• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

JadedWriter
(05-21-2017, 04:08 AM)
Anything Nintendo pretty much gives me flashbacks of this Japanese woman I used to like.
Jhoan
(05-21-2017, 04:16 AM)

Originally Posted by hoggert

are you PRESTIGIOUS enough to have a rooftop switch party

Only if there's Fruity Pebbles with whipped cream sandwiches!
Kanik
Sonic handles my blue balls
(05-21-2017, 04:20 AM)
Penguin
(05-21-2017, 04:26 AM)

Originally Posted by hoggert

are you PRESTIGIOUS enough to have a rooftop switch party

All for a rooftop switch party... if I had a roof
CrocMother
(05-21-2017, 05:30 AM)
I have a roof, but no Switch. I may consider a trade...
B-Dubs
No Scrubs
(05-21-2017, 08:38 AM)

Originally Posted by Penguin

All for a rooftop switch party... if I had a roof

Sounds like fun, but I also have no roof.
Makai
(05-21-2017, 10:32 AM)

I feel better
laserlaser
(05-21-2017, 10:12 PM)
on the first page says to bring cash since many places don't accept plastic. Is that only for mom&pops?

will be in nyc on wed. til rest of the week. hope the weather's not cold or too hot
Makai
(05-21-2017, 11:57 PM)

Originally Posted by laserlaser

on the first page says to bring cash since many places don't accept plastic. Is that only for mom&pops?

will be in nyc on wed. til rest of the week. hope the weather's not cold or too hot

Every store is mom&pop
Penguin
(05-22-2017, 12:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Makai

I feel better

I'm glad you were finally able to find a supermarket!
;)
laserlaser
(05-22-2017, 12:21 AM)
even the fancy restaurants? i dont feel comfortable walkin around w/ lotta cash.
Kanik
(05-22-2017, 12:29 AM)

Originally Posted by laserlaser

even the fancy restaurants? i dont feel comfortable walkin around w/ lotta cash.

The only place I've been to that is cash only in the last two years is my favorite Chinese resturaunt that is a hole in the wall. Just about every chain / medium to high scale place accepts cards and a ton of smaller places that used to be cash only switched over to those iPad card reader registers. I almost never have cash on me.

You should be fine. For peace of mind you can usually check a place out on Yelp and do a search on the reviews for "cash only".
daffy
(05-22-2017, 08:35 AM)
Any cool breakfast spots in Queens? Preferably all day breakfast.. not trying to slide in like Indiana Jones to meet the cut off.
effingvic
(05-22-2017, 03:55 PM)
Bruh fuck the NW and 7 this morning. Shoulda worked from home today 😡
CrocMother
(05-22-2017, 04:22 PM)
Very few cash only places these days from my experience
Kanik
(05-22-2017, 04:29 PM)
I miss the old Time Warner. They used to hold these sweepstakes that I consistently won. Was regularly getting VIP tickets to MSG events...now I just get annoying mail from Spectrum asking me to get a landline.
fallengorn
Bitches love smiley faces
(05-22-2017, 04:39 PM)

Originally Posted by daffy

Any cool breakfast spots in Queens? Preferably all day breakfast.. not trying to slide in like Indiana Jones to meet the cut off.

Queens Comfort?
commish
Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
(05-22-2017, 05:17 PM)

Originally Posted by CrocMother

Very few cash only places these days from my experience

There aren't a lot, but I've come across enough in Brooklyn that I still look to see beforehand if a particular spot is "cash only".
shimrra
(05-22-2017, 06:24 PM)

Originally Posted by daffy

Georgia Diner is one that comes to mind and it located right on Queens Blvd.
Jhoan
(05-22-2017, 07:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Kanik

I miss the old Time Warner. They used to hold these sweepstakes that I consistently won. Was regularly getting VIP tickets to MSG events...now I just get annoying mail from Spectrum asking me to get a landline.

I get the same type of offers as well as well as other neighbors' mail erroneously which I toss out these days. Once upon a time, I used to care and leave them.

On the topic of cash only places: In my neighborhood, many places are cash only or have a x dollar minimum on a card policy which I find dumb (I get the whole getting charged a merchant fee). For instance, Bodega Pizza is a cash only place for some odd reason. Otherwise, I almost never carry cash because I get nervous about losing it.

On another note, Five Points Festival was fun. I think having a few panels would have made it more interesting but that would have meant having to set up a tent outside and nixing the food court area. I got a bunch of swag as part of a volunteer package including prints which I have no intention of keeping.

The biggest thing was probably the Japanese toy maker that had all these poop figures and more pricey stuff the previous day. Half the people buying stuff were flippers/scalpers and the other half were die hard toy collectors/fans.Then there was Greg Capullo and Scott Snyder as well as Bryan Lee O'Malley and Dan Slott on the comics side. It was super easy to speak to them there as opposed to at a bigger con like say NYCC.

The Artist Alley was solid but I didn't buy anything at all at this con because I had met a bunch of those artists before and bought stuff at C2E2. Still it was cool catching up with a bunch of them. Sadly I lost my voice in the process but the food and the after party were fun and I enjoyed catching up with my con family.

I'm not sure what my next big con will be between now and October (assuming I get accepted to work at NYCC in July) but I will definitely be doing food festivals and smaller events. Left Field Media has got Awesome Con next month but that's in DC so I will have to think about it. My friend hooked me up with a volunteering gig at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden next month which involves manipulating puppets and a lavish after party so I'm looking forward to it.
daffy
(05-22-2017, 07:37 PM)

Originally Posted by fallengorn

Queens Comfort?

Originally Posted by shimrra

Thanks a bunch. Queens Comfort is pretty close to my hotel and Georgia Diner has a nice big menu
effingvic
(05-22-2017, 11:47 PM)

Originally Posted by shimrra

Ah man good ol peach diner. Used to go there all the time few years ago when I lived nearby.
Zaraki_Kenpachi
(Yesterday, 03:48 AM)
Any recommendations for best bagel shops in BK?