expensive as a fast food joint.

2 for $5 dips ain't bad if you need a bite with somebody. But yeah, since getting rid o the 5 for $5 like a decade ago they're mostly 'only go if you have coupon' place.

Their ridiculously massive Meat Mountain Combo wasn't even $10 (pre-tax anyway). What you ordered wouldn't be $10.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Look at these chumps in here hating on mayo. Bunch of John Whitebread McBoringtons in here.

Mayo is the god condiment. And none of that american Hellmans shit either.

Wait you spent $10 on a fast food sandwich?

Damn son just get the value menu stuff. Regular fast food "meals" are never worth it, and you can get a far more amount of food for your money by sticking to the value meals.

You can get mayo packets, Arby's Sauce (an unholy bbq-ish sauce) or Horsey Sauce (Horseradish-y mayo-y sauce) or ketchup like some kind of normie

I don't think many places put mayo on hot sandwiches any more, especially fast food places so they can't be held responsible if you get something like food poisoning from it

Your sandwich also shouldn't have been cold.

I assume his whole meal was $10, plus value meal food is way too plain usually.

And where do you live that this isn't the norm for a premium sandwich meal? You can't get anything that is resturant level for $10 around here. You'd pay $15 minimum before drink or tip.

I'm not a fan of Arby's, but it honestly sounds like you just fucked up ordering something there. They literally have pictures of everything on their menu.

Korigama

Look at these chumps in here hating on mayo. Bunch of John Whitebread McBoringtons in here.

Mayo is the god condiment. And none of that american Hellmans shit either.
No hating on it from me. I've just never heard of anyone putting it on roast beef before now.

akira28

1. The sandwich was not hot. Luke warm is being generous.
2. Why do you sound like an Arby's PR person with these romantic and embellished descriptions of their menu items? ��

because I haven't eaten yet and there might be a delicious Arby's milkshake in my future. And the BBQ chicken wrap would be perfect with it.

and I blame you.

edit: lol, those aren't embelishments, those are the instructions you have to give to the cashier in order to enjoy yourself, you absolute madman. I was trying to help you

hydruxo

I haven't been to Arby's in years, but you gotta at least put the Arby's Sauce on the roast beef sandwich.

Haven't had Arby's in about 25 yrs. Our local one has been replaced with a knockoff called John's.

That is legitimately one of the worst logos I have ever seen in my life.

Arby's knows it's expensive, that's why it has special deals for poor people. You just have to know about them and ask. The main one is 5 sandwiches for like $8.

I probably haven't been to an Arby's in almost 15 years and even then it was over priced crap for what you get outside some sale and still feel like I paid too much Don't think they've been remotely decent since the early-mid 90s.

Things I've learned over the years when it comes to Arby's:

- Never eat their roast beef sandwiches without Arby's sauce
- Their other sandwiches are far better
- They have the best Reubens you can get from a fast food chain
- Their turnovers are the best

It's still one of my favorite fast food places, the only one I go to since I've given up on Subway

border

Hey guys, I looked at pictures of the 12+ sandwiches Arby's serves and decided to order the most absolutely bland-looking one.

Now I'm really disappointed -- this sandwich is bland! What did I spend my $10 on?

Camjo-Z

Arby's: when your hunger is stronger than your memory!

They're... OK. I liked them a lot better before they got rid of the lava cake, they brought it back but it's a different recipe and not nearly as good.

I've eaten at Arby's at least a hundred times and have never had the plain roast beef sandwich. They have other items that look much more appetizing on the windows and menu. The Gyros are good, that steak bacon and cheese sandwich is too. The market fresh sandwiches are very good as well. Especially the Reuben.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Their 'signature' item (roast beef) is probably their worst item. The 'market fresh' sandwiches are pretty good tho.

Van Bur3n

Your mistake was eating their roast beef. You need to eat their chicken sandwiches. The one with bacon, Swiss cheese, and honey mustard is the bee's knees.

Their prices are bad. No denying that. But I do like an arbys sandwich or 3.
Their prices USED to be good. They had a long running special back in the day, 4 roast beef sandwiches for $5. Once that special went away, they were no longer worth going to anymore. The quality of the food is shit-tier, so they need to price the food as such. Instead they charge a premium. Overpriced crap.

The funny part is if you go to a place that does it right like Lions Choice in St. Louis, just the plain roast beef is an amazing sandwich. And you can also get cheese sauce and horseradish too of course.

Zackat

you gotta get the arby's sauce

also broncoberry sauce for the jalapeno poppers is
VsnO8py.jpg
best corn syrup sauce I've ever had

Arby's is not very good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom