• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

SmokeMaxX

As someone totally new to the game, I'm trying to find a team. I kinda want to do Jun + Morrigan just because I'm familiar with Morrigan and Jun looked kinda interesting. However, the chaotic nature of Yatterman-2 makes me want to go Yat-2 + Morrigan. Any advice?

PS: Although it kinda looks that way, I'm not "that guy" that only uses the chicks in the game. Any help is much appreciated. :lol

Vgamer

jlevel13 said:
Anybody care to explain the rival thing? I've been saying no, just cause it feels a little weird to say yes - hard to feel like I've made a "rival" after playing a few games with an anonymous somebody somewhere in the world?

Its basically a way to add some one you played as a sort of friend so you can play them again. When you have some good competitive matches with someone and the lag was good you can make them a rival. Then next time you play if they are on it will tell you and you can challenge them to another fight. That way instead of letting the wifi randomly pick a player who may have tons of lag you will know the people on your rivals list have good lag and are good matches for you.

I heard a rumor that Ultimate All Stars had character themes removed. Is that true? I'll be pissed if I can't fight while listening to Viewtiful Joe's theme anywhere.

Ben2749 said:
I heard a rumor that Ultimate All Stars had character themes removed. Is that true? I'll be pissed if I can't fight while listening to Viewtiful Joe's theme anywhere.
Sadly, I haven't heard any VJ music yet. Maybe it isn't in :^/

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
For those who want to hear the original character themes, check out the OP -> Miscellaneous section.

Also, the new music are actually good. Orbital Ring FTW

ReiGun

MidnightScott said:
Ryu & Batsu are my mains :D
2jil2o.gif

Wizpig

jrricky said:
Also online sucks worst than smash...or is it because Im doing free battles?
Netcode is indeed worse than Brawl.

Now, the possibilities for the lag causes are a bunch; just like it always happens, 2-3 people who can actually play this without lag will start saying it's your connection, but the problem here is... if you lag here, do you play other online games? can you play THOSE without lag?
If so, it's not your connection... it's that simple.

I know that I almost never have lag playing online on 360, from SF 4 to MvC 2, Halo 3 and others. on the Wii, Mario Kart Wii, best netcode on the system, it's perfect, etc.
Here, I play with people from my country and there's still lag. :|
Again, I played Tatsunoko with a friend who has 4/5 connection bars on SF4 and the game there runs like the offline mode... what about Tatsunoko? lag, of course.

I'm going to check if there are some ports to open for the Wii, but holy shit... anyone knows how to solve this?
Ports, DMZ, stuff like that?

Dave Long

Banned
Haven't had lag here, and I played a lot of King of Fighters XII online on 360.

You folks have no idea what real lag is until you've done that.

TvC has been as perfect as SF IV for me.

Teknoman

Well the majority of the reviews/players in this topic have had good experiences with the online, so I don't think it could be worse than brawl.

EDIT: Whoops, typo. I meant don't.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Teknoman said:
Well the majority of the reviews/players in this topic have had good experiences with the online, so I do think it could be worse than brawl.

My Experiences of Brawl were a laggy mess, this is great most of the time, ok some delays maybe in some games, but for the most part -- It works really well.

I would say about 9/10 times the game is playable online

Finally got the game today.

So far i am loving it a lot, i didnt cared for the arcade mode, just hopped in right away into the online mode. I always liked to learn a fighter onthefly against real people.
After 5 hours of playing it non-stop i have to say its the best online experience i had on the wii, ist just so smooth, only had 2-3 laggy matches out of 67 matches so far.

I have to say there are some insame players already in the game, one guy made a combo of 140 against me with Roll, it was like a massacre i couldnt do anything.

Salsa

Got it today, just finished arcade mode. Awesome so far, ill try some online matches later.

I still want phoenix and speed racer : ( make it happen.

btw, the credits are awesome :D

Wizpig

@ the guys without lag:

How did you set up your Wii? Manually/Auto?
Are you using WiFi or a cable?
Did you work some magic on your router? port forwardings, etc.
And finally, what's your connection speed?

Thanks.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Wizpig said:
@ the guys without lag:

Thanks.

My Connection Speed is 20 Meg WiFi
I set it up Manually and the router is right next to the Wii
haven't touched any port forwarding etc it is a basic setup AFAIK

and one of the People I am playing is my Cousin who lives about 23 Miles away from me and is on a 24 meg Connection also Wifi

as for the Magic.. I eat my Vitamins and Say my Prayers at Night....

explodet

I decided to take a break from my current team and went online as Gold Lightan.

Stomping the crap out of offensive-heavy Ryu/Batsu/Zero players was more fun than I anticipated. :lol
I haven't lost a match with him yet. I figure once players learn to change their tactics I'll have more difficulty winning.

SmokeMaxX

Wizpig said:
Netcode is indeed worse than Brawl.

Now, the possibilities for the lag causes are a bunch; just like it always happens, 2-3 people who can actually play this without lag will start saying it's your connection, but the problem here is... if you lag here, do you play other online games? can you play THOSE without lag?
If so, it's not your connection... it's that simple.

I know that I almost never have lag playing online on 360, from SF 4 to MvC 2, Halo 3 and others. on the Wii, Mario Kart Wii, best netcode on the system, it's perfect, etc.
Here, I play with people from my country and there's still lag. :|
Again, I played Tatsunoko with a friend who has 4/5 connection bars on SF4 and the game there runs like the offline mode... what about Tatsunoko? lag, of course.

I'm going to check if there are some ports to open for the Wii, but holy shit... anyone knows how to solve this?
Ports, DMZ, stuff like that?

I don't think that's a fair comparison. A VAST majority of gamers on the 360 use a wired connection because it doesn't have built in wireless. For the most part, it doesn't matter if it's laggy when you play others on the Wii since it's almost always wireless on both ends (until one or both parties gets an adapter) and thus, more prone to packet loss and interference.

Mario Kart also doesn't count because lag doesn't actually matter since the game approximates everyone's positions and it's NOT in real-time. So, what you see isn't actually what is happening.

Wizpig said:
@ the guys without lag:

Thanks.

On Wireless, router set to only G mode, channel 11 ( Wii is picky on the channel set it to either 1 or 11) , DHCP on, extended range disabled.
Wii is around half a meter from the router.

Wii is set to dynamic ip, MTU value changed to 576 ( had lots of problem before i set it to it, lots of random disconnets, never was able to download anything from the shop channel because it always stoped around the middle of the download, same issue with my dsi, palying around with that value fixed it)

Ohh and the firewall in the router is disabled. Web encryption.
Internet connection is cable, 15 Mbit down and 1,5 Mbit up
Hope something helps you

I'm from europe and had a lots of games against americans, even then the matches were really smooth and also played a few games with my uncle, he lives 1200 km away from me in Germany, first game with him was pretty laggy, then we found out he was uploading torrents, he stoped it and then it was smooth.

JadedOne

So I was playing survival mode and I was on the uncharted region of china stage where you fight on top a bridge. The bridge collapsed while fighting and it continued to drift down a river which was awesome. Are there any other stages that do this sort of thing?

Nabs

farscape82 said:
On Wireless, router set to only G mode, channel 11 ( Wii is picky on the channel set it to either 1 or 11)

yeah, this helped me back when brawl came out.

farscape82 said:
I'm from europe and had a lots of games against americans, even then the matches were really smooth and also played a few games with my uncle, he lives 1200 km away from me in Germany, first game with him was pretty laggy, then we found out he was uploading torrents, he stoped it and then it was smooth.

lol, i bet that's a big problem w/ random matches.

Does anyone have advice on how to take advantage of Baroque? It seems like having a combo extender would do a lot, but damage scaling always seems to kick in heavily with it and I barely end up doing any more damage than I would have without it. Is there something I'm missing?

Why For? said:
Well, I've been landing it 8/10 times and fuck me it demolishes EVERYONE. It takes like over 1/3 of the bar.

Really? I can't imagine how most people could get hit by it since it's blockable and slow. It might work on some people, but I don't think you can rely on just throwing it out there against people who know what they're doing.

Vgamer

jufonuk said:
My Experiences of Brawl were a laggy mess, this is great most of the time, ok some delays maybe in some games, but for the most part -- It works really well.

