• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vanity Fair: Bannon wants Priebus to give his account of the Comey firing to Mueller

chadskin

STEVE BANNON READIES HIS REVENGE - The war on Jared Kushner is about to go nuclear.

In his feud with Kushner, Bannon may have a powerful ally: Reince Priebus, also recently departed from the White House with a quiver of grudges. Recently, according to several sources, Bannon has told friends he wants Priebus to give his account of the James Comey firing to special prosecutor Robert Mueller. According to a source close to Priebus, the former chief of staff believes that the decision was made during an early May weekend in Bedminster, where Kushner, Ivanka Trump, and Stephen Miller were with the president. Trump returned to the Oval Office on Monday, May 8 and told other aides he intended to fire Comey.

rjinaz

I'm so confused as to whose side Bannon is on now.

It seems they think the Democrats (the establishment) have taken over the White House and Trump is basically just being used by those around him.

So, they still like Trump, but everybody else is fair game. My take.

It seems they think the Democrats (the establishment) have taken over the White House and Trump is basically just being used by those around him.

This sounds like something that could happen to this deplorable administration.

chadskin

Indeed, that's what he reportedly told his Breitbart staff:
“We have a duty to the country to be the vanguard of ‘The Movement,’” he told his staff, according to one person on the call. Bannon’s main targets are the West Wing’s coterie of New York Democrat “globalists”—Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner and former Goldman Sachs president Gary Cohn—as well as the “hawks,” comprised of National Security Adviser H.R McMaster and his deputy, Dina Powell. “He wants to beat their ideas into submission,” Breitbart News Editor-in-Chief Alex Marlow told me. “Steve has a lot of things up his sleeve.”

TheFirstRule.gif

Fox318

I'm so confused as to whose side Bannon is on now.
His own.

Right now he probably sees himself as getting off the ship just as Trump killed and political capital he had with that press conference.

Unless Trump shows some sign of contrition about what he said and can lay off Twitter he will never be able to unite the nation to pass his political agenda.

Right now his presidency is about putting as many judges in place and changing key policy of departments like the EPA. But even that is going to be short lived.

Clefargle

Can somebody post the bannon and spicer webcomic where bannon refuses to join spicers ice cream company to pursue his autofellatio?

The third thing Trump cares about more than anything else in this world, behind his money and his ego, is Ivanka.

Why would Bannon think that Trump won't get pissed that Jared and Ivanka are being targeted?? How stupid can Bannon be??

Bannon really thinks Trump and co. are going to go with him over his son in law?

The third thing Trump cares about more than anything else in this world, behind his money and his ego, is Ivanka.

Why would Bannon think that Trump won't get pissed that Jared and Ivanka are being targeted?? How stupid can Bannon be??
The man is going scorched earth after his ego took a blow for being fired.

Tamanon

Banned

If I had to guess, his thinking is that if he just "exposes" them and their agenda, Trump will "see the light".

Future

Hard for me to believe this isn't all part of the plan. Trump even gave him a friendly sign off. If they were really going to war trump would be lambasting him like he has done every opponent he's ever had for like 30 years

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Hard for me to believe this isn't all part of the plan. Trump even gave him a friendly sign off. If they were really going to war trump would be lambasting him like he has done every opponent he's ever had for like 30 years

He can't. If he does that Trump's base will implode.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
If I had to guess, his thinking is that if he just "exposes" them and their agenda, Trump will "see the light".

It's not about winning Trump over or making him see the light, it's about critically damaging Jared and Ivanka's influence on Trump going forward so that other voices that share Bannons ideology and outlook in the WH (Such as Miller etc.) can prevail with their influence on the president instead, Jared and Ivanka are seen as the moderating influence. (Note: I refuse to capitalise the office whilst Trump holds the position).

Trump is a pliable fool, influence is everything, going forward.

Flo_Evans

If I'm reading this correctly Bannon is admitting firing Comey was a mistake?

I can't really make heads or tails of this guy. Does he have any real political goals beyond making money? Is he just a hardcore anti-Semite?

I get the impression he was trying to use Trump to further his agenda and that has kind of flatlined, now he is attacking people he percives to have trumps ear... but to what end? Is it just spite/revenge?

MechaX

I thought he was going to hold back on Kushner for at least a month, but I guess that's out the window.

People need to realize that the only side Bannon is on is the Bannon side.

Slayven

I don't see Trump abandoning Ivanka and extension Jared.

If it was Tiffany, yeah he would push her out of a moving car, but he loves Invanka

He ain't going to go attack Trump. He will attack Kushner, McMaster, Kelly, and others that are the ones who ousted him.

Reason I know this? Breitbart's been doing it since before Bannon got fired.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
I don't see Trump abandoning Invanka and extension Jared.

If it was Tiffany, yeah he would push her out of a moving car, but he loves Invanka

This is the problem with all the factions who thought they could defeat Jared and Ivanka. Of course Trump was never going to turn on his own family, especially family he wants to bone.

Shoeless

Yeah, this is also the part that I'm uncertain about. It seems pretty clear Trump's favoritism extends to his family above all else, so I don't see how Bannon can attack the White House, but not Trump, if he goes after Trump's own. Unless he has dirt on Trump as well that will force Trump to just sit back and take it.

Top Bottom