• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |OT3| "That sounds like the GameTrailers guy!"

Kyle stopped Tetris because he was going onto something else.

I completely forgot why. What was he moving onto again? And is there a timeframe for it? Probably after box peek I'm assuming.

GameDev stream.

I'm eagerly anticipating that stream. That will be great.

And yes, starts after Box Peek is done.

Yeah it's kinda sad that my first reaction to the news is being sure that more parts of Bioware are probably next on the list. It's just an expectation EA has created over years of repeated decision making. Even sadder is that I'm not that bothered by that possibility(taking many people possibly losing their jobs out of the equation).

Yeah, I can see that, then probably DICE some time after that. EA have an uncanny ability to drive good studios into the ground and then close them.

Honestly, I'm surprised The Old Republic is still a thing. I can't remember the last time I heard someone talk about that game.

Just finished Divinity 2 yesterday. I'm thinking of a smaller game to hold me off before Mario Odyssey. Maybe Shadow Warrior 2 or something.

Also watching this Pokemon Stadium 2 tournament. I love Stadium!

I'm guessing you mean Divinity Original Sin 2, not the actual Divinity 2? They're two different games, Original Sin's a spinoff series.

I really want to play both Original Sin's (plus Pillars of Eternity) but I've been really focused on JRPGs this year. I wrapped up Final Fantasy X and then dove straight into Final Fantasy IX, in large part thanks to the PS4 theme (and its music) you get when you buy the game. Maybe next year I'll be able to make some time for some WRPGs.

So I made a list of the games I want to finish by the end of the year. It’s.....not looking good

The Evil Within 2 (on chapter 6)
Mario Galaxy
Wolfenstein 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
Persona 5
Divinity Original Sin 2
Edith finch

Using how long to beat.com and my guesses for the 2 unreleased games I’m looking at like 270 hours?

I think I can get all of those done except either Divinity or Persona isn’t going to make it. I’ll have to pick one and the other I’ll run out of time

So I made a list of the games I want to finish by the end of the year. It’s.....not looking good

Mario Galaxy
Wolfenstein 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
Persona 5
Divinity Original Sin 2
Edith finch

Using how long to beat.com and my guesses for the 2 unreleased games I’m looking at like 270 hours?

I think I can get all of those done except either Divinity or Persona isn’t going to make it. I’ll have to pick one and the other I’ll run out of time

At the beginning of the month I wanted to get through The Evil Within with the DLC and then do The Evil Within 2... Now I'll be lucky to finish the first one.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

Mario Galaxy
Wolfenstein 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
Persona 5
Divinity Original Sin 2
Edith finch

That's a meaty list good luck!

dickroach

before the end of the year for me:
Persona 4 Golden (like 45 hours in)
Cuphead (an hour or two in)
The Last Guardian (3 or 4 hours in)
Thumper (3 or 4 hours in)
Mario Odyssey (haven't started)
The Fractured But Whole (haven't started)
Metal Gear Solid (haven't started

EZ

Yeah, I meant Original Sin 2. I didn't even know just "Divinity" was a thing. lol.

Yeah, the Divinity series has been around for a while. The only one I've played is Dragon Commander, which was the last one before they found (somewhat) mainstream success Original Sin and was a RTS with RPG elements. It was a really cool concept but got too tedious for my liking, so I ended up dropping it.

Now that I mention it though, I'd love for Ben to stream it.

Mario Galaxy
Wolfenstein 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
Persona 5
Divinity Original Sin 2
Edith finch

Wow, good luck with that. Of those games, Persona 5 took me about a month (though I did start a new game plus to get that last f'n trophy), Horizon took me about half a month and Edith Finch took me an afternoon.

My list is something like:

Final Fantasy IX (currently around the middle of disc 3)
Final Fantasy X-2
Hidden Agenda
Horizon: Zero Dawn - The Frozen Wilds
Life is Strange: Before the Storm (playing episode 2 this afternoon)
Pokemon Black 2 (currently have 5 badges)
Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon
Pyre
The Silver Case

I think it should be fairly easy. Only three RPGs and the Pokemon games are fairly short RPGs by today's standards, so FFX-2 is the only one that will take up a lot of time.

Finished Killzone: Mercenary. Good game, wish it was the PS4 launch title over Shadow Fall. Though, it had the most generic "mercs" I've ever seen. How did those Iraq War dude bro contractor stereotype guys not change their fashion in however many hundreds/thousands of years Killzone takes place in the future lol.

Moving on to Trails in the Sky: Cold Steel on Vita. Also going to double down on Nier Automata, it's time to beat this thing... multiple times.