I would say about 9/10 times the game is playable online

I am having the same experience. A few laggy matches but most have worked great.

flake

Not sure if this has been answered before..but is the gamecube controller the best way to play this game, excluding a fight stick of course.

I would think that both Classic Controllers would be better, especially the Pro. The GCN controller is probably the worst "standard" controller you could use for this game.

Vgamer

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
I would think that both Classic Controllers would be better, especially the Pro. The GCN controller is probably the worst "standard" controller you could use for this game.

Ya go for the Classic Controller.

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
Does anyone have advice on how to take advantage of Baroque? It seems like having a combo extender would do a lot, but damage scaling always seems to kick in heavily with it and I barely end up doing any more damage than I would have without it. Is there something I'm missing?
Baroque combos do dramatically more damage if your character has a significant amount of red health.

Moobabe

haunts said:
Basic Viewtiful Joe Combo i just whipped up:

Light, Medium, Crouching Medium, Hard (slight delay before launcher), Launcher -> Light, Medium, Hard (2 Hits) -> Light Medium Hard (2 Hits), cancel into Voomerang or Red Hot Kick.

I just saw this on the site that's been posted with guides etc and HOW is this for beginners? Me and my housemates got the game today and is there a good way to learn combos? We're playing on cube controls so it's not ideal but it all seems so advanced,

I still am a bit disappointed at the lack of character themes but word on all the Orbital Ring Systems Cargo Bay & Aensland Castle stage/music love.

ORSCB is my number one jam.

_dementia said:
Baroque combos do dramatically more damage if your character has a significant amount of red health.

Oh, I guess I had that too low in training.

Moobabe said:
I just saw this on the site that's been posted with guides etc and HOW is this for beginners? Me and my housemates got the game today and is there a good way to learn combos? We're playing on cube controls so it's not ideal but it all seems so advanced,

That combo is pretty basic.

-You can chain together attacks on the ground in order of light, medium, and heavy. You can add in crouching attacks too, and some characters might want to skip attacks in that "order" for varying reasons (for example, Zero's standing and crouching heavy attacks cause damage scaling to kick into overdrive, which is bad, so his basic ground combo would be something like light, crouching light, medium, crouching medium...)

-Every character's down-forward heavy attack is a launcher, which sends your enemy up in the air. Hold up after hitting someone with the launcher and you'll follow them.

-After you follow someone after launching them, you can attack them and chain attacks together just like you were on the ground. A lot of the time, you can do a short chain (like light-medium-heavy), then use your double jump, then do it again. Different characters will have different air combos that you can use to keep them in range after you do the double jump - for example, Yatterman-2's is simple since you can launch, use medium twice, jump again, and use it twice more.

-Then you can usually finish with a special or super.

Light - medium - heavy - launch - air combo - special or super finish is the most basic vs. series combo (and it's really the only thing I can do at all, so I'm not trying to be condescending). Learning that will teach you the basics of fighting in these vs. games.

Moobabe said:

Try light, medium, hard, launcher, JUMP, medium, medium, JUMP air joe. Decent damage, it just doesn't knock down. You can also just air joe in place of the last two mediums and forget the second half. The kicker with VJoe is that A) his arms are stubby so you gotta get close and B) you gotta delay a split second in between hard and launcher to make it connect.

Moobabe

That combo is pretty basic.

-You can chain together attacks on the ground in order of light, medium, and heavy. You can add in crouching attacks too, and some characters might want to skip attacks in that "order" for varying reasons (for example, Zero's standing and crouching heavy attacks cause damage scaling to kick into overdrive, which is bad, so his basic ground combo would be something like light, crouching light, medium, crouching medium...)

-Every character's down-forward heavy attack is a launcher, which sends your enemy up in the air. Hold up after hitting someone with the launcher and you'll follow them.

-After you follow someone after launching them, you can attack them and chain attacks together just like you were on the ground. A lot of the time, you can do a short chain (like light-medium-heavy), then use your double jump, then do it again. Different characters will have different air combos that you can use to keep them in range after you do the double jump - for example, Yatterman-2's is simple since you can launch, use medium twice, jump again, and use it twice more.

-Then you can usually finish with a special or super.

