• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Users reporting Amazon is cancelling orders of Persona 5 (PS4) (READ MOD POST)

As others are saying, my Take Your Heart edition for Florida is still around. If it truly is a hardware defect we'd obviously be hearing about cancellations for other retailers as well. I suppose Amazon may have just been the first to know of it, but we'll have to wait and see on that.

Tjamato88

I haven't gotten my order cancelled yet but I'm sure it's coming.

If I need to I'll order it digitally or get the regular edition from Amazon.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
The explanation provided by the rep idoesn't actually make sense. Detected by a customer? How did that happen for a preorder product, exactly?

Regardless, this doesn't seem to be affecting all orders unless they're taking it really slowly, so I'm curious what the scope is of the cancellation.
Amazon reps lie all the time. During the Gears of War 4 launch, they had no delivery estimate a day before it was released and they spewed some bullshit to me about the "Devs not being able to handle a Friday release and were delaying the game for everyone" despite the fact that literally every other retailer I could have bought it from would be able to get the game out in time.

Neoweee

*flashbacks of Persona 3's last minute delay over the artbook binding*

*flashbacks of Nocturne's last minute delay*

As others are saying, my Take Your Heart edition for Florida is still around. If it truly is a hardware defect we'd obviously be hearing about cancellations for other retailers as well. I suppose Amazon may have just been the first to know of it, but we'll have to wait and see on that.
GA resident here and I haven't got canceled yet.

Swiggins

Still no email for either the steelbook or the Take your Heart editions. Hope I at least keep the CE, I don't mind buying a regular version if the steelbook has a defect or whatever.

The Take Your Heart edition comes with the Steelbook anyway.

If this games get deleyed I'm going to be fucking furious...

Will probably skip the thread because there's going to be a lot of anger and little defence for team Atlus. Will probably end up going digital and buy a retail copy when it's cheap for the physical collection I've built for the ps4.

Interesting, I opted for the standard one anyways, not a fan of steel books nor the way Amazon would have shipped it to me. I am sure it would have been bubble enveloped and dented to hell and back.

NullMoon

Neo Member
Actually ended up cancelling my Amazon order and switched to BB for the TYH Edition when they did the Visa Checkout thing so I'm safe for now. Hopefully this isn't a wide spread issue across the board it really sucks for those who's orders were cancelled, I'm sorry. If it is indeed a widespread thing though I'll just go digital. Come hell or high water I'm playing Persona 5 on 4/4.

Briarios

I am also in Florida, and mine has not been cancelled. Perhaps a shipment at one of their distribution centers was damage and it's a regional thing.

Aselith

The actual reason why the order was canceled is that the entire inventory Amazon had received from the manufacturer had a major defect that was detected by one of our valued customer like you're and then an investigation began to check if all the items have the same issue and we had to cancel mass orders and return the item back to the manufacturer

How would I customer detect a defect in an unreleased product? That doesn't make sense

BTA

If the defect really is the actual steelbook, that's just... ugh. Might have my entire order cancelled because of a defect with the one thing I actively did not want. Cool.

Ibuki

Banned
I really hope this doesn't happen for BB orders since I will lose the Visa Checkout discount and get retroactively charged an extra 12 for Yakuza 0 which I got months ago.

Please man, no more of this BS. I ordered the TYH edition but at this point I just wanna play the flippin game. Hopefully its just an Amazon specific issue and not every single unit.

Top Bottom