Having the various podcasts on in the background is great for chugging away at non important parts of games.

mcw

Grateful to see some FF14 activity on the EZA Plays channel. That game is one of the best games you can play right now but it hardly ever gets any discussion on the EZA podcasts. The same could be said for WoW Legion, I suppose— it’s hard to give time to any MMO, no matter how good, when you need to make time for the new games coming out every week.

abrack08

That sounds fun, let's see... My list would look like this:

Danganronpa V3 (just finished case
number 5
)
Mario Odyssey
Tokyo Mirage Sessions (~20 hours in)
Yakuza 0 (played the first chapter a few months ago)
Everybody's Golf (just started rank 6)
South Park: The Stick of Truth
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Final Fantasy IX (just left the ice cave so still super early)
Until Dawn
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Bayonetta 2

I'm also in a Madden league playing twice a week and still playing Destiny 2 at least once a week... I give myself a 0% chance

Congrats to Huber on his Dodgers making the World Series. He must be so happy.

Yeah, I'm happy for Huber. It's a great feeling. I think my most cherished sports memory is watching Neftali Feliz strike out A-Rod to send the Rangers to their first World Series in 2010. I still get chills thinking about it.

Been binging on Huber's RE streams from the GT days. I assume he never streamed any of the spinoffs, Revelations, Chronicles etc? He was mentioning Revelations at the end of the Zero stream but I think that was shortly before GT was shut down.

Man, watching Huber's streams really makes me wanna replay the entire series myself. And I still haven't played VII yet! (I guess at this point I might as well wait for that Gold Edition...)

I'll feel extremely accomplished if I simply beat Zelda, Horizon and Persona 5 this year. Oh and I already finished Uncharted!

As you should. I envy you.

It took me a month to finish Zelda (e: almost three, actually) a couple of weeks for Uncharted 4 and after 200 hours I kinda gave up on The Witcher 3. I really want to start with Horizon, but after TW3 I feel like squeezing a smaller, linear game in before I start another massive open world game. There's no way I'll get to finish it this year.

Cold blooded had some nicely written lines in that forza 7 review. I heard the rumblings due to the loot boxes but not being a person that has put time into the series nor really dug into the details the review did s great job explaining what has changed and how it’s negatively impacted the game design.

I’m really tired of MS’s requirement to have card packs in every game they develop. Consumable items you receive by random boxes is just the worst form of loot boxes I can think of. There’s nothing rewarding in receiving them. There’s nothing rewarding in using them as you know it means they’re going away. Ugh the worst.

Hasney

The thing about loot boxes is that even when they're not tied to microtransactions, they're still ruining some games designs.

WWE 2k18 has no payment method, but you can no longer create what you want for the career mode as you have to unlock body and costume parts as well as moves. The game is so broken that I honestly believe that they tried to get purchasable VC in there like in NBA, but they couldn't get it working reliably.

I'll feel extremely accomplished if I simply beat Zelda, Horizon and Persona 5 this year. Oh and I already finished Uncharted!

that is quite an amazing feat. i'm still stuck at Zelda and Mario is out next week which should keep me occupied for the rest of the year.

Hasney

Beaten this year:

Persona 5
Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami
Zelda BOTW
Kingdom Hearts 1
Nier Automata

I think there's more, but I can't remember.

ToonLink

For me it will probably be:

Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Nier Automata
FFIX (started)
Yakuza Kiwami
Persona 4 Golden (started)
Mario + Rabbids (started)
Picross S (started)

For the rest of the year. I'd like to get to Gravity Rush 2 before the servers are down, but we'll see I guess.

I think I've beaten around 20 games this year, but a lot of them are small games. The largest of the bunch are probably BotW, Persona 5, Yakuza 0 and FFXV. I guess Danganronpa 1-2 Reload too since I was going for the platinum. Also been playing multiplayer games like Overwatch, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Splatoon 2.

The biggest surprise for me this year was Yakuza 0, which I got into thanks to Huber and Ben. :')

demu

Games I've beaten in 2017 (in this order):

Child of Light
Captain Toad
Zelda BOTW
Final Fantasy VII
r3hZ7D0.png

N.Sane Crash 1
r3hZ7D0.png

N.Sane Crash 2
r3hZ7D0.png

N.Sane Crash Warped
r3hZ7D0.png

Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Final Fantasy X HD
r3hZ7D0.png

Final Fantasy IX
r3hZ7D0.png

Now 13 hours into South Park and that will probably be it for the rest of the year.