Light - medium - heavy - launch - air combo - special or super finish is the most basic vs. series combo (and it's really the only thing I can do at all, so I'm not trying to be condescending). Learning that will teach you the basics of fighting in these vs. games.

Not condescending at all! Thanks for the help, I've never really seen it broken down like that before. We just spent 2 hours getting the timing down on the polimar/west combo thing. We suck :lol

Grecco

Finallly got the game. Fantastic overall. A friend of mine kicked my ass a bit with Doronjo but i held my own some what with Soki and Yattrman 1 .awesome game

When I'm not working or doing school work, I am playing this game. One of my favorite fighters of the last ten years (along with Rival Schools, MvC2, Vampire Hunter/ Darkstalkers). I am so glad that I bought the Madcatz stick with it. I was going to order the new CC that coming to the States in April but I decided to try out the stick. For my first stick, I'm very impressed. I wish it was a octagonal restrictor base for the joystiq instead of a square but all in all, it's amazing. Now, I need to save up for a stick for my PS3.

Oh, and my favorite characters right now are Batsu, Ippatsuman, and Jun the Swan.

My mains seem to be Karas, Ippatsuman, Alex, Frank West, Morrigan and Doronjo. I've just sort of gravitated around these guys.

Tekkaman Blade is trickier to use than I thought.

ReiGun

Finally decided to go with Roll/Casshan for the time being. Damn I love that little robot. I found Yatter-1 and Chun a little difficult to use (at least for my scrubby ass anyway), but I'll pick them up again I'm sure. Still need to take the rest of the cast for a spin though. I kinda liked what little I've played of Jun.

Played a ton online today. Still takes a while to get an opponent, but luckily everyone is willing to play multiple games. Ken the Eagle and T-Blade also made my "Fuck you" list today. :lol

Question: Can I kill Ippatsuman's robot? And if so, how? I kept jumping and super jumping trying to hit something, but no luck.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Played over at my fighting obsessed friends house last night, eventually ended up going Yatterman-1/Jun and Yatterman-1/Ken for most of the night. Still got my ass whupped by a guy who's played MvC2 almost daily for years. :lol

jrricky

Banned
well im up for matches if anyone wants

FC: 1033 - 2660 - 5533

explodet said:
I decided to take a break from my current team and went online as Gold Lightan.

Stomping the crap out of offensive-heavy Ryu/Batsu/Zero players was more fun than I anticipated. :lol
I haven't lost a match with him yet. I figure once players learn to change their tactics I'll have more difficulty winning.
so u were the asshole that was fighting me with that giant thing eh? >_>

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Yesterday, in my first online match, we went back and forth with combos, I used tags well... I knew I going to lose but when I did I looked at his health and neither character was less than half way down. Got my butt kick in every match after that. I didn't notice much lag.

I played through it offline to unlock characters and learn moves.

Today, laggy as hell. During the first match my character practically just stood there. It got better with each new player (or I just became use to the delay). I started winning a few matches... then I learn that just about everyone turtles up and spams projectiles and supers when their afraid they might lose (the higher the win percentage the worse they are).

All-in-all, I really like this game but I'm not having much fun with it online.

So how frequently are you guys running into the giants online? I haven't seen one yet and am wondering what a non-CPU controlled one is like.

explodet

jrricky said:
so u were the asshole that was fighting me with that giant thing eh? >_>
If it was me I'm sorry, I'll try not to make a habit of it. :D

If it makes you feel better I got stomped by a Ryu/Joe the Condor and a Ryu/Chun-Li today.

Hiltz

I recently unlocked
Joe the Condor
and he's instantly become one of my favorite characters. Such awesome moves.

I also finally unlocked PTX-A40's mini game. It's pretty fun and challenging especially when using certain characters.

ReiGun said:
Question: Can I kill Ippatsuman's robot? And if so, how? I kept jumping and super jumping trying to hit something, but no luck.

If he tries to do the laser move (you'll see the jewel on its chest glowing), then you can either hit that or the head, I'm not sure. Otherwise I don't think you can do anything but evade.

ThirstyFly said:
So how frequently are you guys running into the giants online? I haven't seen one yet and am wondering what a non-CPU controlled one is like.

Much worse than the CPU giants. They actually block.

Top Bottom