• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Servbot24

Banned
Bombarded eh? Careful, you may be a couple steps away from a Leave KD Alone! video. Durant the basketball player is fun to watch, he's been a, to borrow the term, baby back bitch on podcasts and now with this. And I'm not at all against him signing with the Warriors by the way.

I don't make a habit of listening to player interviews, but mr. Flat Earth was the only star to say anything worthwhile in the finals. It's Daddy Lebron, Steph trying to appeal to a really wide audience, Draymond liking the sound of his own voice way too much, Durant with his BS... Kyrie and Klay are ok.
Kyrie I Am A Very Woke Individual Irving

Fjordson

Bombarded eh? Careful, you may be a couple steps away from a Leave KD Alone! video. Durant the basketball player is fun to watch, he's been a, to borrow the term, baby back bitch on podcasts and now with this. And I'm not at all against him signing with the Warriors by the way.

I don't make a habit of listening to player interviews, but mr. Flat Earth was the only star to say anything worthwhile in the finals. It's Daddy Lebron, Steph trying to appeal to a really wide audience, Draymond liking the sound of his own voice way too much, Durant with his BS... Kyrie and Klay are ok.
Oh people are free to tweet that stuff at Durant or any other athlete. I may find it odd that people enjoy being an asshole so much, but I'm not saying anyone should be protected. It's a part of fame and other guys deal with it just fine. Certainly much better than Durant has.

I dont know what a baby back bitch is so I can't really agree or disagree with that. But I'm not terribly by bothered by KD trying to defend himself and seeking acceptance from fans. At least not the reasoning behind it. Obviously the method of making fake accounts and speaking about himself in the 3rd person isn't a great idea, but the reasoning and the psychology of it is interesting to me.

In 2008, Dwight Howard had more endorsement deals than LeBron James. He appeared in seven nationally televised commercials. He disproved the long-held notion that big men beyond Shaq can't move product. A year later he racked up 3.1 million All-Star votes, still the most ever. In piggybacking the Magic to the '09 Finals, Howard led the NBA in blocks and rebounds and was fourth in field goal percentage. He was the best defensive player in the league and one of the most efficient scorers. When general managers responded to a 2009 NBA.com poll about which player they would sign to start a franchise, they picked James first, Howard second.

Today, Superman is 31, on the back end of what was supposed to be his prime. Never married, he has five children by five women. He has lost millions of dollars to friends and family. He has at times been estranged from his parents and spurned by his costars. His endorsement portfolio, once brimming with Gatorade and Vitamin Water, McDonald's and Adidas, Kia and T-Mobile, is down to a sneaker deal with the Chinese sportswear company Peak. He checked in last winter with 151,000 All-Star votes—11,000 fewer than Ersan Ilyasova. Next week Howard will go to training camp with the Hornets, his fifth team in seven seasons, who acquired him over the summer for backups Miles Plumlee and Marco Belinelli.

Damn this article was good.

Even after he left the Lakers I couldn't be mad at the guy, experiencing his Orlando days was something else.

El Topo

It's the flaw of a baby back bitch. IDK why we should celebrate it. He's not perfect, but it's not like he did something stupid or on accident. Dude just acted like a bitch.

I haven't seen anyone celebrate KD for this. I think people are amused (and in a way it is reassuring to them) that an absolute superstar still was insecure and/or immature enough to have a fake account to defend himself.

It's really scary to see people shit on someone because he's insecure, not because he's a bad person, because he a human who feel bad when people hate him. I'm glad I'm not a NBA player, I couldn't take it.

It's really scary to see people shit on someone because he's insecure, not because he's a bad person, because he a human who feel bad when people hate him. I'm glad I'm not a NBA player, I couldn't take it.
Dude when you make millions and win your first ring and FMVP after hopping on the bandwagon (because he would have won nada otherwise last season), there's no reason to be insecure. Guys give shit to other guys being insecure for dumb shit, KD on the other hand is what I'm going to use as a reference when someone acts like an insecure baby. He's one of the main meme refs I will use. Dude should have found the trash talk hilarious since he's on top of the world, instead we get this shit lol... He gets shit on because there's more publicity due to how big of a player he is. Every superstar gets it. Harden got it last year, Curry after the final, Westbrook for being a dumbfuck of supernatural proportions, Lebron for being a passive aggressive bitch his entire life, now KD. Only superstar that is except is Kawhi because he's boring af to talk smack about.