Fou-Lu

Games I have beaten so far this year:
The Last Guardian
Parasite Eve
Dragon Quest Builders
Frog Fractions
Baten Kaitos Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Breath of Fire 3
Super Mario RPG
Skies of Arcadia
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Lunar 2
Momodora 4
Persona 5
Trails in the Sky the 3rd
Tales of Berseria
What Remains of Edith Finch
Inside
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Xanadu Next
Xenosaga Episode I
Xenosaga Episode II
Kamiko
Vagrant Story
Hyper Light Drifter
Bravely Default
Xenosaga Episode III
Trails of Cold Steel
Metroid Zero Mission
Baten Kaitos Origins

Before end of year lists eh?:

Tales of the Abyss
Shin Megami Tensei
Mario+Rabbids
Yakuza 0
Horizon Zero Dawn
Cosmic Star Heroine
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I will probably finish most of these plus some other classic JRPGs I haven't thought about yet. I am definitely considering playing some Final Fantasy spinoffs or sequels I haven't before.

CyReN

Games I've Beaten in 2017 So Far:
  • Firewatch
  • RESIDENT EVIL 7
  • Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
  • Assassin's Creed Rogue
  • Watch Dogs 2
  • Dishonored 2
  • Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor
  • Little Nightmares
  • Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons
  • The Walking Dead Season 3
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda
  • Outlast 2
  • Halo Wars 2
  • Prey
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Killzone Shadow Fall
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Order: 1886
  • The Last of Us Remastered (+DLC)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

-------------

Excited for the onslaught of games to come in the next month.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be interested in everyone's graveyard list once 2018 is upon us games they had to sacrifice along the way in this crazy year. As someone that generally plays most stuff that I buy my list is easily far bigger than my backlog.
Since I won't likely have the money for a switch this year. I think after divinity os 2 and ys 8 I can look at some of the other stuff for the first time that has been in the back of my mind this year. Many choices and places I could go:
- Tales of Berseria
- Dangan Ronpa v3
- Ys 7
- Night in the Woods
- Steamworld dig 2
- Cuphead
- Gravity rush 2
- Horizon complete edition
- Cosmic star heroine
- Nioh DLC
- Hack dot
Just the ones that jump right now to me that don't require me to get a new system. Likely still forgetting a ton. My heart hurts to not be able to get into Xenoblade 2 when it hits but who knows.

Also put like 2 hours into divinity os 2 and as other people already convincingly made the case for it even in those 2 hours I'm experiencing a lot of the things that were described.
I assume it's only going to get better and if it does it's another goty worthy game.

ShadyK54

Looking over everyone's lists, and I realize I really need to get better at completing all my games lol. I always set a goal to finish the majority of what I have, but then I end up buying more & more and make the list grow more & more.

Looking at my PSN profile, these look like the games I've beaten in 2017:

• Injustice 2
  • Doom
  • The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
  • 999 (from the Nonary Games collection)
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  • Persona 5
  • Danganronpa 1.2 Reload
  • Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony

Going to try my hardest & get through some more big hitters before the year is over, like Yakuza, Nier, and Super Mario Odyssey.

Games I have beaten so far this year:
The Last Guardian
Parasite Eve
Dragon Quest Builders
Frog Fractions
Baten Kaitos Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Breath of Fire 3
Super Mario RPG
Skies of Arcadia
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Lunar 2
Momodora 4
Persona 5
Trails in the Sky the 3rd
Tales of Berseria
What Remains of Edith Finch
Inside
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Xanadu Next
Xenosaga Episode I
Xenosaga Episode II
Kamiko
Vagrant Story
Hyper Light Drifter
Bravely Default
Xenosaga Episode III
Trails of Cold Steel
Metroid Zero Mission
Baten Kaitos Origins

Before end of year lists eh?:

Tales of the Abyss
Shin Megami Tensei
Mario+Rabbids
Yakuza 0
Horizon Zero Dawn
Cosmic Star Heroine
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I will probably finish most of these plus some other classic JRPGs I haven't thought about yet. I am definitely considering playing some Final Fantasy spinoffs or sequels I haven't before.

goddamn. i want your free time.

dickroach

I've beat like 30 games this year, but only four 2017 games :\
Breath of the Wild
Psychonauts: Rhombus of Ruin
Knack 2
Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+

but yeah, 2017 is great. there's a solid ten other 2017 games I wanna play through (not that I'll get to them this year)

I just bought a Switch last night because I need to play Odyssey and I feel like it'd be impossible to find one if I waited till next week when Odyssey comes out.

