• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon seems to be developing quite the fan art following already....

Another quick raid on a Splatoon Tumblr lead me to finding these...

Sweeeeet. Love the colorful ones. Btw, that avatar of yours... that's a custom mod, right? Your own creation? Pretty clever cross-over concept! :)

Una mas, calamarindicios! For early 2015!
g18hLa9.jpg

by hype-rventilaton

Pretty old, I know. Hum the bassline if posted.

Sweeeeet. Love the colorful ones. Btw, that avatar of yours... that's a custom mod, right? Your own creation? Pretty clever cross-over concept! :)

Yup, just a lil colour edit with a few tweaks. Thankies :D
I've been tempted to make a Lucina one too, just for the heck of it XD

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's kind of hard to say if something is 'too late' or not as Roy's game wasn't even out when smash melee hit. It's more a case of when it started to come together enough and if Samurai Mashpotato saw its potential (which I imagine would be difficult as I'm sure EAD mess about with all kinds of things we probably never even see)

I'd be totally up for DLC though and especially an Amiibo :D

Another quick raid on a Splatoon Tumblr lead me to finding these...

Oh god, these look awesome! <3333

It owns, and editing that pic should be a thing because it's one of the most avatar-photogenic splatoon pics.

Cheers :3
Well... keep in mind the originals are all being used by peeps but if people are editing them then they can be found here:

300d679d49.png
afa11611e9.png
ad963b66c2.png
1bf7f871f5.png

I'd probably check with whoever's using the original that you're editting though before you do it ;D

campfireweekend is using the one mine is based off (3rd one) :3

gngf123

That shot is pretty great.

Cheers :3
Well... keep in mind the originals are all being used by peeps but if people are editing them then they can be found here:

I'd probably check with whoever's using the original that you're editting though before you do it ;D

campfireweekend is using the one mine is based off (3rd one) :3

People can edit mine all they want. Might be a laugh if it ends up with a lot of us using similar avatars.

Think the other two people switched, so those might be unused right now.

Ibuki

Banned
I love the art direction of this game and it seems artists are going wild with ideas. I want a good splatoon avatar. :(

Squid Girl creator Masahiro Anbe just made some more Splatoon fan art.

https://twitter.com/masahiro_lemon/status/530559409429430272/photo/1

qtYbQl8.png

I really want some bonus DLC relating the Squid Girl. Give me at least a hat Nintendo!

from miiverse: LINK
zlCfzSfY_7YNZ3ygTY

Simply incredible. I will always have great respect for those who make such effort on fan art.

While I don't like the enemy designs in general the octopus girl is exactly what I didn't know I what. She is just so well designed with such an alien face that provides a great foil to the Inklings. Love her.

Kater

Banned
splatoon_doodles_by_nightmarewing-d7m1cwz.png

I quite like this one, captures my feelings of when I first saw the E3 trailer for the game (I had a Wii U by then though, the artist apparently not)

Here's the link for anyone who wants to know who the artist of that drawing is: Link (deviantart)

JCho133

Holy cow, just stumbled across this thread. Everything in here is phenomenal. On the down side though, it's making me even more impatient

seeing all this fanart it's clear that Splatoon Amiibos are already a must have for me :D
Nintendo don't miss this opportunity and make nice and gorgeous products please.

Doczu

I love this one. It's like Kids Next Door meets JSR.

Thank you! Now i know why this game looked like a cartoon to me. All those guns and accessories look just like from that cartoon. I had it deep in my brain but just couldn't remember the name!

Top Bottom