• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVII| I don't really care if /mu/ cry

Koozek

Is Taylor Swift semi-rapping in her song "ready for it"?

https://youtu.be/T62maKYX9tU

Start around 1:15
LArR3dG.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
everyday I fight the temptation to make another lyrics+gif post for Sauce It Up
do too much (do too much)
aint enough (aint enough)
aint enough (aint enough)

*restrains self*

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Is Taylor Swift semi-rapping in her song "ready for it"?

https://youtu.be/T62maKYX9tU

Start around 1:15
I wouldn't call it rapping tbh. Just fast singing. Then again we have rappers that rap slow too, so maybe she could be considered rapping?
PopGAF is dead apparently. RIP. Last album she' had Kendrick Lamar on one of her songs. Im guessing her feature on the new album will be Uzi Vert

Popgaf was killed over a month ago. And she had Kendrick on a re-release for the radio version. Some say it was because the song was about Katy Perry, and because Katy Perry used Kanye in her re-release of her fourth single, Taylor did the same. I doubt she will have Lil Uzi Vert. Maybe she could call up T-Pain lol

Moonkid

Salute to you for LR ��

Bumped Blazing Arrow a lot in my youth when I still on that rappidy-rap rap. You know Gift of Gab's solo album "4th Dimensional Rocketships Going Up"? Really liked that too. Smooth, light-hearted sound.

What about Travis' Days Before Rodeo? Imo his best project.
Can't ignore LR, it's a masterpiece.

I actually don't position BA as an album that leans heavily on that style of rap - this is why I like it over his solo album. His delivery is real diverse from tracks like Going Nowhere to Chemical Calisthenics. I actually generally prefer his more laidback I like it because it showcases Gab's diversity and it isn't an album full of rapid-fire delivery. remember you, or someone, posting it. I've listened to it and I like it a lot - Ride On is a vibe.

DBR might have the edge in later years but Rodeo sits firmly on top rn because almost every song is still such an ear worm. Plus there's the trifecta of Maria, Nightcrawler, and Oh my dis side.

I actually don't position BA as an album that leans heavily on that style of rap - this is why I like it over his solo album. His delivery is real diverse from tracks like Going Nowhere to Chemical Calisthenics. I actually generally prefer his more laidback I like it because it showcases Gab's diversity and it isn't an album full of rapid-fire delivery. remember you, or someone, posting it. I've listened to it and I like it a lot - Ride On is a vibe.
Yeah, I saw that post too and was going to make an argument that Blazing Arrow isn't a rappity rap album at all. It's legit an album made where they care about making songs. There's maybe 3 rappity rap songs total on it but I just felt like maybe not a people have heard it. A lot of west coast gems were slept on last decade

Moonkid

Yeah, I saw that post too and was going to make an argument that Blazing Arrow isn't a rappity rap album at all. It's legit an album made where they care about making songs. There's maybe 3 rappity rap songs total on it but I just felt like maybe not a people have heard it. A lot of west coast gems were slept on last decade
Damn I submitted without checking properly lol. And for sure, it has a lot of heart and soul put in. That it's so relistenable puts it in my top ten.

TLOP vs LR is a harder decision than I thought now that I think about it.

It's not even remotely close. LR is top 3 Ye

My Top 10:

Kanye West - Yeezus
OutKast - ATLiens
Mobb Deep - The Infamous
MF Doom - Madvillainy
A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory
Nas - Illmatic
Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid, m.A.A.d City
Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury
Blu & Exile - Below the Heavens
Black Star - Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star

Did 1 per artist. I'd have more Ye and Kast otherwise.

Icolin

Banned
TLOP is alright the more I listen to it. It's all over the place and shoddily put together, but there are enough great tracks to keep me engaged when I listen to it.

Vorheez

Hey Des, or anyone else who might know, what's the name of that suicideboys EP? I can't find nothing in DatPiff and only a random list of tracks on YouTube.