edit: make it five. Cuphead down

I'd like to play/finish Bokida, Sexy Brutale, Nier, Fidel, and PREY before 'gaf goty voting.' pretty much played everything else I want to play from 2017

Budi

I'm also very behind on games. I have few must plays before the GOTY voting thread, with some of those having time to play won't be an issue since they are pretty short. For example, What Remains of Edith Finch is something I'm most looking forward to. Only thing holding me off is the wait for Steam sale. I've currently only played 8 games released this year, Vanquish and Ghost Recon Wildlands being games I haven't really given enough time for proper judgement. I'd say Bayonetta is my favorite so far with it's PC release.

emb

Games I beat this year:
Uncharted 4
Final Fantasy VII
Splatoon
Resident Evil 7
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Hyper Light Drifter
Dragon Warrior
Guacamelee
Metroid: Samus Returns

Kind of an eclectic lineup. Uncharted was kind of a spill over from '16. FFVII was played in bits and pieces here and there. Guacamelee and HLD had limited physical releases, so I was glad to finally get to play those. I kept up with only a few of the big releases, but there were some really great times there, especially Zelda.

For the rest of the year, I'm hoping to beat:
Mario Odyssey
Mario + Rabbids
Axiom Verge (if it actually gets released physically this year)

Stretch goals are to finish Xenoblade 2 this year (most likely will take into next year) and to finish my replay of Skies of Arcadia (been loving it so far, but almost certain I'll lose interest after I get my hands on Mario and then other games start releasing).

abrack08

Games Beaten in 2017:

• Overcooked
  • Tales from the Borderlands
  • Doom 2016
  • Hidden my game by mom
  • Hidden my game by mom 2
  • Twilight Princess HD
  • The Fall
  • Gravity Rush 2
  • Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance HD
  • Kingdom Hearts 0.2
  • Fire Emblem Heroes (at least finished all the main story missions)
  • For Honor
  • Snipperclips
  • Breath of the Wild
  • NieR: Automata
  • Persona 5
  • Kamiko
  • Injustice 2
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • A Normal Lost Phone
  • Watch Dogs 2
  • Shovel Knight
  • Splatoon 2
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
  • Pyre
  • Madden 18 (story mode + finished a whole season in Franchise mode, I'm counting it)
  • A Kings Tale: FFXV
  • Sonic Mania
  • Destiny 2
  • Mario's Early Years: Preschool Fun (weird SNES game that my friend found at his house)
  • Madden 17 (played multiple seasons prior to Madden 18 coming out)

Plus I'm VERY close to beating Danganronpa V3, close to finishing the ranks in Everybody's Golf, and have put a decent amount of time into Overwatch and Rocket League this year (not sure if those can ever count as beaten/finished).

I've also seen 38 movies and watched 39 seasons of TV...

Philippo

We playing lists? I'd gladly join!

Completed this year:
The Witcher 3 Blood & Wine
The Last Guardian
Nioh
NieR: Automata
Persona 5
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Hitman
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Gravity Rush 2

Still to finish this year:
Horizon
Mario + Rabbids
Kingdom Hearts DDD + BBS 0.2
Shovel Knight

Games that i will start in December and finish next year:
Mario Odyssey
Tales of Berseria

Axass

I'm not going to post the list of games I'd want to beat before 2018, its length would be shameful.

I put more than 100 hours in BotW and only did two divine beasts and about half the shrines...

BTW - I just watched the one-off TTE and it's some good stuff. Everyone was hilarious!

ToonLink

Looking over everyone's lists, and I realize I really need to get better at completing all my games lol. I always set a goal to finish the majority of what I have, but then I end up buying more & more and make the list grow more & more.

I have the same problem. Sales don't help. :(

emb

Finally listening to the podcast, and loving the EZA take on the Visceral/SW stuff. I just read the 1313 chapter in Blood Sweat & Pixels the other day too, after listening to the recommendation from Community Comments. Such an unfortunate saga. :(

grimmiq

My list for 2017 is smaller than I would have liked, but a lot of the ones I finished were pretty long, and a lot of the ones I'm still going through are even longer.

Kingdom Hearts (+ watching CoM/358)
Destiny 2
FFVII (Still need 2 or 3 trophies for the platinum)
Yakuza 0
Persona 5
Nier Automata
Mass Effect Andromeda
Horizon Zero Dawn
Nioh
Breath of the Wild

As for what I'm currently playing through
Kingdom Hearts 2
Fallout 4
Divinity Original Sin

Those will go on the backburner when Super Mario Odyssey comes out.

Then there's FFXIV eating a lot of my free time.

Top Bottom