• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2017 | 25 Years of wearing a smile to work!

Vic_Viper

Anyone pickup Bloodshot Salvation today? Cant decide if I should get it or wait till ive finished reading Bloodshot Reborn. Glad to see Lemire back on Old Man Logan atleast lol.

Also, Does Morrison's New X-Men take place after Whedon's Astonishing or does it run concurrently? Havent read much of Morrison's run but ive read Astonishing and was curious. Bought the New X-Men Omni awhile back when it was reprinted and ive been debating starting it.

The Wild Storm #7 was great. I think Ellis/Davis-Hunt have decided not to release an issue without a super crazy fight scene in it. We seem to be getting some answers in the next issue too.

Who's the black dude? That's not Deathblow. Or if it is, why is Deathblow wearing a suit?

EDIT: OH IT'S MY BOY JACKSON KING! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS[/IMG]

If you don't mind spoilers, it is
John Colt/Spartan

Did anyone pick up Batman The Red Death?

I've been reading Metal and wasn't planning to get any of the offshoots, but this one appeals to me....I'm worried it's going to be shit though...

Anyone pickup Bloodshot Salvation today? Cant decide if I should get it or wait till ive finished reading Bloodshot Reborn. Glad to see Lemire back on Old Man Logan atleast lol.

I bought both of these books. Literally just bought them, so I won't be reading them until later. But I'll chime in when I do.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Why would you buy it if you didn't like that it exists?

Lazarus + 66 has been awesome. I actually think I'd rather have this peek at the smaller characters and take a break from the focus on the war.

Because it does exist.

And I feel like anything we've seen from X+66 so far could have easily been fit into the main series of Lark weren't so damned slow.

Also, Does Morrison's New X-Men take place after Whedon's Astonishing or does it run concurrently? Havent read much of Morrison's run but ive read Astonishing and was curious. Bought the New X-Men Omni awhile back when it was reprinted and ive been debating starting it.

Morrison's New X-Men actually takes place before Astonishing.

Sandfox

I wonder if that Avengers issue is going to feature a return as a part of Legacy. It could also be because of the creators they got for the story as well.

Alex Ross posted this on Instagram before taking it down:
vPBzObT.jpg

Sue and Reed in what seems to be new costumes.

VanWinkle

I wonder if that Avengers issue is going to feature a return as a part of Legacy. It could also be because of the creators they got for the story as well.

yoooooo

Vic_Viper

Not sure but that would be my guess. Larazz is being super secret. Alex Ross deleting that picture is very telling and I believe they would put Aaron on that book.

What image did he delete? Is there an article or anything about it? Didnt see anything on BC recently but I havent been checking ofter.

Edit: My Bad, see the black and white sketch now lol. That new logo is what gives it away. Hope Ribic sticks with Aaron on the book!

F4 could work if done right. Ive never been a huge FF fan but Hickman's run sold me.

Sandfox

If the Fantastic Four end up returning I would want Slott to write it after he leaves ASM.

Voyager teaser? Is that the random teaser they put out of some new chick character?

I was really looking forward to Aaron getting the Avengers book or something along those lines.
Larraz tweeted the teaser so I'm assuming it's for his book, which will be revealed next Friday. I think Aaron is going to be the writer and then start on Avengers when Cap, Tony, and Thor among others are back on the playing field.

Well deserved.

Fuckin YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Messi

If the Fantastic Four end up returning I would want Slott to write it after he leaves ASM.

Larraz tweeted the teaser so I'm assuming it's for his book, which will be revealed next Friday. I think Aaron is going to be the writer and then start on Avengers when Cap, Tony, and Thor among others are back on the playing field.

Well deserved.

So Fantastic Four is never coming back? Because Slott is never leaving ASM.

Vic_Viper

Slott sounds like a much better fit for F4. Hell, he could even put Peter back on the team if need be lol.

Who could be this big writer for Avengers 675 if its not Aaron though?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09/20/winter-marvel-comics-avengers-675/

From the article: "I have been told that, unlike what Bleeding Cool had heard rumoured for later from Marvel, this is not a planned Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic Avengers run.

I am told that the big name retailers have been privately told what Marvel Comics is planning for January but it’s not being shared down the food chain. It’s being kept just amongst certain employees even at Marvel. But Marvel is promising retailers directly something big, steady and on time they can put promotion behind."

Sandfox

Slott sounds like a much better fit for F4. Hell, he could even put Peter back on the team if need be lol.

Who could be this big writer for Avengers 675 if its not Aaron though?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09/20/winter-marvel-comics-avengers-675/

From the article: "I have been told that, unlike what Bleeding Cool had heard rumoured for later from Marvel, this is not a planned Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic Avengers run.

I am told that the big name retailers have been privately told what Marvel Comics is planning for January but it’s not being shared down the food chain. It’s being kept just amongst certain employees even at Marvel. But Marvel is promising retailers directly something big, steady and on time they can put promotion behind."
We'll find out soon enough, possibly by NYCC.

Vic_Viper

Anyone know which editon of New Avengers these trades are next to the Omnibus(Vol. 4-7)? Are they Deluxe Editions, and does anyone know where to find them? I cant seem to find them on Amazon.

tumblr_inline_nmw4ku73o41spvqit_1280.jpg

Wish all the Complete Edition Trades were available on the Kindle store. Only 1 and 5 are for some reason lol.

Thank you everybody for their favorite marvel titles of the last two years or so, looking forward to checking out some of the ones Ive missed
Just last week I was at a design conference where Emily Oberman spoke. She and her team at Pentagram designed the new DC logo and helped laid out some guidelines for logos used on books. Really fascinating to hear her thought process.

In designing the DC logo, they incorporated a piece from every previous DC logo into the new one. She also did the logos for Ready Player One and Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them.

Funny enough, she talked about being a much bigger Marvel fan. It doesn't seem like Marvel is interested in fronting the cash you need to bring aboard an agency like Pentagram.

I really disliked the new DC logo and then warmed up to it in like a week. DC's design runs laps around Marvel's at the moment. I think logo design goes under appreciated in comics. Check out Tom Mueller's old blog if you're interested.

I fucking love Jessica Jones. I'm legitimately angry that it's monthly.
Before. Whedon is basically a direct sequel.

JESUS WEPT

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm moving soon, last time I put them in a few boxes and that shit was heavy as hell. You don't really realize just how many comics you have until you take them out of the shelf and gotta move them.

Owzers

You're about to.
I moved all my OHC in Home Depot small boxes. I want to throw my regular sized trades in the nearest water source so I’ll have less quantity next time even though the ohc are the real threat.

Old consoles are also getting annoying...not heavy just extra things.

DIfferent. Complete Ben Reilly collects the stuff when Peter was the clone.

If you want to own the whole Clone Saga, you need both.

Marvel Studios and Marvel Companies are not even the same company.

late reply but thanks, I've been slowly working my way through the entirety of ASM (+spectacular and maybe web of spiderman) up at leas till BND and I was thinking of picking up some stuff cheap but of a higher image quality

speaking of which I almost dropped it because the post-Conway stuff was so weak, then I got to Len Wein's stuff and it has gotten much better. still like 20-30 issues till Stern though...

Messi

I'm getting in the mood for my favorite time of year!! This is my Halloween costume. :)

I love Halloween because I get to use my lovely dead Olivia Wilde avatar for a month. Its so beautiful. The most wonderful time of the year (other than christmas)

Top Bottom