• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
They're spending money for people to have something to look at that will be gone pretty quickly. Sounds like a waste of money just like fireworks but you never hear people complaining about that one.

I'd rather have the government holding firework shows than idiots launching their own in backyards and parks.

Sadly we get both.

They're spending money for people to have something to look at that will be gone pretty quickly. Sounds like a waste of money just like fireworks but you never hear people complaining about that one.

If people go downtown and spend money then it's a good idea

I'm gonna try and head down to see it, giant duck is awesome

ahdurian

wow DHL is crap.
I asked them to drop off my package at the Service Point on Richmond / University, and they dropped it off at Yonge and Finch instead

N° 2048

The absurdity of this rubber duck never truly set in until I saw it on cp24 this morning

...why?

..because this city has some shit priorities.

Duck has nothing to do with Canada Day and we could have gotten the same thing for free.

Not surprised though, it's Toronto...

Quick

Banned
Happy Canada Day everyone.

I might hit up a pool party, but I'm honestly just looking forward to a quiet day alone.

jokkir

QBzDllT.jpg

I was expecting a bigger duck but not too bad.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The city received money from the provincial and federal governments to specifically spend on the festival, It's not like the money is coming at the cost of funding the Relief Line. People all over social media are posting about it so it is doing it's job as an attraction. A duck may not have been the first thing that came to mind, but what else would you do instead to attract local tourism?
Have a shitty food festival with long line ups for subpar food?

Apathy

Seriously, fuck the TTC. I had to take a night bus and it was over 10 minutes late this morning. Fuck Andy Byford and the TTC bus driver that was late. Best service in North America, what a god damn joke.

I saw the duck yesterday...the harbourfront area simply can't support that level of tourists and folks milling around. Fire hazards left and right. :^|

My friend and I tried to drive down there today to see if we could just drive by it. Big mistake. It's a parking lot.

We turned around at Bathurst.

New ramen joint opened at Yonge and Finch - Menya Fuji. I think I read a Yelp review that said it was a chain from Japan or something. Taste is not bad. I'd put it over Kinton, and about the same level as Shoryuken whatever but still not as good as Santouka.

It's 15% off right now. They have a $20 bowl of ramen that's like a mountain of food lol. Note that it appears to be owned / run(?) by Chinese mainlanders.

John Blade

Not in Toronto but did take my dad to a ramen shop in Markham call Sonoya. Come very early as we supposed to go to a Chinese restaurant and found out the place have change. Dad love the ramen shop and the ramen they serve. Would go back if we pass by the area.

Quadratic

Went to Electric Mud yesterday for dinner. Moist brisket, good ribs and juicy smoked chicken wings. And some random sides for variety lol.

Quadratic

The plate was 35. It was plenty of food and enough to share.

The fried chicken we ordered was really good too it had a Kentucky Fried Chicken like spice blend in the crust.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
New ramen joint opened at Yonge and Finch - Menya Fuji. I think I read a Yelp review that said it was a chain from Japan or something. Taste is not bad. I'd put it over Kinton, and about the same level as Shoryuken whatever but still not as good as Santouka.

It's 15% off right now. They have a $20 bowl of ramen that's like a mountain of food lol. Note that it appears to be owned / run(?) by Chinese mainlanders.
Hype raised, lowered, raised, then lowered again...
Man, the better speeds just makes me reach my 6GB limit even faster :
Fuck...6?! I have fucking 2 from fucking Rogers!

Went to Electric Mud yesterday for dinner. Moist brisket, good ribs and juicy smoked chicken wings. And some random sides for variety lol.
I've heard good stuff but was always wary because of the line ups.
Can we get some vegetarian recommendations up in here?

okja making me feel real guilty about eating me
No.

No

Wow a blast from the wrestling past. Some dude wearing an nWo shirt on the bus.

dluu13

What are your guys' thoughts on this thread about changing the Ontario flag?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1400970
He even goes so far as to suggest making it an election issue.

Some people agree with the OP and I'm surprised. There are lots of arguments for changing is that keeping British symbolism in the flags is upholding colonialism/racism. I, for one, thought it was cool that we recognized our British roots somewhere. But maybe because I've never been oppressed, it's not my judgment to make. If it really does go somewhere though, I'd personally just vote to ignore it because there are other things that politicians can deal with.

Also, I don't get the hate for the BC flag. I think it's awesome.

Top Bottom