• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW, FINAL Wii's Interface Screens

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
HowardMoon said:
What?

The designs "issues" are more to do with having to point at the interface rather then navigate it with the D Pad.... hence the large icons. HD has nothing to do with this.

Why are you being logical?

Manp

remember me of an autoplay menu i made for a dvd with one of those drag n drop programs

looks somewhat amateurish

:)

DJ Sl4m said:
Another example of the limitations of SD.

This is a terrible interface, the SD is definately holding back the possibilty of a nice neat menu with lots of options on screen at once.
You're good with the sarcasm. Too good.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
What are you guys going to nickname your Wiis?

I think I'm going to go with Mr.Winky.

argon said:
I don't think it really has to do with SD. The pages are laid out in order of importance. You don't want grandma accidentally clicking "Format System Memory" when she wants to set the sound settings.

Uh... You do realise SD is standard def right? Not the card. Just making sure:lol

HowardMoon said:
What?

The designs "issues" are more to do with having to point at the interface rather then navigate it with the D Pad.... hence the large icons. HD has nothing to do with this.

Exactly.

It's because the wiimote is imprecise.

;)

Amir0x

Banned
yeah these specific pics don't paint the interface in an overly positive note, but eh... i don't buy systems for interface.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I always liked the gamecube menu :/

I just hope i dont have to shut the system off every time i do something.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
sp0rsk said:

I believe you're never supposed to shut it off, remember?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
sp0rsk said:

It's always on! :D

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
It's a %^%^%^%&^ing menu.

Perhaps it doesn't use enough shaders.

You are slow aren't you? He said it was simple. You took it to the other extreme and looked like a monkey.

Amir0x

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
It's a %^%^%^%&^ing menu.

Perhaps it doesn't use enough shaders.

What are you supposed to comment on in a thread solely about Wii's interface? You either like it, or you don't. If someone thinks it's too simplistic, that's a valid complaint. For me, it's just not very appealing... sort of feels like one of those Walmart interfaces for Kodak pictures, only in White.

theREBELins said:
The blade system on the 360 looks great, and is simple. This one's just simple.

They want a grandma friendly interface. The X360 dashboard is great for us, but it's definitely not clean enough for the current non-gamers.

Cosmozone

Don't like the screens with the black background. What were they thinking? The interface also looks unfinished which makes it hard to believe that they're final. A single channel just with a Wii logo on it? Sun 1/1? Not convinced yet. The big buttons make sense, though.

Amir0x said:
What are you supposed to comment on in a thread solely about Wii's interface? You either like it, or you don't. If someone thinks it's too simplistic, that's a valid complaint. For me, it's just not very appealing... sort of feels like one of those Walmart interfaces for Kodak pictures, only in White.

I guess. To each their own but when it comes to me, I want the most user friendly interface possible. Everything's clear and so easy to see which is exactly what I wanted and what I think chore-like parts of the experience need to be to make them as unintrusive and non-annoying as possible.

Then again, some people stress over the shape of a system so I guess that's their right/problem.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Why are people complaining now, at the sight of some fuzzy screencaps?

We saw the real thing in motion weeks ago:

http://us.wii.com/channel_menu.jsp

Everything is animated, so it doesn't seem static and dull, and there seems to be a nice zoom when you select a channel as well. Looks fine. The black screen are just config settings which you are only going to use once.

Aeana

The screens may look kind of plain, but from the videos that have been shown, it seems like it has a lot of really cool animation. It certainly looks far better in motion. I can't wait to use it.

wii2.JPG

I don't like this menu^^, I need catagories. I'm biased yeah, but I don't like all apps being on the same menu when the apps are of different types (music, videos, weather, demo)

needs ORDER!

Aside from the shitty TV the screens were taken from, the interface looks functional. I wouldn't mind having to look at it.

Also, I'm glad sensor and display settings are handled by the system like X360. It just makes things a crapload easier. And about orgainization, there were repordetly options to use folders, right? Rather than having everything scattered about?

gutter_trash said:
wii2.JPG

I don't like this menu^^, I need catagories. I'm biased yeah, but I don't like all apps being on the same menu when the apps are of different types (music, videos, weather, demo)

needs ORDER!

You're supposed to be able to organise your VC, apparently. I'm with you in that area.

Top Bottom