Dude when you make millions and win your first ring and FMVP after hopping on the bandwagon (because he would have won nada otherwise last season), there's no reason to be insecure. Guys give shit to other guys being insecure for dumb shit, KD on the other hand is what I'm going to use as a reference when someone acts like an insecure baby. He's one of the main meme refs I will use. Dude should have found the trash talk hilarious since he's on top of the world, instead we get this shit lol... He gets shit on because there's more publicity due to how big of a player he is. Every superstar gets it. Harden got it last year, Curry after the final, Westbrook for being a dumbfuck of supernatural proportions, Lebron for being a passive aggressive bitch his entire life, now KD. Only superstar that is except is Kawhi because he's boring af to talk smack about.

being insecure shouldn't be an insult, and you don't need reason to be insecure. Am I saying people shouldn't say shit about KD ? No, but don't use a social trouble as an insult, most people can't do shit about them

being insecure shouldn't be an insult, and you don't need reason to be insecure. Am I saying people shouldn't say shit about KD ? No, but don't use a social trouble as an insult, most people can't do shit about them

Most people clearly don't care and at the position it is ridiculous. Just look and Dray and Deandre laughing their ass off for it. Dude deserves the extra clowning he's going to get from now on.

Gigglepoo

I couldn't disagree more with this article. The Pacers have been one of the most consistently good teams in the East. He mentions their battles with the Knicks, Magic, Pistons, Heat, and Cavs. Yes, they often lost in the EFC, but while those teams bubbled up for a few years and then cratered, the Pacers were competing with them for most of the past 20 years.

Terrible, inaccurate perspective.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/9/20/16337596/indianapolis-pacers-expectations-hack-week

Jarate

Banned
If KD wants to trade his money and talent over to me so he can be insecure in peace, then let me at em.

The issue isn't that KD did anything remotely bad or evil. Dude is just getting ripped on for being a bitch, which is somewhat deserving. No one is asking him to get kicked out of the league. They just wanna rip him because he was acting like a baby back bitch.

KD is a top player in this league. I'm sure everyone here loves watching him play. Doesn't mean we can't criticize a public figure for being a dingus

Bread

Banned
I couldn't disagree more with this article. The Pacers have been one of the most consistently good teams in the East. He mentions their battles with the Knicks, Magic, Pistons, Heat, and Cavs. Yes, they often lost in the EFC, but while those teams bubbled up for a few years and then cratered, the Pacers were competing with them for most of the past 20 years.

Terrible, inaccurate perspective.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/9/20/16337596/indianapolis-pacers-expectations-hack-week
Seriously, think about any Pacers team in the last 40 years that moved the national needle. Now consider this: Is the Pacers squad you’re thinking of relevant only because it served as a foil for a team that actually mattered? The answer is yes, because that will forever be Indiana’s role in the NBA. Whether losing to the Magic and Knicks in the mid-1990s, the Bulls in the late ’90s, the Lakers in the early 2000s, or the Heat in the early 2010s, the Pacers have an established ceiling: good enough to be taken seriously, but not good enough to pose a legitimate Finals threat.
no lies detected

I don't see MJ creating a fake account, or as would be appropriate in his time, calling up a reporter posing like someone else a la Trump to defend himself.

The first Simmons podcast I heard him on he was immediately whining about how these OKC fans don't really love him and Santa Claus doesn't exist, 28 going on 15. You hit the shot right over Lebron to put your team up 3-1, just shut up and you're set.

Why do people always try to take these comparisons at 1:1. That's not the point. But MJ saw fit to talk shit about the guy who made the varsity squad over him, like 30 years after the fact, at his hall of fame speech. I don't think it's that outlandish to say that MJ was a petty dude, and it is in part what drove him. Shaq was the same way. Guy was like in his 30s still talking about how pissed he was that David Robinson snubbed him for an autograph as a kid (a story that may or may not have even been true). Some dudes are just petty like that, despite all of the fame and accomplishments and success.

I definitely think KD needs to take a step back with regards to the Twitter stuff, as it's a neverending battle that you are never going to win, but whatever. Maybe that's just who he is.

Why do people always try to take these comparisons at 1:1. That's not the point. But MJ saw fit to talk shit about the guy who made the varsity squad over him, like 30 years after the fact, at his hall of fame speech. I don't think it's that outlandish to say that MJ was a petty dude, and it is in part what drove him. Shaq was the same way. Guy was like in his 30s still talking about how pissed he was that David Robinson snubbed him for an autograph as a kid (a story that may or may not have even been true). Some dudes are just petty like that, despite all of the fame and accomplishments and success.

Every time Shaq says "1-2 punch", that's a shot.

Fjordson

Agreed. This idea that fame and money can help your mental health or cure things like insecurity couldn't be further from reality. If anything, being famous can make those things worse. Especially these days with stuff like twitter that allows for instant communication from countless strangers.

Jarate

Banned
Agreed. This idea that fame and money can help your mental health or cure things like insecurity couldn't be further from reality. If anything, being famous can make those things worse. Especially these days with stuff like twitter that allows for instant communication from countless strangers.

Then just turn off twitter.

no one is even saying he has mental health issues (like wtf, being petty is a personal issue, classifying it in the same breath as other serious mental issues is disrespectful)

Dude pretended to be someone else so he could suck his own dick. IDK why I can't rip into him for being a baby back bitch.

no one is even saying he has mental health issues (like wtf, being petty is a personal issue, classifying it in the same breath as other serious mental issues is disrespectful)

Dude pretended to be someone else so he could suck his own dick. IDK why I can't rip into him for being a baby back bitch.

You can dude. We just need to ignore KD and stop quoting him, his shit's getting old.

Fjordson

Agreed actually. Like I said before, KD could probably use a long break from social media.

Not sure what any of this means. Psychological issues like insecurity or struggling with acceptance from others pretty easily fall under metal health.

Who said you can't...?

Clowning on KD is pretty fun, I say that as someone who has been a fan of his since season opener vs Acorn State at UT. Clown on him all you like, but pretending that someone can't be very insecure because they're extremely good at what they do is shows a fundamental misunderstanding of how people see themselves. How many celebrities/athletes/artists have had self destructive tendencies that had nothing to do with their success in their field?

That being said, KD can redeem himself by snapchatting a pic of his dick and the warriors can do it too in solidarity. #warriorsculture #lightyearsahead

Jarate

Banned
Clowning on KD is pretty fun, I say that as someone who has been a fan of his since season opener vs Acorn State at UT. Clown on him all you like, but pretending that someone can't be very insecure because they're extremely good at what they do is shows a fundamental misunderstanding of how people see themselves. How many celebrities/athletes/artists have had self destructive tendencies that had nothing to do with their success in their field?

That being said, KD can redeem himself by snapchatting a pic of his dick and the warriors can do it too in solidarity. #warriorsculture #lightyearsahead

I think his pettiness is probably led to him being as uber competitive as he is, and probably as successful

Look, all im saying is is that ya'll aren't doctors. I doubt KD is the only NBA player to do this, hell there is probably a shit ton of it. If being a bitch was a mental health issue, you might as well call the city of Boston a mental hospital then.

You guys are right. Im just hot takey right now. I just wanted to make that joke real bad

Well, LeBron will have to play point then.

They have Derrick Rose.

vZMTjfR.gif

TTG

Has Lebron ever had a good looking shoe? Every time I walk into Footlocker, which is like once every 18 months to be fair, there's some monstrosity on my way over to the Jordan section. These things are no different.

What's IT going to do with Rose's shoes? Hope he grows into them? Unless Rose has tiny feet, he always seemed to have trouble landing on them one legged.

Furyous

I am so happy to have DRose on the team because of his heart and the security that comes with knowing you finally have someone connected to some real dudes on the team. DRose is great and his brother is a solid respectful individual in the mold of that pillar of the community from Houston that founded Rap-A-Lot records.

I just hope we can pull it together, have a good season, and make the playoffs. We need much, much, much more ball movement than last year so hopefully Bron can tone down his push for a more iso focused system. There's no way we reach the finals playing iso ball with DRose, IT, and Love all needing touches going one on one. Let the homies Cedi and Antic get some plays run for them that aren't drive and kick.

We are not begging Bron to stay dammit. If he wants to go to the Lakers and live in Kobe's shadow then have fun with that. Don't fuck up and trade that draft pick either trying to convince Bron to stay.

rambis

Banned
Has Lebron ever had a good looking shoe? Every time I walk into Footlocker, which is like once every 18 months to be fair, there's some monstrosity on my way over to the Jordan section. These things are no different.

I'd say there are more good looking Lebron's then there aren't. More than I can say for Jordan.

Every other Nike athlete gets a bland sig shoe thats basically a slight alteration of the low top Kobe's from a long time ago.

rambis

Banned
Yeah, Lebron's line is awful. Kyrie, Paul George and KD all have better shoes out right now.

This is hilarious seeing how much they are blatant ripoffs of old Lebrons and Kobes. I'm having a hard time really spotting meaningful differences.

And Nike has been releasing this same shoe as a "new" design since 08.

I don't think any athlete is close to Lebron right now as far as kicks, even though his aren't the best either.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
via shams
Minnesota's Andrew Wiggins is progressing toward a five-year, $148M maximum extension, hopeful to sign soon, sources tell The Vertical.

I can't believe they actually did it. Awful. They're banking on him getting a lot better right now cause right now they just locked up a poor man's Derozan to an even worse deal.

via shams
Minnesota’s Andrew Wiggins is progressing toward a five-year, $148M maximum extension, hopeful to sign soon, sources tell The Vertical.

I can't believe they actually did it. Awful. They're banking on him getting a lot better right now cause right now they just locked up a poor man's Derozan to an even worse deal.

Give $148 million to Rudy Gay, Brehs.

Top Bottom