Edit: ok I might have found them on bandcamp but wtf, why they got 40 EPs? Where do I start holy shit

Koozek

Can't ignore LR, it's a masterpiece.

DBR might have the edge in later years but Rodeo sits firmly on top rn because almost every song is still such an ear worm. Plus there's the trifecta of Maria, Nightcrawler, and Oh my dis side.

Okay, might be misremembering because Chemical Calisthenics is the first thing I think of with BA^^ Gotta relisten when I have time.

EDIT: Skipping through it a bit, yeah, it's different than I remembered.

Do you two know Zion I? You should like their albums too, I think.

Zion I - True & Livin'
https://open.spotify.com/album/5PVFV9AncAXNIU6cClHWnG

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I used to get him and Macklemore confused haha. Macklemore had the higher career peak but Mac Miller has staying power
I feel as if Macklemore was rejected because he won that Best Album Grammy over Kendrick tbh...
and his last album was terrible
TLOP is alright the more I listen to it. It's all over the place and shoddily put together, but there are enough great tracks to keep me engaged when I listen to it.
I like TLOP a lot and feel as it’s a mess on purpose to show what a mess Kanye was at the time.

Moonkid

Mac was great, managed to get real close because we ended up going early. Sadly he didn't play Cinderella ;___; Crowd was trash in the centre, unsurprisingly. Moshing is alg but there's always some cunt trying to push forward in the middle of the show or a group of people smoking or that are way too drunk. Some idiot rushed on stage as well but security handled them in the blink of an eye.
Okay, might be misremembering because Chemical Calisthenics is the first thing I think of with BA^^ Gotta relisten when I have time.

Zion I - True & Livin'
I've never heard of them but I'll give them a listen, shot for the Spotify link.

Zion I - True & Livin'
That's actually the only album I've heard from them haha. I might as well listen to it again because I can't remember anything about the album

Koozek

Mac was great, managed to get real close because we ended up going early. Sadly he didn't play Cinderella ;___; Crowd was trash in the centre, unsurprisingly. Moshing is alg but there's always some cunt trying to push forward in the middle of the show or a group of people smoking or that are way too drunk. Some idiot rushed on stage as well but security handled them in the blink of an eye.
I've never heard of them but I'll give them a listen, shot for the Spotify link.
That's actually the only album I've heard from them haha. I might as well listen to it again because I can't remember anything about the album
One of my fave albums from my youth. There's even a track with Gift of Gab, I just remembered. So good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht-UMljs7HQ

If you like that album, there's one with them and The Grouch too:

Zion I & The Grouch - Heroes in the City of Dope:
https://open.spotify.com/album/4g6VbGsLXBKhe5ffdYqGM0

Their older albums are cool too!

This Open Mike Eagle is nice. Probably not AOTY material, but I like the sonic palette of the album though I doubt it'll top my preference for the mad beats of Paul White. But it's nice, if you want to listen to something different.

Koozek

Def Comedy Jam 25 | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix
Dave Chappelle. Martin Lawrence. Steve Harvey. Cedric the Entertainer. Adele Givens. Tracy Morgan. Sheryl Underwood. D.L. Hughley. Comedy’s greatest names celebrate one of comedy’s greatest institutions. Def Comedy Jam 25 on Netflix premieres September 26.

--

Netflix presents a celebration to top all celebrations in honor of the 25th anniversary of "Def Comedy Jam," the iconic show that made giants out of ferociously funny black comedians like Martin Lawrence, Cedric The Entertainer, Dave Chappelle, Monique, Mike Epps, Adele Givens, JB Smoove, D.L. Hughley, Tracy Morgan and Sheryl Underwood to name a few. Def Comedy Jam25 celebrates the impact and legacy of the long-running comedy series with surprise guests, tributes and performances in a can't-miss evening of unbelievably funny and raw moments. Stan Lathan, Russell Simmons, Sandy Wernick, and Jesse Collins serve as executive producers. Def Comedy Jam 25 will launch exclusively on Netflix Tuesday, 9/26.​

Top Bottom