• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regginator

whatever the fuck its called

Yeah, who gives a shit. Skyrim looks amazing these days,

1-620x349.jpg

I could swear people were saying to wait for two instead of getting one. Are any of them actually good? I'm confused.
ehh as someone who only plays disgaea for the story mode, disgaea 2 is easily the most boring one. Once 3 comes out its all gud stories from there with 4 being the best one easily.
i only played disgaea 1 here on pc and honestly, i'm not a fan

the story and characters and all that is lovely but as a game it's really grindy (not as grindy as it's infamous for, specially if you're just doing the story stuff, but it's still grindy), some missions are like big fuck yous from the developers that are like "hey, here are these enemies that deal 3x dmg and take 3x less dmg for not particular reason" and it just doesn't feel that deep or interesting to me

i stayed through the end cos the story is really good but honestly i wish there was a good anime version (sadly i hear the anime is terrible) to do that instead

or like a better game, ofc

this is something that imo they get better at in the later games, for disgaea 3 i still had to do a bit of grinding to continue the story since at some points within the game their level gets a noticeable spike but 4 has none of that

Tizoc

So I'm playing Milkmaid of the Milky Way...and I have unlocked 50% of the cheevos in the game in less than 1 hour o_O
Am I halfway through the game already?

I have three Switch consoles pre-ordered at three different stores.

Let's do this.

No you don't.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, who gives a shit. Skyrim looks amazing these days,

1-620x349.jpg

you JUST said the one I said doesnt exist. Skyrim does exist. how is that the same as a typo on a game name? Its not even the case where I ws mixing up both dlcs. Youre making a big deal out of absolutely nothing, or youre just being a dick. Or both.

Ladekabel

A fellow student tried to convince me of ARK again today. Everything he said appalled me more and more. I think it wasn't his last try.

Mivey

you JUST said the one I said doesnt exist. Skyrim does exist. how is that the same as a typo on a game name? Its not even the case where I ws mixing up both dlcs. Youre making a big deal out of absolutely nothing, or youre just being a dick. Or both.
Its important, though. Imagine if your assassin asked his bus driver to go to Durnhal, only to realize it was the complety wrong town. The embarrassment would kill Daud right then and there.

Regginator

I'm being the dick here? After asking you friendly if you didn't mean Knife of Dunwall, I get this as a reply

whatever the fuck its called

But it doesn't matter. Be that as it may, when you're done with Knives of Durnhal, I'd very much recommend the Witchmore Snitches. A great continuation of Dude's story.

Tizoc

Scalp nothing. I don't share.

neCWE89.jpg
Nah i still dont believe you, ill believ you when the switches manage to arrive to you though
For one thing whatre you gonna do with 3 switches?
i mean if ur trying to sell them for a profit/making back some aussie bucks i could see that

venomenon

A fellow student tried to convince me of ARK again today. Everything he said appalled me more and more. I think it wasn't his last try.
A friend of mine tries that on a regular basis as well, always denying my concerns that it's too grindy and full of technical issues, etc. Fun thing is, he's owned it for a year and hasn't even played it himself at all. Ark players/owners are weird.

Ban Puncher

Nah i still dont believe you, ill believ you when the switches manage to arrive to you though
For one thing whatre you gonna do with 3 switches?
i mean if ur trying to sell them for a profit/making back some aussie bucks i could see that

I'll keep one or two for myself at launch and probably give one to a sibling or friend.

You are talking to the guy who has two Wii U's and two MGSV PS4's.

Would you like me to take photos of those as well?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-EAACC984DA81178B - Taken by chronomac. 10 entrants total.

t1484237249z1.png

rtcn63

Sheva's AI is noticeably bad during the Irving boss fight. She won't use turrets unless you command her to, nor will she dodge attacks while manning one.

Wok

No I definitely read that the PC version is as intended but Sony forced his hand to add more. The two achievements is all he felt were necessary, (he could have left none in the PC version if he wanted) . On PS4 there are more acheivements to conform to minimum spec of what sony defines for trophies. The PS4 version has the following achievements.

Ah, right! I totally forgot there were more cheevos on PS4.

I have three Switch consoles pre-ordered at three different stores.

Let's do this.

What's the big deal with Switches? Are people excited about another Nintendo console?

To me, the only handheld Nintendo consoles which have been worth it were the original GameBoy and the GameBoy color. The rest has been a disappointment (at least for me): they ended up in a cupboard quite fast.

Knurek

Just read that fiber is being installed tomorrow at my location.

Is it really that good? My 20 MB/s is getting a tad slow, what with 4k streaming, 60+ GB game downloads and all that other jazz.

Depends on the plans. The network I'm on technically supports up to 1Gbps/400Mbps, but no ISPs offer above 100Mbps/40Mbps save the one that uses the 250Mbps/100Mbps tier to offer a 100Mbps/100Mbps service.

Looking at it, 300/30 with no data caps is at about $20/month.
There's a 600/100 option, but twice as expensive. I don't really need that much. :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Is it really that good? My 20 MB/s is getting a tad slow, what with 4k streaming, 60+ GB game downloads and all that other jazz.

Depends on the plans. The network I'm on technically supports up to 1Gbps/400Mbps, but no ISPs offer above 100Mbps/40Mbps save the one that uses the 250Mbps/100Mbps tier to offer a 100Mbps/100Mbps service.

Lomax

My only real complaint about Steam achievements is that dlc should have its achievements individually. That would be great on something like Pinball FX2, because each table could have a clear set of achievements. It also annoys me that dlc achievements always have misleadingly low completion percentages because they include all the people who don't own the dlc.

I also wish more devs would use the "free dlc" model of updating their games with new content, rather than just updating the base game, both for the achievements reason, and because that would give you the option to play the base game or the updates as you chose.

neoemonk

Looking at it, 300/30 with no data caps is at about $20/month.
There's a 600/100 option, but twice as expensive. I don't really need that much. :)

I pay $60/month for 60/4 with no other options. Why you gotta suck so bad America?

neoemonk

GBA, DS, and 3DS all have wonderful libraries but then again I have a large Wii U collection so maybe I'm not the right guy to judge.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Knife of Dunwall down, time for Witches. This whole thing is making me want to play more Dishonored, they need to hurry up and go deep on the discount on 2. Or have a price mistake :3

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I pay $60/month for 60/4 with no other options. Why you gotta suck so bad America?

That's close to what I have (60/5 for $60/month) and it's a lot better than what I had before I moved here, which was 4/0.5 for $80/month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom